Sexy Hair Concepts Big Sexy Hair volumizing shampoo

Sexy Hair Concepts Big Sexy Hair volumizing shampoo

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think they have changed this shampoo a lot since the last time I tried this. It is sulfate free now and smells like grapefruit and citrus instead of the old mango weirdness. It lathers very easily and removes all of the styling gunk from my hair but does not strip my hair and leave it feeling like straw. I follow with condioner but it is more of a reflex instead of a must have.

It does give me some volume and does not weigh my hair down but not knock-out volume but I am more intersted in how it treats my fine color treated and slightly wavy hair which I have been air drying. I count on my styling products for volume and curl enhancement anyway. I want my shampoo to not strip my hair or make it feel like I used a clarifier on it since I wash my hair daily. Finally I got this at the annual Beauty Brands liter sale for $13.99 so price was good.

I was about to try Wen again but thought why bother when there are so many great sulfate free shampoos now.

on 3/31/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I HATE this stuff. It left my hair a dry, tangled straight up mess. I used it with the Big Sexy volumnizing shampoo and the results were hell on earth. I bought huge jugs of both of these at Ross. I had to spray No More Tangles through my hair just to be able to rake a brush through my mop. I wonder if I can return them if I dig up my receipt from the bowels of my purse? Stay away from this garbage!

To Read all 83 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/5/2014 12:31:00 PM

I have thin, almost straight hair and this shampoo definitely leaves residue on my scalp
I don't find it does much in terms of volume, but it does seem to be pretty colour safe
sometimes I find I have to use lots and lots of product to get my hair feeling clean

on 8/4/2014 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used it for a couple times now and I really don't notice a difference between using this and my regular shampoos (usually Pantene or Dove). It didn't make my hair more voluminous, and it didn't really dry out my hair out either. I'll finish using it but I probably won't get it again because there's nothing spectacular about it.

This shampoo dries my scalp and really doesn't add volume at all. I didn't like it and wouldn't buy it again

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So I was staying at a friends house for vacation and forgot my own shampoo when I found this in her shower. Now I'm African American with natural 3c curls that go down to right above my butt and my hair is VERY thick so when I saw "big"...I was like oh boy, my hair is already big enough but I tried it anyways. I think I'm in love. While for me, it didn't add any volume AT ALL. It made my hair smooth and sleek as well as very clean. After blow drying and flat ironing my hair was very straight and almost too shiny. I haven't purchased this yet but have seen it in stores and know that it's quite expensive but a little went a long way and I think whatever the price is, will definitely be worth it...Can't wait to continue using Big Sexy Hair

on 11/21/2013 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I go back to this shampoo from time to time. I really enjoy it. It's supposed to work best for FINE HAIR, which I would agree with. My hair is not very tangly naturally, it lies very flat, it's long (to my lower back) and it's naturally very straight. So basically I don't have very problematic hair. I've never dyed my hair. This gives me a little bit of volume, makes my hair feel clean but not squeaky clean. After I wash my hair I follow up with 10 Minute Miracle and a bit of argan oil on the ends.

on 11/12/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I grabbed a liter bottle of this and the matching conditioner at TJ Maxx for $15 each. I have "fine hair" since I'm a natural blonde, but I have A LOT of hair on my head and it's wavy in texture. At least that's what my hairdresser says.

That being said, I generally like the "large, voluminous" hair look. This is the only hair product line where I NOTICE volume after the fact. The only thing I've changed in my hair routine is switching shampoo/conditioner, and my hair is so big, it snapped ponytail holders. It's large and in charge. Blowdried or airdried.

The bottles are so large it will last me FOREVER. It's also sulfate and paraben free, so that's great for your hair. It leaves no residue and makes my hair feel silky soft as well. Even at full price, I'll buy this again. But I would snag this during the Ulta liter sale-one a year is probably fine for most girls.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I did not see an improvement in the volume of my hair.It smelt awful of chemical nail glue.
It did lather amazingly for a shampoo with no sulphates but I will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

What i like about this shampoo:
-smells great
-available in travel sizes
-bottle lasts a long time
-can use with color treated hair

What i dislike about this shampoo
-does not condition hair
-hair does not feel moisturized or silky after use
-contains sulfate