Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow - Cement

4.1

on 1/6/2018 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have a handful of BB shadows and this is one of my favs. It is right in the middle between wheat (very light khaki) & slate (mid-toned gray plum). Cement is perfor every day wear. Most days I wear bone all over, then cement from lid to crease, Teddy eyeliner from MAC & a little mascara. DONE. Takes me 5 minutes or less. It looks very natural & beautiful.
FYI - I have light skin with yellow undertones (NC20), brown eyes & dark brown hair.

on 2/24/2017 8:46:00 AM

One of my favorite eyeshadows. I thought, initially that this may look too light on my skin (Natural 4 in Bobbi Brown) but actually it gives a barely there definition that is very pleasing.

Easily a one shadow look, or you can wear it as a neutral base. It is a greige, neutral color.

I think, along with Bone (2), this has earned a permanent place in my makeup drawer.

on 9/10/2013 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

One of BB favorites, she uses it in almost every video

It makes me look dead, so I don't use it

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my favourite Bobbi Brown eye shadow. I use it as my base really often. It goes with so many different colours and works great as a first layer.

on 1/31/2013 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A must-have essential for me. NW20, dark brown hair, dark brown eyes. Very flattering and just enough color to make things interesting for neutral eyes.

on 3/23/2011 8:10:00 PM

A good neutral matte colour for brown eyes. I normally use it in the eye crease but happily use it over the eyelid and crease. Its one of those colours that looks like chalky nothingness in the pan but is great for subtley contouring the eye. There is so much in the pot that I doubt I will have to buy again in my lifetime.

on 7/2/2010 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Cement is one of my favorite BB matte eyeshadows, and it has a permanent home in my six-well palette. It is a "greige" matte powder shadow (slightly more beige than grey) that leans to the far neutral side of cool and provides subtle contouring. It lasts all day without creasing or making my lids look parched, as some shadows with talc can do. It looks pretty on its own, but it pairs perfectly with Bobbi Brown Grey or Slate in the crease. I also like to wear it over the Cement Long-wear Cream Eyeshadow.

Cement is the ideal shade for those days when I don't want to think too hard about a look or even what clothes I choose, but I still want my face to look polished. Like me but better. Cement is one of those neutrals that goes with everything in my closet and vanity (tops, scarves, hats, blush, and lipstick colors), and it complements my fair, cool-neutral skin with blue-green-grey eyes. I think it would probably flatter most skin tones that do not lean too warm or dark -- where it might appear ashen.

It is a great way to create a weekend look that isn't too "done." On Saturdays, I often have a Bobbi Brown day where I wear Cement on the lids over a Navajo wash, poke Caviar or Black Mauve Shimmer Gel Eyeliner into my lash line, apply Grey eyeshadow to my brows, dab on a little Rose Petal on my lips, and I look as appropriate for a trip to the farmer's market as I do for lunch with a friend. HG staple. I am actually on my second pan, and that says a lot for fickle me.

on 7/28/2009 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite Bobbi Brown shadow. The color is classic ~ a soft grey taupe that is simply elegant on the lid. You can dress it up with an eggplant shade for the crease or add to a natural day look with her Grey shadow in the crease.

I love this shadow.

on 5/14/2009 2:17:00 AM

My first Bobbi Brown eyeshadow, I have it in a split pan with Mahogany. This is my go-to shadow for a quick, natural look that is better than REALLY natural. What I've found with the BB eyeshadows is that they are subtle and classy. I plan to buy this in the long wear when I use up the regular-better for me with my long shifts.

on 5/22/2005 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A bit of a blah color - mine's a gwp, cute, mini-sized shadow. Better as a brow color, than eyeshadow, so I'm mainly using it as that.