L'Oreal Color of Hope LE Colour Riche

Color of Hope LE Colour Riche

4.5

on 12/17/2012 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a review for Color of Hope #531. I like Colour Riche lipsticks and I had high hopes for this one based on previous reviews. But unlike previous reviewers, I don't see any plum or pink or berry in this lippie; it's kind of brownish and I'm not loving it at all. I got it for a song on Amazon so no major loss, and there's always a chance that'll it grow on me, but, for now, color me disappointed.

on 10/27/2011 8:53:00 PM

From other reviews, it seems like every year Loreal puts out different colors for Color of Hope. Unfortuntely, they don't give them names either which is pretty ridiculous since you have no way of telling which color we are talking about.
My Color of Hope that I picked up is one of the colors for 2011, has number 531 on the tube in case someone wants to identify this lipstick.
Its dark reddish plum with suble shimmer, can be applied sheerly for daytime or full color for more glamorous nightime look. It lasts fairly long time, creamy and leaves a slight stain.
I used it with lipliner from Jordana, called Cranberry(dark reddish plum color which is a bit darker than this lippie). It makes the color a bit more red and gives you glamorous plum lips with hint of bronze and red.
For reference, I'm cool PPP, with dark hair and blue eyes and find this color quite flattering. I think it would also look good on variety of other colorings.

I apologize for this review for being in the wrong catagory.This revew is for the L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick.

I have the #108 Glided Pink,it is a peachy/pink-gold tone nude. It's not a "concealer" tone,so it's not yellow. The scent is lovely and it feels great on,and the color is a light to medium tone with a slight shimmer.It almost reminds me of the orgasmn lipgloss by Nars.

If you are looking for a peachy/pink gold toned nude,this lipstick is for you!

on 2/20/2011 12:43:00 AM

Dare I say that this is a very kissable pink? It makes lips look kind of fleshy in a sweet way. 'Sexy' doesn't work that well here...how about 'affectionate' lips? 'Hopeful' lips?
It has a mix of colors both cool and warm that allow a broad range of women to look great in this color, IMHO. It is able to obscure the violet tone in my hyper-pigmented lips. I have never found this color elsewhere - I hope they never discontinue it. I was able to buy it inexpensively at ACW.

on 8/30/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Perfectly wearable and flattering color -- I also wish this color was available year-round.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

OMG i am in love with this! It is a perfect shade for anyone not to dark not to pale just the perfect natural shade for anyone with just the right amount of mauvy rose color :) traditional loreal scented of course and full coverage

on 11/16/2009 9:19:00 AM

This review is for the 2009 LE shade. It seems that every year, L'Oreal comes up with a LE collection of shades for eyes and lips, with the proceeds going towards cancer research. In past years, it's gone to help fight breast cancer; this year, it's ovarian cancer.
On to the review.
This is a very flattering shade of medium warm pink. Since the drugstore where I bought it does not have testers, I decided to give it a try based on how good it looked on the models in the pictures, Kerry Washington and Eva Longoria, although my coloring is very different from theirs (fair skin, hazel eyes, light brown highlighted with dark blonde hair). And it looks wonderful!
Based on my experience, I think this is a shade which would suit a lot of women.
By the way, I think L'Oreal makes the best drugstore lipstick out there. I usually wear Chanel, Dior and Bobbi Brown, but once in a while I get a pang of conscience (I spent HOW MUCH for that lipstick) and L'Oreal Colour Riche is my go-to brand.

on 1/1/2010 5:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A beautiful rosey mauvish sort of pink... Funny it works for me as I have red hair - but it does. I actually managed to use the entire tube up - which hardly ever happens!

This is my favorite lipstick, I love the color and that my purchase goes to a good cause, ovarian cancer research. I have purchased this every year since L'Oreal starting the Color of Hope campaign a few years ago. I wish they would make it a year round color instead of just October. It's just the perfect shade of mauve for me.

I have tried other Color of Hope products since they started expanding the line, but the original lipstick is still my favorite, and IMHO their best product from the line. Although I do like that every year they try different variations on the original theme, so I will keep trying other items, but I will continue to purchase this beautiful lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I usually don't wear lipstick, much less DS kind, but after reading about this in several magazines, and the positive reviews on here, I decided to give it a shot. I think I'm in love. I've always been more of a chapstick girl, just because I don' t like the feeling of something heavy and cakey on my lips. Also, most lipsticks tend to dry my lips out. I think I have even tried L'Oreal Color Riche in the past and did not like it. They have clearly changed their formula, and I read that it now contains Argan Oil, which is GREAT for your skin.

It feels like I'm wearing nothing except some balm, but the color looks like my lips are gorge! Definitely MLBB. Too bad it's limited edition. I may have to go buy another one. Even if this shade is no longer available, I know this newly revamped line is a new favey!