Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free

Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free
Red Box

4.1

Active Ingredient: Purpose: Salicylic acid 2.0% (w/w) Acne Medication Inactive Ingredients: Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

I used to use this on my face, but it is way too drying. I hate that this contains menthol, it’s completely useless and just causes dryness and irritation. I would love to be able to use this on my face, but I still repurchase this regularly for other things.

I like how convenient the pads are, and there is a ton of liquid in the container so the pads are totally saturated and there is lots of extra liquid in the bottom after the pads run out. I use Stridex for body acne, it has been amazing for clearing breakouts on my back that I just couldn’t get rid of before.

I also read about someone using Stridex on their underarms to reduce discoloration. I was extremely skeptical that it would work, but since Stridex is so cheap I figured it was worth a try. After I used it under my arms for a few weeks, there was a significant, noticeable lightening of the dark patches that I used to have.

For less than $5 just buy this stuff and put it all over your body and see what happens.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's been 2 weeks and my skin looks great and glowy. I can't believe I dodged these since 10. I used these at night 2-3 times a week along with thayers witch hazel, and cerave foaming facial cleanser. I can not believe how small my pores are how glowy my skin looks and how my cystic acne has went down so much. Also drinking water . Btw I have oily/ combination sensitive acne prone skin. Please if you suffer from embarrassing break outs especially cystic acne try these just for two weeks and you will see a difference. I am so estatic I start using ph balanced skin care.

on 1/19/2019 12:28:00 AM

Gosh I'm having a teenager retro moment! Bc I remember using this garbage for my oily acne prone skin when I was young & these salicyclic acid cleansing pads were horrible Bc of the high amount of alcohol in them along with the irritating fragrance & menthol! It burned my skin & made my face red !

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

These pads have fast become a staple because as someone who has super finicky, sensitive, picky skin prone to period acne and blackheads on nose, this does a magnificent job of managing that. Fast too. Did I mention it cost $4.00 on Walmart for a HUGE (SUPER SIZE ME SIZE TUB), that lasts anywhere from 2-5 months depending on usage? Oh and it is fabulous for ingrown thigh hairs. Ridiculously so. It also obliterates active whiteheads from whatever the reason (on me it's usually makeup with acnegenic ingredients). It feels like a nice, fresh ritual at the end of the day. Like drinking a nice, cool tea in the Summer. It has a pH that renders it effective, at 3-3.5. If you decide to try this please put it on first and give it at least 5 minutes before proceeding with your routine. Let it sit for 20 if you have your period or want to treat further. If you use it in the morning apply it after your antioxidants. A surprising staple for me. Just don't believe the rumor that it is irritating (it's competitor is though!). I was moved to try this because there's quite a few retailers offering salicylic acid pads online at 4-5x the price, not including shipping and for half the pads per package. You'd be a simpleton to go that route once you find these.

on 10/17/2018 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Update Dec 2018: I tried this all over my face for a 2 nights. It dried out my skin visibly (white scaly patches). I'm going to use the rest of this for my back post gym, where the skin is less sensitive. My face is not especially senstive, but I think the menthol in this stuff might be what makes it so drying. I have used 2% BHA from other lines, daily and routinely, in the past with waaay less drying. I would rate this 1 or 2 stars but I'm giving this an extra star for the low price and because it's a convenient post gym cleanser/treatment for my body.
_________
Initial Review:
I haven't tried these since my teens. It's great that Stridex has removed the alcohol since then, but they kept the menthol (generally considered a non-no, since it's a known skin irritant. Also I HATE breathing in the Listerine-like smell). According to their website, they put methol in all 3 of their BHA pads: this product, the Essential formula (1% BHA), and even the Sensitive Skin formula (.5% BHA).

Anyway, the 2% BHA and low price point ($5 for 90 pads) initially attracted me to this, as well as the thin, watery formula.

Once applied all over, my cheeks and forehead feel tight and dry, as if there is a slight film on it, but it's not a thick film like other bha's I've tried . I may just use this as a spot treatment for problem areas.

Previously I had been using The Ordinary BHA 2% and before that, the (now overpriced) Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid. Both of these were gentle enough, but have some ingredients in them (for viscosity, I suppose) that seemed to counter the pore-clearing powers of the active BHA somewhat.

(The only other BHA product I've ever tried that was both gentle, non clogging, and super effective was Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control Gel, which has been discontinued for years).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Staple in my arsenal. This is my secret weapon for acne because unfortunately being in your 30s and breaking out is still a thing. This stuff works, EXTREMELY well might I add. I use it once a day at night (or every other evening depending on how close to my period I am).Treats breakouts quickly, and helps keep my skin smooth and new acne from forming. It only cost me a few bucks, and every package I've ever purchased had a coupon on it. I just wish they would ditch the menthol. It serves no purpose but to give a tingly "maximum" effect.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

A part of my everyday routine to keep my pores clean. I like to use it along with 10% benzoyl peroxide if I have a couple of blemishes.

on 5/25/2018 8:49:00 AM

I’ve rebought these 6-7x over now.

This stuff destroyed my big painful breakouts in days. I wipe my skin down after cleansing and wait 20 min to moisturize. It does cause the acne to get flakey and if I don’t moisturize quickly I get really dry in the forehead area and look ancient. But for the price and power of this stuff I’ll rebuy for a good acne buster.

Tip- add cotton discs to container and let them soak up product as well. I managed to get an extra 150 pads made just from the excess juice in the pads.

I had tried SA products previously with no luck so worked them out of my regimen. Lately I’ve had insanely clogged pores and bad breakouts. My usual Pan Oxyl, clindamycin gel and Differin are doing nothing. I bought these on a whim and have used two pads a day as a toner after washing. On day one my nose peeled. Not painful at all rubbed off the skin pretty easily. On day two clogs were coming out super easily. This has done more for me than any other acids products including glycolic and lactic. I guess you just need the right SA product for you. Before this I was using Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner which has SA and with hazel but it did nothing. I wish I had bought these pads earlier. In fact I’m going to buy some for my 12 year old son. I also use these to get rid of the tiny bumps on my upper arms. I hope they continue to work for me !

on 3/22/2018 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had these for a while before actually committing to using them regularly. I had gotten distracted by other *fancier* bha products. Admittedly, I wish I had used these sooner because they're what helped my clogged pores the most.

I started slowly, using them about 2-3x/week, then worked my way up to 6x/week, giving myself a one day break. I always use them at nighttime and follow up with my moisturizer. The texture on my forehead has greatly reduced and I also break out a lot less. Now I only use them 2x/week to help prevent breakouts.

They're affordable, and as far as bha products go, what has worked the best for me.

Popular Face Skincare Products