Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow - Cement

Eye Shadow - Cement

4.3

on 12/30/2016 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a nice "greige,"but looks more beige-brown than grey on my cool-toned skin. Bobbi Brown used to have a color in their collection called Woodrose, which was the perfect taupe for me, and the color was in between Cement and Heather. I now have both Cement and Heather, and I prefer Heather. Cement is a nice subtle wash or even crease shade, but it's too plain.

on 9/10/2013 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

One of BB favorites, she uses it in almost every video

It makes me look dead, so I don't use it

on 1/31/2013 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am cool and light toned, with greyish green eyes (MAC NW15) and Cement is the perfect neutral shadow for me. It has enough pigment to show up in a subtle way, it is very finely milled and blendable, and the right shade of light taupe - a mix of beige and grey that is leaning toward cool. It makes my eyes stand out, wears all day and pairs well with many other eye shadows I own. I use it all over my lower lid and in the crease for day. For evening I usually add a deeper shade in the crease, Slate, Flint or Sable are pairiings I frequently use to add more definition. A true staple, I use it almost daily. Retails for $21 and you get a lot of product, worth every penny in my opinion and a definite repurchase once I run out.

on 1/31/2013 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A must-have essential for me. NW20, dark brown hair, dark brown eyes. Very flattering and just enough color to make things interesting for neutral eyes.

Cement is a medium greyish taupe brown. It is the perfect contouring color for fair skin. I especially love it because there is no red in it. So many medium browns have red and make me look like I have allergies (or have just been crying). This is a staple.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am very much surprised at how much I love this shadow. Whenever I want to do a flattering nude or neutral eye look, I reach for Cement. The color is very hard to describe. It seems to be warm and cool at the same time. It is grey and taupe all at once. While it is matte, it is not chalky. It has a very nice finish and blends beautifully. The color really makes my hazel green eyes stand out. Cement is not a flashy or exciting shadow, but I wouldn't call it boring. It's a high quality basic that has earned a special place in my makeup drawer.

on 12/12/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a very natural color for daytime and casual looks. I have blue eyes and
this is very neutral with just a hint of gray. Makes my eye color pop for some
reason. I am a light medium skin tone with warm undertones. It just
slightly shows up on me, so if your skin is darker or you like a dramatic
eye, this might not be for you.

It wears all day and never creases as I use it in and slightly above the crease,
blending it outward. This is so natural and is what I have been looking for.
My older eye area can't take dramatic colors anymore.

I will be purchasing again, although this little pot will probably last forever!

on 7/28/2009 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite Bobbi Brown shadow. The color is classic ~ a soft grey taupe that is simply elegant on the lid. You can dress it up with an eggplant shade for the crease or add to a natural day look with her Grey shadow in the crease.

I love this shadow.

on 10/12/2008 1:47:00 PM

I have this shade in the Basics Eye palette that is in stores right now (Oct 08). It's a pretty decent palette, but this shade is only ok. It doesn't blow me away like a lot of other BB colors. It's very light and barely noticeable on my lids by itself. If you are looking for a really natural shadow to sweep on your lids on the low-makeup days (just to even them out or neutralize redness, etc.), then you might like this quite a bit. If you prefer more pigmentation in your eye looks, Cement is useful in its own way. When I feel my eye look is too dark from other colors, this works well for sweeping all over to tone it down a bit. It makes for a nice polished look when used in this way. If you have the Shimmering Nudes palette, this is similar to a the Nude Mist shade, only more matte and maybe a bit less pigmented. I am glad I have this palette and will find uses for this shade, but probably wouldn't re-purchase.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Cement is a surprisingly good color. I bought it after the MA used it on me -- she used it in the creaase over bone and the beige shimmer wash (from the spring 2005 kit), and it looked great! As a blue eyed blonde with fair lashes and eyebrows, I have to be careful about overdoing it, and I expected Cement to be too subtle but it's great. I keep experimenting with it with my other BB colors and I love it. EDIT: BBMA convinced me to try Cement on my eyebrows (they are blonde and invisible otherwise), and she used the perfect light touch -- VOILA! I have eyebrows! I have to say this is the first time I've ever found a brow color that looks completely natural. Strange that the color would be called "Cement", but no matter... it works.