Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 56 & Over
Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

1.5

on 10/15/2009 10:24:00 AM

Many years ago this was my first 'real' perfume and how I loved it - a beautiful satiny floral, rich but cool. When I wore it I felt as if I was walking with my lover through an enchanted garden whilst wearing a satin ballgown. I moved on - Jicky, Coco, Osmanthe Yunnan - but every time I passed L'AdT on the fragrance counter I thought 'First love; should try it again'.

A few weeks ago I did, and although lover, flowers & ballgown were still there, it felt that he wasn't talking to me, the flowers were drooping & the ballgown was nylon. I was heartbroken & felt maybe it was me. Then a friend showed me the reference in The Guide and I understood what had happened.

A warning to us all: when you love a perfume buy plenty before those dear people at HQ rip the guts out of it.

on 3/23/2009 5:57:00 PM

I used to love this many moons ago. I just can't wear it now. It gives me horrible headaches. Shame, because the bottle is so beautiful and the name is lovely too, but in the end, it's the scent that matters and I just can't stand it. I wish I could be more precise about it and explain exactly what I don't like about it-but it is just like a love affair that went sour, and you can't stand the sight of the person at all.
Still, I feel jealous of those who can wear this,the name is pure poetry.