Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow - Cement

4.3

on 1/6/2018 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have a handful of BB shadows and this is one of my favs. It is right in the middle between wheat (very light khaki) & slate (mid-toned gray plum). Cement is perfor every day wear. Most days I wear bone all over, then cement from lid to crease, Teddy eyeliner from MAC & a little mascara. DONE. Takes me 5 minutes or less. It looks very natural & beautiful.
FYI - I have light skin with yellow undertones (NC20), brown eyes & dark brown hair.

on 5/22/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first review I ever did on an eyeshadow. I never really wore any because I never knew how to apply it. I finally invested in some Bobbi Brown and MAC eyeshadows. Cement is my favorite. It really flatters my green eyes. I wear it with Bone all over and Cement in the crease. It does not look like much in the pan and I think it warms up when applied on my eyes. I wish i bought it sooner. I think Bobbi Brown eyeshadows look different when applied on the eyes. You really need to try them on to see what they look like and not trust the swatches or what they look like in the pan. There are several that look the same but are all different when worn. Cement, Taupe and Sable are the most flattering for green eyes that I have ever worn. I would keep repurchasing these eyeshadows.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Me: Asian w yellow undertones (MAC NC30 or BB Natural Tan-I do go up a shade in foundation to add some color to my face).

Cement is right in between BB Wheat (too light) and taupe (too warm) and is the perfect MLBB look. It subtly and softly adds depth to my crease but doesn't look like I have eyeshadow on. It looks cool in the pan but shows up with more warmth. It does remind me of the color of cement.

The only con is the price-$21 (just raised price from $20) is a bit much for a product that isn't better than other HE shadows that cost less. I put "no" for repurchase because I rarely buy the same eyeshadow twice and seldom use up a shadow anyway.

on 10/19/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

If I could only have one eye shadow color, this would be it.

on 3/23/2011 8:10:00 PM

A good neutral matte colour for brown eyes. I normally use it in the eye crease but happily use it over the eyelid and crease. Its one of those colours that looks like chalky nothingness in the pan but is great for subtley contouring the eye. There is so much in the pot that I doubt I will have to buy again in my lifetime.

on 12/12/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a very natural color for daytime and casual looks. I have blue eyes and
this is very neutral with just a hint of gray. Makes my eye color pop for some
reason. I am a light medium skin tone with warm undertones. It just
slightly shows up on me, so if your skin is darker or you like a dramatic
eye, this might not be for you.

It wears all day and never creases as I use it in and slightly above the crease,
blending it outward. This is so natural and is what I have been looking for.
My older eye area can't take dramatic colors anymore.

I will be purchasing again, although this little pot will probably last forever!

on 1/14/2009 10:25:00 PM

Cement, described on the website as grey beige, is more grey than beige. To me, it looks gorgeous in the container. And to me, it looks quite gorgeous when applied, only much lighter. As with all of Bobbi's shadows, it has warmth. I like it very much as a lid color.

on 11/15/2008 1:43:00 PM

I have recently started trying more spendy products other than the nationwide brands (lancome, clinique, etc.) which never impressed me more than the drug store brands.

So, my first foray was MAC shadows. There was a definitely improvement in quality with these--highly pigmented, blend fairly well, stay on a long time with the use of a lid primer. BUT, the COLORS--ewww. On me they were never as pictured on their site or as appeared on people in various pics/videos I've seen on the web....they always turned kinda muddy and flat and me save the bold, bright ones.

So, since most of my makeup wearing is daytime at work I moved onto Bobbi Brown. I got a trio of bone, cement and espresso. WOW! Highly pigmented, blendable and these colors look marvy on me. Worth every penny. Sorry MAC, I am moving on. Its all Bobbi from now on!

on 10/12/2008 1:47:00 PM

I have this shade in the Basics Eye palette that is in stores right now (Oct 08). It's a pretty decent palette, but this shade is only ok. It doesn't blow me away like a lot of other BB colors. It's very light and barely noticeable on my lids by itself. If you are looking for a really natural shadow to sweep on your lids on the low-makeup days (just to even them out or neutralize redness, etc.), then you might like this quite a bit. If you prefer more pigmentation in your eye looks, Cement is useful in its own way. When I feel my eye look is too dark from other colors, this works well for sweeping all over to tone it down a bit. It makes for a nice polished look when used in this way. If you have the Shimmering Nudes palette, this is similar to a the Nude Mist shade, only more matte and maybe a bit less pigmented. I am glad I have this palette and will find uses for this shade, but probably wouldn't re-purchase.

on 1/14/2008 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have a split pan of Cement/Smoke that I used to use for my brows. I have very dark, almost black hair, but my brows are sparse so I can actually pull off Cement on my brows. It looks slightly darker than my natural brow but filled in and more polished. However I do have a few spots that need extra help so I like to have a darker brow shade on hand to fill those out. Smoke turned out to be not the best color for that, it was a bit too black/harsh. I have since bought a full size of Mahogany and am using that with my Cement. I also use Cement as a subtle crease color with a shimmery champagne on the lid. A great nude eye for work.

I find that using MAC Paint in Bare Canvas over my entire lid, including my brows really helps to grab the color and make it stay in place all day. I put it on at 6:30 in the morning and it doesn't come off till I take it off.