Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow - Cement

Eye Shadow - Cement

3.7

on 12/30/2016 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a nice "greige,"but looks more beige-brown than grey on my cool-toned skin. Bobbi Brown used to have a color in their collection called Woodrose, which was the perfect taupe for me, and the color was in between Cement and Heather. I now have both Cement and Heather, and I prefer Heather. Cement is a nice subtle wash or even crease shade, but it's too plain.

on 6/20/2015 3:34:00 PM

After reading reviews and watching tutorials on youtube i strongly decided i need that shade! Dead or alive! In my country Bobbi Brown is very expensive, like Chanel or Dior, plus there is no all shades, and no cement! So i saw a brow kit cement- birch, and i went to Strawberrynet and bought one kit! And made eye makeup with beloved Cement! It is a neutral matte shade, and i expected it will be cool toned more grey, less beige, but on me it is warm beige without any grey! Honestly, i have shades like those cement birch, so nothing special! For all who want to buy this, try first on your eye skin, not on your hand!

on 5/22/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first review I ever did on an eyeshadow. I never really wore any because I never knew how to apply it. I finally invested in some Bobbi Brown and MAC eyeshadows. Cement is my favorite. It really flatters my green eyes. I wear it with Bone all over and Cement in the crease. It does not look like much in the pan and I think it warms up when applied on my eyes. I wish i bought it sooner. I think Bobbi Brown eyeshadows look different when applied on the eyes. You really need to try them on to see what they look like and not trust the swatches or what they look like in the pan. There are several that look the same but are all different when worn. Cement, Taupe and Sable are the most flattering for green eyes that I have ever worn. I would keep repurchasing these eyeshadows.

on 1/31/2013 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am cool and light toned, with greyish green eyes (MAC NW15) and Cement is the perfect neutral shadow for me. It has enough pigment to show up in a subtle way, it is very finely milled and blendable, and the right shade of light taupe - a mix of beige and grey that is leaning toward cool. It makes my eyes stand out, wears all day and pairs well with many other eye shadows I own. I use it all over my lower lid and in the crease for day. For evening I usually add a deeper shade in the crease, Slate, Flint or Sable are pairiings I frequently use to add more definition. A true staple, I use it almost daily. Retails for $21 and you get a lot of product, worth every penny in my opinion and a definite repurchase once I run out.

on 2/26/2010 8:30:00 AM

Matte grey-taupe. Light to medium on the depth scale. Not chalky, goes on silky. Great for a no-brainer "no makeup" or understated office look, paired with Bone, or Navajo matte in the Basics palette. I like to line upper lids with either Mahogany (dark brown) or Smoke ("washed" black). Pigmentation is a little lacking in Cement however, it is quite sheer. I don't think this would show up at all on darker skin tones (I'm 20 Clair in Chanel and between 10 and 20 in Dior).

on 11/28/2009 12:53:00 PM

I got this in a swap 3 years ago and never used it. Or, if I did, I thought it sucked and never used it a 2nd time. Mine is in a split pan with another daker color (smoke?). I was in a hurry the other day and pulled it out of my makeup box by accident. Didnt have time to toss it back in and find another that I use all the time ... and so I put it on. LOVED IT. Great neutral, looks great on my PPP skin with blond hair and green eyes. A natural but not flat look - it gives good depth to my eyes and plays well with my Bobbi Brown blush. I can't believe I've had it this entire time and completely ignored it (well I guess I can - I do think it looks blegh in the pan). I've used it everyday since then - so excited to have found it

on 8/18/2009 12:23:00 AM

I have always really liked this color. Originally, this came in an eye & lip palette and I used it in the crease. Now I primarily wear it on my lower lid and use chocolate in the crease. It's a beautiful yaupe-y shade that is very versatile.

on 11/15/2008 1:43:00 PM

I have recently started trying more spendy products other than the nationwide brands (lancome, clinique, etc.) which never impressed me more than the drug store brands.

So, my first foray was MAC shadows. There was a definitely improvement in quality with these--highly pigmented, blend fairly well, stay on a long time with the use of a lid primer. BUT, the COLORS--ewww. On me they were never as pictured on their site or as appeared on people in various pics/videos I've seen on the web....they always turned kinda muddy and flat and me save the bold, bright ones.

So, since most of my makeup wearing is daytime at work I moved onto Bobbi Brown. I got a trio of bone, cement and espresso. WOW! Highly pigmented, blendable and these colors look marvy on me. Worth every penny. Sorry MAC, I am moving on. Its all Bobbi from now on!

The Bobbi Brown website describes this shade as a grey-beige... I find that it leans more towards the grey side of that description. It is a matte shade and is featured in the "Summer" collection for this year.
I would say this shade is a nice neutral color but I don't find this shadow to be very long lasting, even when using UDPP... and I find that I have to apply a lot to get it to show up(I'm a PPP). So with that said, it's not as pigmented as other shadows I've used... I would not purchase this shade again.

on 3/13/2006 9:20:00 PM

I picked this up at CCO as it was only $13.50! Cement is a medium smokey matte taupe. Gals who love neutrals will want to try this.