Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free

Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free
Red Box

4.1

Active Ingredient: Purpose: Salicylic acid 2.0% (w/w) Acne Medication Inactive Ingredients: Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

on 3/7/2017 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These help to keep my face clear, when I use these i have less pimples and blocked pores. However at first I overdid it and I'm pretty sure they caused more breakouts. I would use these every day in the morning but this was stripping my face way too much. I now just swipe one over my face every couple of days after a shower at night, leave on for about 20mins, then I wash my face with water and follow up with a moisturiser, I find this works best for me.

on 3/4/2017 1:01:00 AM

LOVE THIS. As a canadian, I have to order this from iHerb but its very much worth it. I use to have hardened whiteheads on the sides of my nose all the time, but this just exterminated all of them. I use it once in every 2-3 days after shower. It's also good for back acne!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Staple in my skincare routine. Doesn't sting or burn my super sensitive skin. Tones down my redness and evens out my texture. I use these after washing my face with a rinse off cleanser and they leave my super oily skin comfortably matte. Prevents white heads from building up throughout the day and night. Did I mention it's only $3 and some change?

on 1/12/2017 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used these for a long time, they helped maintain my oily skin a little bit because they are drying (a bit too drying, it'd make my face itch sometimes) and they kept my acne under control. However, my face started to break out very bad, so I switched to Cliniques 3-Step System instead. I stopped using them and my large blemishes cleared up. Then, one day I got a large blemish and decided to try a stridex pad to make it go down...but, the next day I had broken out again. Then, looking back, I don't think they ever helped my skin, I think they cleared up one spot and created another. These may work for people with less sensitive skin that can take a lot of benzoyl peroxide/salicylic acid, but I don't think mine could. I won't use them ever again, because they seemed to be the cause of the problem I thought they were solving. I'd give them a try though if you don't have sensitive skin, it may be worth it.

on 1/11/2017 7:13:00 AM

I purchased this from iHerb after reading a review online, and thinking it was worth a go as they seemed to be good value. I am so glad that I did, it has changed the texture of my skin in just 5 weeks of almost daily use and I've just reordered. Acne outbreaks have reduced, not gone, but they seem to come to a head quickly and settle quickly without as much post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Personally I do find them VERY drying, even without alcohol in the formula, but I follow with a good quality moisturiser quickly afterwards so its not the end of the world.

Well packaged, don't dry out, not scratchy or uncomfortable and well-saturated with the formula.

Fab product

I like using this when I have a breakout. It helps to keep my pores clear and skin exfoliated. Because it doesn't have alcohol it doesn't dry out my skin. You can't beat the price!

I love these! I have super sensitive skin and they don't irritate me at all. I only use them a couple times a week though, alternating them with lactic acid and retinol. But my skin is always super smooth the morning after I use them. Also they are hella cheap.

on 10/26/2016 7:57:00 PM

I started using these a couple of years ago, after reading an article about salicylic acid. They were a bit harsh- feeling but cheap and cheerful, and initially I raved about them to any hapless boob who'd stay still to listen, but I found the benefits were short-lived and repeated use (only 2-3 times a week) was making my skin dry and giving me little breakouts and rashes on my very driest bits. I'm now using the Bravura London salicylic acid which is ace, a similar price and much nicer to use. These are potentially worth a shot but if your skin's remotely sensitive, I wouldn't recommend them. If you do use them, cut the pads in half, there's easily enough to half a pad to swipe your face and d├ęcolletage. The packaging is fugly but does an excellent job of keeping the pads moist, I've just binned the few I had left and they were good as new despite being a couple of years old.

on 10/26/2016 2:30:00 PM

I have gone through SO MANY boxes. I use the maximum strength. Full disclosure: my skin is oily, resilient, acne-prone, and needs constant chemical exfoliation - so the Stridex pads are actually too easy on my facial skin. When I first started using them, they helped keep my skin clear, but now I pull out the big guns for my face. I use these all over my body, especially my neck, chest, back and bikini zone/inner thigh area to keep my skin soft and clear (and in the case of the bikini zone, ingrown free...). They also work well on the mild KP on the back of my thighs (do the skin issues ever end?). Will forever keep them around, especially since I would rip through so many more expensive products very quickly if I didn't have these handy cheap-o pads. Tip: each and every box I have purchased has a coupon for 55 cents off your next purchase on one of the flaps. Sidenote, wow, keyboards don't have cents symbols anymore??!!

on 10/25/2016 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I stumbled upon this product while browsing Reddit skincare forum where everybody (well, almost everybody) is raving about it however, I think my skin is too sensitive for this product. My skin have tiny tiny break out all over my face and the skin of my eyes. They were not acne or cystic acne, only small bumps, probably from an allergic dermatitis. I tried to use it less often, but as soon as I used it again, it came back.

I'm trying to use it on the thick skin of my arms to treat keratosis pilaris, I'll update if I have any results.

Popular Face Skincare Products