Ralph Lauren Ralph

Ralph Lauren  Ralph

3.9

on 6/20/2016 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm wearing Ralph now, and it's reeeally good in summer weather! Pretty, sheer, light, airy, fresh -- a shampoo-y type scent -- and it cuts through heat and humidity like a breath of fresh air.

An Eau de Toilette, launched in 2000, below are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Apple leaf, Mandarin, Osmanthus
Heart Notes - Boronia, Freesia, Magnolia
Base Notes - Musk, White iris

Ralph was extremely popular when it first launched, esp among teens-twenties, and I still see it sold everywhere today. It's lightly fruity-sweet (not candy sweet) -- but it's not too fruity or floral. Not citrusy, not aquatic, not beachy.

Fortunately, it has no sharpness, sourness, edge, or bite whatsoever (as so many *fresh* perfumes do) -- it's just sweetly clean and fresh!

It smells like a breeze -- like a light fresh sweet breeze, carrying the soft scent of fruit blossoms from nearby groves. Lovely and refreshingly clean. It almost smells like the lingering scent of an apple shampoo or body wash, rather than a perfume I've sprayed.

I would put Ralph in the same general category as See by Chloe or Paris by Paris Hilton (her original, in the purple striped bottle).

I've always loved Ralph Lauren Blue way more than Ralph (and still do; see separate review) -- and I'm on my 3rd bottle of Blue -- but I find Ralph to be lighter & more clean and refreshing for really hot summer days.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My HG for years , i do try other perfumes , But I always always come back to this one , people ask me what Perfume I'm wearing whenever I wear this , got many compliments on it
It's fresh and lovely , will buy forever

To Read all 508 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/5/2015 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL SCENT AND MY SIGNATURE SCENT AS WELL.

I absolutely adore this! I remember my junior high school days where I actually got the "knockoff version" of this at Walmart, it was called "AQUA Our version of Ralph" and it obviously smells EXACTLY like Ralph. I adored this scent and it takes me back to summer of 2010 and backyard camping and all-nighters with my friends. It brings so many good memories to me and I can't stop loving this. This is my ABSOLUTE signature scent and it's so me.
After a while, they stopped selling AQUA at Walmart and I was disappointed so I obviously didn't buy it for years until I was at Sephora recently and snatched this up.
This smells fresh, slightly fruity and slightly floral, without being too strong and in your face. It's light and sweet and it's not too girly for me, which I love because I'm a slight tomboy lol but I will forever repurchase this!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This scent is so nostalgic for me. It reminds me of my high school years and of reading Seventeen magazines on my bed. I recently repurchased this at Ulta since they were giving away weekender bags if you spent over fifty bucks in the fragrance section. I couldn't resist getting this in a roller ball bottle along with Prada Candy. It still smells the same to my nose. It's fresh and floral without being cloying. It seems like a safe fragrance however it's youth in a bottle. I feel transported back in time. Just lovely.

on 1/12/2015 9:19:00 AM

I used to use this perfume when I was in high school and absolutely loved it. I was browsing perfumes at a department store and saw the blue Ralph bottle. I had no interest in buying it, but decided to smell it because the scent takes me back to high school days (I love that about perfume). Well I have to say I was shocked! It smells so fresh and yet pretty. I sprayed it on and asked my sister who was with me to guess what the scent was and if she liked it. She couldn't guess what it was but said it was beautiful and was surprised when I told her it was Ralph. I think this is a perfume that lots of boys like the smell of on a girl because it's not too overpowering, smells fresh and isn't too sweet smelling. I'm going to have to buy a full bottle of this one ;)

This perfume surprises me. I remember it coming out a long time ago and never thinking much of it. I purchased it on a whim recently and wow, I am glad I did. It's a very clean, unoffensive daytime scent. Whenever I wear it people always tell me I smell good. It describes itself as "a fruity, floral fragrance with a blend of apple tree leaves, yellow freesia, mandarin, magnolia, purple freesia, baronial, musk, white orris and Japanese loquat." I love freesia and fruity floral scents, but I don't smell the flowers personally, it just smells clean. It is somewhat as close as you can get to Philosophy's Pure Grace or a Clean type fragrance without actually smelling like laundry detergent or soap. I will keep buying this for the daytime.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this at an outlet for a good price, and I didn't expect much. However, this fragrance exceeded my expectations by miles. It's slightly soapy and a little fresh with some floral. I get compliments on it all the time, DH likes it, and it's soft enough for work. I prefer heavier more oriental scents, but I will continue to purchase this because it's so wearable and well liked by others.

on 5/31/2014 4:05:00 AM

I won't buy it again. Not my taste

on 2/1/2014 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Goes on a nice green apple but gets dirty and sort of nasty fairly quick. Not sure why it would go that route, but on me, it loses it's shiny crisp shimmer to that murky, dirt note. Sad

Yes this may be a "young" scent, but it's perfect for me. I really don't like the smell of many other fragrances, and to be honest, I didn't think I would find one. Until this one came along. The only downside is that it does tend to fade after a few hours, and it is a little pricey, but other than that, I've no complaints.

Popular Fragrances