Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

3.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

ok, this is my grandma's favorite perfume but ... it's very elegant and timeless! my grandfather buys her the pure perfume which lasts forever and smells exquisite. i love the smell, not only because i find it beautiful... but also because it brings back all kinds of happy memories for me :) ymmv :)

on 9/11/2003 1:28:00 AM

I may be at a minority here... But I this perfume is disgusting. I got it as a gift several years ago, and was about to puke just smelling the bottle. I pretended to love it, of course. :) On my skin, it smells like rotten flowers and vomit. Perhaps it's just my bottle... But this is down there with Elixir and Glow.

I love the way this smells...a bit of powdery-ness and lots of floral, mainly gardenia. Its very classic...but my DH said it smelled old lady-ish :(. I will use the rest of my bottle but I doubt I will buy this again seeing as its a bit to classic for me.

on 2/19/2004 6:16:00 PM

This is said to be one of the 5 great perfumes of the world along with Chanel No. 5, Shalimar, Joy and Arpege. It means one of these perfumes is purchased around the world every second. I can see why this 1948 launch has stood the test of time. It opens with jasmine, gardenia and carnation, drying down to rose and sandalwood. After the florals are gone, there's this fine woody base. A little edt goes a long way. I almost didn't buy it because I associated it with old ladies. My mother had a bottle. But after glowing reviews at P'ville, I thought I'd give it another try. I ordered a gift set, which my 8 y.o. Megan promptly took for herself. So it must be good.

on 7/5/2004 4:47:00 PM

My mother wore this scent in the 80s. I used to sneak into her room and spritz it... till one day I accidently spritzed some in my eye and had to stay home from school. I absolutely adore this scent. After about 15 or so years my mother had a bit left in a bottle that she gave me to me. I swore never to wear it because 1)she didn't remember the name of it, nor was it marked on the bottle 2)it smells too good to use up. My mother recently came back from Florida with a new bottle! And yay! I finally know the name of it now. But the older 80s packaging was much more timeless than this new one. I love this scent so much and it lasts all day. Definitely not your everyday run of the mill perfume. I'd save this for special occasions or days where you want your scent to be noticeable and lasting.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This was the first fragrance I ever bought at the age of 16 and I still love it. It is a fresh, airy, romantic floral scent, not at all musty or musky on me, and with just the right degree of sweetness (i.e., not too sweet!) Although many people find the carnation note spicy, I can't really detect any spices, and I find the predominant notes on my skin are rose, jasmine and iris. I have the edt and it lasts about 4 hours before I need to respray. I think this beautiful scent can be worn all year round, although it's particularly suitable for spring and summer. It does not get the attention it deserves in my opinion!

on 4/26/2005 9:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a classic for moms. It's floraly and lightly sweet and slightly powdery, but not overpowering. Not my style, but a nice mature woman's fragrance.

I believe this is the fragrance that I have worn the longest. I'm 47 and I think I was in my early 20's when I first discovered it. The reviews below describe the notes much better than I ever could. I just wanted to add my experiences. To me this fragrance is seasonless. I reach for it throughout the year, usually when I'm going to be snuggling at home with DH, but seldom when we are going out. I have no idea why that is? I believe it may be a nostalgic fragrance for me, as DH niether likes nor dislikes it, so it is definitely a scent that I wear for me.

on 3/20/2006 9:57:00 AM

I am glad I revisited L'Air du Temps(thank you snowywhite) ,it's still as beautiful as I remember.It is soft and ladylike ,to me the prettiest carnation scent,just like baby pink carnations .It is lighter yet similar to one of my faves from my teenage years,Wind Song by Prince Matchabelli.

on 6/5/2006 2:16:00 PM

L'air du Temps is a nostalgia scent for me. It was my signature scent when I was young and it was beautiful in all its formulations. But I think it's been tweaked/changed in recent years, so it's not as nice as it used to be. This is not the type of floral scent people wear anymore - unless you're into nostalgia. I received a vintage bottle in a swap. The very top notes have disintegrated but what's left is still lovely. It goes through a distinct vetiver stage on my skin before it settles down into a gardenia-soapy creaminess that's very long lasting. My husband complimented me on this scent, but I'd never return to it. Just too much water under the bridge, and I'm into a different type of fragrance now, as most of us are.