LUSH ultimate shine shampoo bar

LUSH ultimate shine shampoo bar

3.9

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Elemi Oil (Canarium commune), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Violet Leaf Oil (Viola odorata), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Golden Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and FD&C Yellow No.5), *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 1/4/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

BRING THIS BACK LUSH BEFORE I HAVE TO CAUSE A SCENE!!!!!

WHHHYYYY WOULD THEY TAKE THIS AWAY?!$/&;!

I have tried almost every lush shampoo and just hadn't found "the one"

Y'all know "the one" it just has that little somthing special. Well this was it! My hair is wavy coarse unruly thick and just overall horrible! This made my hair look so beautiful and shiny and gave me perfect curls and now I'm freaking out about what I will do when I run out!!!! :0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is ok. I purchased it because I wanted to give a solid shampoo a try for travelling. I like the solid for this purpose and I will try another variety, but I am not sure about this one. It hasn't done anything bad, but it hasn't done anything good either. Mine seems not to have a fragrance, and it doesn't make my hair more shiny. Thank goodness I haven't noticed any glitter. I chose it because it had few ingredients, and I tend to think less is more with products since I am sensitive to many things. I have not found it drying. I wonder if people are using too much product? It is easy to overdo. I just lather in my hands a little bit and then work through hair, mostly the scalp. It is very concentrated. I imagine if you rub it over your hair, through the lengths, you're applying too much. I will use it up and then try a different one.

To Read all 96 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/7/2013 11:46:00 AM

Maybe it's just me, but this shampoo bar has no scent! I don't mind though. It lathers up very easily and cleanses thouroughly. You have to use a pretty thick conditioner, since it makes hair feel really coarse, even while you're still washing it. It dehydrated my hair, but made it really shiny. I don't even know how that's possible - maybe it's the glitter that does that, I don't know. But it does give great shine, so I guess I'll use it up, with extra moisturizing conditioner and serums, but I probably won't repurchase

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

LUSH DESCRIPTION:
"Shine on: Ultimate Shine makes your hair super glossy without the need for a conditioner.
Beautiful and effective: Our violet-infused bar cares for your scalp, keeping it clean and oil-free.
Double duty: Aromatherapists use uplifting ylang ylang to treat stress and depression but it is also effective for balancing the scalp and hair."

Ylang ylang is used to stimulate hair growth/stop hair fall out. Can't find any information about violet leaf oil for hair.
~

SMELL:
The scent reminds me of a little of root beer and a classic chewing gum in my country called Jenka, which tasted like very mild and sweet mint. Also I think about the smell of pine trees. This might sound weird but it is a very subtle and pleasant scent.

HOW TO USE:
I wet my hair and rub this on top of my head. It lathers alot (after all the first two ingredients are Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate). Hair feels really clean and soft afterwards but there is no way I would use this without a conditioner.
EFFECT:
Clean hair, nothing more, nothing less. Except this drinks up my bright red hair colour as if it's a vampire. I have now switched to LUSH Blousey which works much, much better for my hair colour.

CONCLUSION:
This is a pleasant smelling shampoo, animal and environment friendly, and cleanses thoroughly. That's where it ends. Oh and the stripping of hair colour. I now use this as a body soap because I like the scent, and have switched to LUSH Blousey shampoo instead, which works much better for my hair colour.

on 2/8/2013 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Cleans my hair well, but leaves no shine and I need a really good conditioner afterwards because I swear it sucks all the moisture out.
The bar bubbles up well, but I have to put it on a piece of baking paper so that it doesn't stick to the shelf in my shower.
I will use this until the bar runs out as it wasn't that cheap, but I will not repurchase.

on 2/4/2013 1:49:00 PM

It smells good and cleans my hair but that is pretty much it.

on 10/17/2012 2:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

My hair has not been chemically processed for 1-2 years. They are dry but not extremely damaged. This shampoo bar made my hair very dry and when i switch back to using New shampoo bar, my hair went back to normal. I have oily scalp and this seems to make my scalp feel less clean...

Will not re-purchase this

on 5/25/2012 5:14:00 PM

Hint: use a plastic retainer case---the kind you need to wear after bracing teeth for storage. They even have a drain hole... Perfect.

I tried a few of the Lush solid shampoos because I thought they would be good for air travel, & I liked them so much I gave some as stocking stuffers this year. I washed my hair a couple of days ago with this one, and conditioned with the Jungle (solid). It works better to use a nice creamy conditioner though as I found my slightly wavy hair rather fly-away on day two. Also liked the Karma Komba, Godiva, and the Reincarnate which makes my hair seem thicker -- it feels drier but I know its just the coating of henna it leaves.

on 4/24/2012 6:43:00 PM

I find this too harsh to use regularly, but it's great in occasional rotation to strip away buildup and residue. It's easy to use and lasts for ages.

I love Lush products. But this one didn't really deliver any shine. Stick to Godiva its way better!

Popular Shampoos