Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 19-24
Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

3.1

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great for grandma, not for me.

Chemically, WAY too floral in a very unpleasant, musty way.

Love the bottle though?

EDIT:
I have to edit this. I was antique shopping today and found an old LdT bottle, I opened it up to smell it and was not at all jarring or chemically. I actually...liked it. But seeing as how that formulation is long gone...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OK, ok, won't call this "old lady" because that's just too obvious, and apparently some people don't like it being called that. It certainly is mature though. I gave it two lippies for fantastic staying power. Such staying power, in fact, that when I tried it on at the airport I could not wash it off and I was stuck on a small plane with a mature floral bubble surrounding me.

It was not for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is just a very polarizing scent, and from what I've read most people just like it b/c it reminds me of their mom or grandmother or some memory from a few decades ago. Makes me sad to write this, but I think I like this less and less. I'm definitely a floral, even powdery floral girl, but if I were to wear this now, it would make me feel too old. I wore this in the middle of college when I spent my first summer in New York City, and I think I just liked it b/c it made me feel rich and expensive b/c I smelled like a rich and expensive old lady. This is a very sweet, powdery, strong scent..I'm undecided, so giving it 3 lippies -- it's an effective floral, but just has too much potential to smell bad. To me it is not delicate, airy, or fresh at all. You either love it or hate it.

on 7/5/2004 4:47:00 PM

My mother wore this scent in the 80s. I used to sneak into her room and spritz it... till one day I accidently spritzed some in my eye and had to stay home from school. I absolutely adore this scent. After about 15 or so years my mother had a bit left in a bottle that she gave me to me. I swore never to wear it because 1)she didn't remember the name of it, nor was it marked on the bottle 2)it smells too good to use up. My mother recently came back from Florida with a new bottle! And yay! I finally know the name of it now. But the older 80s packaging was much more timeless than this new one. I love this scent so much and it lasts all day. Definitely not your everyday run of the mill perfume. I'd save this for special occasions or days where you want your scent to be noticeable and lasting.

I love the way this smells...a bit of powdery-ness and lots of floral, mainly gardenia. Its very classic...but my DH said it smelled old lady-ish :(. I will use the rest of my bottle but I doubt I will buy this again seeing as its a bit to classic for me.

on 9/11/2003 1:28:00 AM

I may be at a minority here... But I this perfume is disgusting. I got it as a gift several years ago, and was about to puke just smelling the bottle. I pretended to love it, of course. :) On my skin, it smells like rotten flowers and vomit. Perhaps it's just my bottle... But this is down there with Elixir and Glow.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

ok, this is my grandma's favorite perfume but ... it's very elegant and timeless! my grandfather buys her the pure perfume which lasts forever and smells exquisite. i love the smell, not only because i find it beautiful... but also because it brings back all kinds of happy memories for me :) ymmv :)