Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow - Cement

Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow - Cement
Eye Shadow - Cement

on 2/24/2017 8:46:00 AM

One of my favorite eyeshadows. I thought, initially that this may look too light on my skin (Natural 4 in Bobbi Brown) but actually it gives a barely there definition that is very pleasing.

Easily a one shadow look, or you can wear it as a neutral base. It is a greige, neutral color.

I think, along with Bone (2), this has earned a permanent place in my makeup drawer.

on 12/30/2016 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a nice "greige,"but looks more beige-brown than grey on my cool-toned skin. Bobbi Brown used to have a color in their collection called Woodrose, which was the perfect taupe for me, and the color was in between Cement and Heather. I now have both Cement and Heather, and I prefer Heather. Cement is a nice subtle wash or even crease shade, but it's too plain.

on 8/13/2016 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this from the Soho Chic Eye Palette (with Ivory, Rockstar, Grey Pearl, Pebble and Caviar). I have neutral-warm skin but I can normally wear cool toned foundation/eyeshadows.

I would recommend this color only for cool toned individuals. This beige is very grey. Matte.

But the reason why I gave it 2 lippies is that I'm very disappointed with the quality of BB eyeshadows. In comparison to Mac/Urban Decay/Dior/Elizabeth Arden/Clinique, it's a lot harder to blend. No fallout. Pigmentation ok but not amazing. Colours are average.

Overall, this isn't high end quality. Not recommend.

on 11/3/2015 9:50:00 AM

I heard this was a dupe for my beloved Naked2 shadow from the Naked Basics palette. I found it at a CCO and snatched it up immediately. I'm so glad I got this. I hit pan on Naked2 and really wanted to find a single the same shade because I use it on a daily basis for my 'base' crease shade. It is the perfect neutral/cool shade that provides just enough definition. Great for days that I want a little crease color or if I'm going for a more 'natural' look. Also a great color for brows when my hair is dyed lighter.

The formulation of this shadow is divine. Creamy, very little to no fall-out, blends beautifully and stays all day without creasing. I want to pick up more of these shadows!! I have my eye on Dove Grey next.

on 6/20/2015 3:34:00 PM

After reading reviews and watching tutorials on youtube i strongly decided i need that shade! Dead or alive! In my country Bobbi Brown is very expensive, like Chanel or Dior, plus there is no all shades, and no cement! So i saw a brow kit cement- birch, and i went to Strawberrynet and bought one kit! And made eye makeup with beloved Cement! It is a neutral matte shade, and i expected it will be cool toned more grey, less beige, but on me it is warm beige without any grey! Honestly, i have shades like those cement birch, so nothing special! For all who want to buy this, try first on your eye skin, not on your hand!

on 5/19/2015 12:50:00 AM

I use this shadow to fill in my brows. I have blonde hair and this shade works nicely; it is ashy, but it suits me (I can easily see how it might be too gray for a lot of people, though). It has just the right amount of pigment making it foolproof to apply.The color goes where I put it, not all over my face, for natural, defined brows that last all day. In my daily routine, my eyebrows only take me about 30 seconds which is great.

I have tried other products over the years, but I always go back to this. Pencils and gels/cremes just tend to look really harsh on my fair skin and I don't like the heavy/stiff feeling. I can get them to look nice with effort, but for going to class or work, Cement is my go-to.

As someone who usually sticks to drugstore products, $24 for a single shadow was a lot for me. That being said, I have been using the same one for over 3 years and I still have a lot left. It is one of the few high-end products that I would buy again.

This is a perfect colour for blonde eyebrows.
It is a slightly ashy beige powder. If you have light skin, it looks very natural as a crease colour, with just enough depth to subtly define the socket.
You can't really go wrong with this shadow.

on 9/10/2013 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

One of BB favorites, she uses it in almost every video

It makes me look dead, so I don't use it

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my favourite Bobbi Brown eye shadow. I use it as my base really often. It goes with so many different colours and works great as a first layer.

on 5/22/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first review I ever did on an eyeshadow. I never really wore any because I never knew how to apply it. I finally invested in some Bobbi Brown and MAC eyeshadows. Cement is my favorite. It really flatters my green eyes. I wear it with Bone all over and Cement in the crease. It does not look like much in the pan and I think it warms up when applied on my eyes. I wish i bought it sooner. I think Bobbi Brown eyeshadows look different when applied on the eyes. You really need to try them on to see what they look like and not trust the swatches or what they look like in the pan. There are several that look the same but are all different when worn. Cement, Taupe and Sable are the most flattering for green eyes that I have ever worn. I would keep repurchasing these eyeshadows.