Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow - Cement

Eye Shadow - Cement

3.8

on 8/13/2016 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this from the Soho Chic Eye Palette (with Ivory, Rockstar, Grey Pearl, Pebble and Caviar). I have neutral-warm skin but I can normally wear cool toned foundation/eyeshadows.

I would recommend this color only for cool toned individuals. This beige is very grey. Matte.

But the reason why I gave it 2 lippies is that I'm very disappointed with the quality of BB eyeshadows. In comparison to Mac/Urban Decay/Dior/Elizabeth Arden/Clinique, it's a lot harder to blend. No fallout. Pigmentation ok but not amazing. Colours are average.

Overall, this isn't high end quality. Not recommend.

on 11/3/2015 9:50:00 AM

I heard this was a dupe for my beloved Naked2 shadow from the Naked Basics palette. I found it at a CCO and snatched it up immediately. I'm so glad I got this. I hit pan on Naked2 and really wanted to find a single the same shade because I use it on a daily basis for my 'base' crease shade. It is the perfect neutral/cool shade that provides just enough definition. Great for days that I want a little crease color or if I'm going for a more 'natural' look. Also a great color for brows when my hair is dyed lighter.

The formulation of this shadow is divine. Creamy, very little to no fall-out, blends beautifully and stays all day without creasing. I want to pick up more of these shadows!! I have my eye on Dove Grey next.

Cement is a medium greyish taupe brown. It is the perfect contouring color for fair skin. I especially love it because there is no red in it. So many medium browns have red and make me look like I have allergies (or have just been crying). This is a staple.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Me: Asian w yellow undertones (MAC NC30 or BB Natural Tan-I do go up a shade in foundation to add some color to my face).

Cement is right in between BB Wheat (too light) and taupe (too warm) and is the perfect MLBB look. It subtly and softly adds depth to my crease but doesn't look like I have eyeshadow on. It looks cool in the pan but shows up with more warmth. It does remind me of the color of cement.

The only con is the price-$21 (just raised price from $20) is a bit much for a product that isn't better than other HE shadows that cost less. I put "no" for repurchase because I rarely buy the same eyeshadow twice and seldom use up a shadow anyway.

on 7/25/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite Bobbi Brown eyeshadow because finally, finally after years of searching I have found the perfect color to define my brows. I loved Bobbi's matte shadows before trying this shade. I have fair skin with medium brown hair and pale greyish brown eyebrows. This eyeshadow (with that creamy, smooth, long lasting consistency her shadows have) is a light, slightly warm, greyish brown. Every other brown shadow I tried was just too warm or too dark and recently while reading a beauty blog I saw that an SA at a Nordstrom's used this shade on a blonde client's eyebrows. Perfect. I apply the product so lightly and it always lasts until I wash it off. I have to say I don't like the cheap pans Bobbi's shadows come in though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

These shadows retail for $19 and comes in a large round black pot with clear lid. Each shadow is double the size of a MAC one, .09 oz. This is a boring matte beige shade. Not very pigmented either. Wouldnt repurchase.

Top Rated Eye Shadow