Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow - Cement

Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow - Cement
Eye Shadow - Cement

on 10/15/2004 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The more I wear Bobbi Brown, the more I love their products. What I love about their gel liners is that the colors are skin tone flattering, highly pigmented, and stay on for miles. I just cannot have enough BB and I cannot have enough gel eyeliners. Lately I've been playing with eye shadow / liner combinations recommended at BB's website (or similar combos) and having great luck. Today I wore warms. I'm an MMM, with neutral warm-toned Type IV/V skin, wearing MAC NW25 without a tan; very dark brown hair, very dark brown eyes with a gray ring around the iris. I wore Eye Shadow - Bone as an overall base, with this Cement on the lower part of the lid; this 2-tone eye color look is unusual for me to do. I used Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner - Cobalt thinly against my top lashes and barely there under the eye and MaximEyes mascara in Maxi Blue. I wore Blush - Nectar and on my lips I wore Creamy Lip Liner - Tawny as a liner, filled in with Lip Color - Putty, and topped off with Shimmer Lip Tint SPF 15 - Glow. This is a nicer polished look than a dull neutral look ... great for casual. Cement looks just like wet cement! It's simply another fantastic choice of neutrals to play with from Bobbi Brown.

Bobbi Brown's website describes this shade as GREY BEIGE
continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Cement is a surprisingly good color. I bought it after the MA used it on me -- she used it in the creaase over bone and the beige shimmer wash (from the spring 2005 kit), and it looked great! As a blue eyed blonde with fair lashes and eyebrows, I have to be careful about overdoing it, and I expected Cement to be too subtle but it's great. I keep experimenting with it with my other BB colors and I love it. EDIT: BBMA convinced me to try Cement on my eyebrows (they are blonde and invisible otherwise), and she used the perfect light touch -- VOILA! I have eyebrows! I have to say this is the first time I've ever found a brow color that looks completely natural. Strange that the color would be called "Cement", but no matter... it works.

on 5/22/2005 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A bit of a blah color - mine's a gwp, cute, mini-sized shadow. Better as a brow color, than eyeshadow, so I'm mainly using it as that.

on 11/16/2005 3:12:00 PM

On me, this gray-brown shade was very blah and dull-looking no matter what I did with it, what I combined it with, it just didn't make my eyes light up and actually dragged me down a bit. I have light skin, blue eyes, dark brown hair, look best in neutrals. Rated it a 3 because I do think the quality of the shadow is excellent, it is very smooth and nicely pigmented, and although it is pricey the pot is really large.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

These shadows retail for $19 and comes in a large round black pot with clear lid. Each shadow is double the size of a MAC one, .09 oz. This is a boring matte beige shade. Not very pigmented either. Wouldnt repurchase.

I was using this on my brows until I took a good look at it in natural light and realized that it has a weird pinky undertone. YMMV of course.

on 3/13/2006 9:20:00 PM

I picked this up at CCO as it was only $13.50! Cement is a medium smokey matte taupe. Gals who love neutrals will want to try this.

The Bobbi Brown website describes this shade as a grey-beige... I find that it leans more towards the grey side of that description. It is a matte shade and is featured in the "Summer" collection for this year.
I would say this shade is a nice neutral color but I don't find this shadow to be very long lasting, even when using UDPP... and I find that I have to apply a lot to get it to show up(I'm a PPP). So with that said, it's not as pigmented as other shadows I've used... I would not purchase this shade again.

on 11/19/2007 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Perfect to emphasize my ash blonde eyebrows. However, it doesn't really have enough pigment to use as a shadow unless one is after a *very* natural look.

on 1/10/2008 6:18:00 PM

This makes a terrific barely-there crease color for me (I've used it on the lids, too, but don't like that quite at well). On days when I want a natural look I put on Nars AAE with this in the crease, liner and mascara, and am set to go. Like all BB shadows, it blends really, really easily. It is a light matte taupe, verging towards the gray side. Not a thrilling color to look at in the pan, but folks who like neutrals should check this out. Mac NW 20, brown hair and eyes.