New York Color Eyeliner Duet

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

So I finally got around to trying nude eyeliner. I know, I know, once again I'm behind the times. I don't even have Twitter or Instagram accounts, so this shouldn't really surprise anyone.

In fact, I'm tired of bronzing and illuminating, and I've only just gotten around to doing that a few weeks ago. So maybe I'm just lazy. Or old. Or both.

But who cares. Moving on.

I like the fact that nude eyeliner makes my almond shaped eyes look brighter and bigger, especially paired with eyeliner on the lower lid that's a softer shade, like brown. But black goes great with it too, it really just comes down to preference.

The nude/black duo is called Unforgettable, which is a name that way overstates the product, as it's dry and doesn't glide on easily. Nor does the black have good color saturation, but it could be worse.

I'll use this while I look for a higher quality product, but it's definitely not a repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore N.Y.C.'s Eyeliner Duets! I especially �� #887 Reunited. It's a rich chocolate brown on one end & black on the other. My other favorite shade is #886 Through the Storm which has a shimmery purple end plus a black end. I have tried the ones w/green & blue liners as well. I love purples & blacks most on my green & coppery eyes. I find the #s 886 & 887 to sharpen well & give strong color. They glide on nicely. I have had other liners that got wasted when sharpened but applied well so these are best of both worlds! Plus, the price is so good (about $2 @ WalMart) I can buy back-ups. I don't like how I only see these @ WalMart but that's not a huge deal. I find these work really well on eye shadow w/primer to lock the shadow in place.

To Read all 104 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/11/2014 5:03:00 PM

I had this in 884 (A Place in the Sun) which was a very nice colors, but smeared terribly. I wanted a bronze/gold eyeliner and was happy when I found this. I tried wearing this multiple different days, but I am tired of the mess. So, I just threw it away. I found a fabulous bronze eyeliner in Physicians Formula trio for Warm Nudes. It absolutely stays put!

on 10/30/2013 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was picked out for me by theater makeup friend after he declared he was going to do my make up for fun one day....

I am a very frugal person and I was out of black liner, so he grabbed the Rich Girl one because two eyeliners for pretty much the price of one.. Bonus!

That was 2 years ago. Since then I use the black side almost every day... It goes on pretty smooth and stays on my water line. All day. If I'm at work, bar, or gym, it'll need a little touch up sometimes, but most will still be there. (Secretly, I haven't used the gold side much..So I couldn't really tell ya of that works as well.)

I don't know what it is about this particular liner. I've tried the regular black NYC liner... And it's just not the same.. It doesn't go on as even and doesn't stay on as long. Love this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For as long as I can remember, this has been my staple eyeliner for the past 8 years. No amount of HE, ME or other LE makeup of mine can compare to the special place this eyeliner has in my heart. My favorite has always been Islands in the Stream, which is paired with a gorgeous, metallic green color. I will say that the green does smudge a bit over time but the black is long-lasting. I sometimes use the green as an eyeshadow and it's super smooth to glide on!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because it was on clearance for 51 cents after I had run out of my trusty L'Oreal infallible. Because I'm an odd duck, I only use pencil liners for my water line, I'm a little paranoid about using anything else.
Welp, at least it was cheap.
It smudges like crazy, pigmentation is poor, and I had to drag it to get any color...which hurts. It's also worth noting that while the pencil seems gigantic, there's just about nothing in there. I cut it in half cause there's no pratical way to store this giant mess, and found that there's hardly any lead in there. Sneaky, sneaky, NYC. Way to create an abysmally oversized product that is neither pratical nor full.
But, when all was said and done, I finally did find a purpose for this little misfit.
I was cast in my school's spring play as a woman who is...shall we say...misguided. That's the most polite phrasing I can think of, and my director recommended my look be something like the smudged black liner eyes a la Taylor Momsen. This pencil was perfect for creating the messy, smudged, overdone liner look. If nothing else, I'm grateful that I looked the part.

on 12/24/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just used the black side and it works really well. It doesn't smudge, good coloring, and the good thing is unlike the other brand I've used black is black it doesn't go through as quickly-it lasts longer. The silver part came out awhile ago, but oh well the black part is really good.

on 12/22/2011 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Ok, so when I bought this, I didnt have much expectations (it was Rich Girl), but when I put it on, I was really amazed! What I do is I put the light brown color on the inner half of my lower water line, and the black on the out waterline. It makes me look really fresh faced, and I cant walk out of the house without it! The one con I have about this is that the black smudges alot, so I have to use a different black liner (i like the Black Brightening Eye Color from E.L.F., now that makes me look brighteyed!)

on 12/8/2011 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

No color payoff, the liners are really hard, and they dont sharpen well. I also always have a problem with the caps falling off. I finally got the hint and stopped wasting my money.

For the price, this eyeliner is pretty good. However, I have a monolid, and I found this disappeared from my top lid after a few hours. My "crease", I guess you can call it, is right by my lash line, which makes me a monolid, so all the eyeliner (I only use the black side) travels to the small "crease" and it looks pretty bad, but it doesn't matter to me since I use this for stage makeup. I bought the black/brown duet. The black is creamy to put on, and the brown side is "eh". If you have a monolid, I wouldn't recommend this.