Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow - Cement

Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow - Cement
Eye Shadow - Cement

4.3

on 5/19/2015 12:50:00 AM

I use this shadow to fill in my brows. I have blonde hair and this shade works nicely; it is ashy, but it suits me (I can easily see how it might be too gray for a lot of people, though). It has just the right amount of pigment making it foolproof to apply.The color goes where I put it, not all over my face, for natural, defined brows that last all day. In my daily routine, my eyebrows only take me about 30 seconds which is great.

I have tried other products over the years, but I always go back to this. Pencils and gels/cremes just tend to look really harsh on my fair skin and I don't like the heavy/stiff feeling. I can get them to look nice with effort, but for going to class or work, Cement is my go-to.

As someone who usually sticks to drugstore products, $24 for a single shadow was a lot for me. That being said, I have been using the same one for over 3 years and I still have a lot left. It is one of the few high-end products that I would buy again.

This is a perfect colour for blonde eyebrows.
It is a slightly ashy beige powder. If you have light skin, it looks very natural as a crease colour, with just enough depth to subtly define the socket.
You can't really go wrong with this shadow.

on 3/27/2012 5:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Im very fair and my brows are barely there. Iv been looking for a brow colour for ages. Got recommended cement because it's cooler toned with a bit of an ashy finish. I apply it with either the BB brow brush or the napoleon fine angled brush. I also use it as an eye liner. It's just the perfect colour for me. Sets all my features off really nicely :) tad expensive, but doesn't crumble, really pigmented and will last a long time.

on 12/14/2009 11:37:00 AM

Lovely eyeshadow, i bought this on a whim, in a trio pallette i made myself, with the other two shadows being - bone and espresso, the SA helped pick them all out, as i said i wanted a very natural set of shadows, with no shimmer or glitter (a lot of my mac shadows are shimmery, so i wanted a change)... i also bought apricot blush... LOVE! - but yes... this shadow is lovely, shows up as a taupy grey brown colour on my ivory skin... and with espresso in the crease and bone as the highlight, it provides for a very natural, sexy, classy look. Highly recommend!!!

on 10/12/2008 1:47:00 PM

I have this shade in the Basics Eye palette that is in stores right now (Oct 08). It's a pretty decent palette, but this shade is only ok. It doesn't blow me away like a lot of other BB colors. It's very light and barely noticeable on my lids by itself. If you are looking for a really natural shadow to sweep on your lids on the low-makeup days (just to even them out or neutralize redness, etc.), then you might like this quite a bit. If you prefer more pigmentation in your eye looks, Cement is useful in its own way. When I feel my eye look is too dark from other colors, this works well for sweeping all over to tone it down a bit. It makes for a nice polished look when used in this way. If you have the Shimmering Nudes palette, this is similar to a the Nude Mist shade, only more matte and maybe a bit less pigmented. I am glad I have this palette and will find uses for this shade, but probably wouldn't re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I guess after reading the reviews, this one just isn't for everybody. I, however, LOVE Cement! According to the BB website, it's a grey beige. Others describe it as a grey-taupe. Either way, it pretty closely resembles wet cement in the pan, though not quite as grey in my opinion. I ordered this untested from BB and then worried as it had such bad reviews here. Thank goodness I ordered anyway! I am wearing it right now in the crease with Bone on the lid and Mahogany ink to line. I am super PPP with cool undertones, brown eyes, and hair that is somewhere in-between dark ash blonde and light brunette. Cement works PERFECTLY on my brows! Seriously, I would buy it over and over again for that reason alone. However, it also adds a nice, natural depth to my eyes when applied in the crease. It looks nice all over the lid as well. Overall, it's an unexciting natural, neutral color in the pan...which I know some find boring, but on me it looks nice, natural, and polished--just the way I like it!

Top Rated Eye Shadow