Yves Saint Laurent Gold Celebration Palette 2004 - Shine Flash

Gold Celebration Palette 2004 - Shine Flash

on 9/13/2005 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Got this through Yahoo Auctions for only US$40 plus shipping :P Love it! Color coordination, quality and versatility are all excellent, by far the best I've seen in a long time. Eyeshadows are silky and pigmented, the Lavender shade is just right for day-time, Burgundy surprising good on yellow-toned pale Asian skin, probably because of the warm brown undertones. The shiny lipsticks are a steal, love Crushed Cranberry topped with Frosted Pink, gives me a in-between-summer-and-fall kind of lipcolor, warm yet refreshing and vibrant. But what I like best is the pressed powder which I use for highlight, which compliments the skin without magnifying blemishes, as so many other pearl-finish powders do. The compact is a beauty to die for too, I just love the shiny golden theme!

I LOVE THIS!!!! I wear this everyday! This palette is so versatile! I love the Shine Flash Gold Celebration and I am going to buy my Mom and my best friend this palette. The lipsticks are gorgeous and last a long time. It's a totally awesome palette. My hat is off to YSL! They OUTDID themselves this year!

on 11/6/2004 4:59:00 PM

Gold Celebration Palette allows one to sample some of YSL's eyeshadows and lippies as well as a highlighter. There are 4 es and shiny lipsticks. The eyeshadows are a sheer yet shimmery white, a beigy champagne tone, a burgundy that can be used as a liner and a soft violet shade. The lippies are sampled from the line's Rouge Vibration shades, Crushed Raspberry, a vibrant berry color as well as a light rose and a medium rose shade and a bronzy color. The highlighter is golden. Just right for most skin tones. It's packaged in a portable gold compact with the YSL logo on front. In my mind, this is a bargain for $45 USD.