Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free

Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free
Red Box

4.1

Active Ingredient: Purpose: Salicylic acid 2.0% (w/w) Acne Medication Inactive Ingredients: Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I actually bought these on MUA's reviews when I was in search of an affordable, effective salicylic acid. I have dehydrated combination skin with flakes at times, oily t-zone, big nose pores, and a tendency towards hormonal cystic acne.

My skin has been looking really good! It's just clearer and more luminous, it definitely looks exfoliated. I also get less flaking around my nose when I remember to use this.

I cut the pads in half and squeeze out the extra moisture. I rub this on after cleansing before bed, let dry, then apply moisturizer for the night. Easy peasy.

I found that using these twice/day was overkill for me and resulted in more redness (which I DO NOT need), so I am back to once a day and quite pleased. They can feel a bit tingly, but my skin is quite thick and can handle it.

These are also incredibly effective at gently removing my teenage DD's closed comedones on her forehead and reducing her nose blackheads without any fuss. Just swiping on after cleansing.

These last forever and there is a lot of liquid included for adding more pads at the end.

Hard to find here in Canada, so I ordered on iHerb. Soooo cheap!

So happy to find these on only my second salicylic acid product try!

on 4/1/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

(UPDATE 4/29/17): These pads are effective but it's a bit of a slash and burn approach to blackhead eradication. I slowly built up to the 5 minute target but it was uncomfortable and annoying. I would find myself checking the timer on my phone thinking....surely, it'll be over soon. I don't know....I just don't think skincare products should be so harrowing. So I'm setting these pads aside for now.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Let me add my voice to the chorus of praise for these inexpensive pads!

But I'll add that it wasn't until I saw JoshCollierMUA's youtube video (he's plagueofhamsters here on MUA) in which he recommends rinsing off after 5 minutes....that I finally realized I could probably use these that way too....as a peel. Pretty genius, right?

It is early days yet but so far, so good. I have spent the best of all last year searching for the best BHA for my skin (very clog/SD prone). Wouldn't it be ironic if "the one" turns out to be something as simple as these pads? Less than $4 for the huge honking tub from WalMart, easily available almost anywhere including grocery stores? I can't even think of how much I've spent over the past year in my BHA search....oh well, it took almost a year to find my HG vitamin C serum too. I guess I like to exhaust all the options. ;)

I will update at a later date. But thanks Josh! Excellent idea!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm on my 3rd tub of these. It completely SAVEd my skin! It doesn't dry me out either & gives me a healthy glow! I made a detailed review video on these. HOLY GRAIL!

on 3/26/2017 11:56:00 AM

I'm 47 yo, don't have acne, and never have, so I can't speak on how well this clears/helps prevent it...I purchased these after reading that they contain 2% salicylic acid and NO alcohol! They contain the perfect pH, and are an amazing chemical exfoliant. I have been using them every night for the last 30 days after cleansing, I let the solution sink in for about 25 minutes, then apply moisturizer/serum as normal, can I just say WOW, my skin looks amazing. These will NOT do anything for exfoliation if you rinse it off after 5 minutes as I see a few people suggesting, salicylic acid needs more time than that to penetrate the top layer of skin and do anything for your face, it's pointless to rinse off after 5 minutes...These make my skin texture look amazing, my oil breakthrough under foundation has improved, and fine lines look decreased. Did I mention that Walmart has a box of 110 pads for under $5?!!...I'm having amazing results using them for chemical exfoliation, and the fact that they don't contain alcohol, is the biggest pro!

on 3/7/2017 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These help to keep my face clear, when I use these i have less pimples and blocked pores. However at first I overdid it and I'm pretty sure they caused more breakouts. I would use these every day in the morning but this was stripping my face way too much. I now just swipe one over my face every couple of days after a shower at night, leave on for about 20mins, then I wash my face with water and follow up with a moisturiser, I find this works best for me.

on 3/4/2017 1:01:00 AM

LOVE THIS. As a canadian, I have to order this from iHerb but its very much worth it. I use to have hardened whiteheads on the sides of my nose all the time, but this just exterminated all of them. I use it once in every 2-3 days after shower. It's also good for back acne!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Staple in my skincare routine. Doesn't sting or burn my super sensitive skin. Tones down my redness and evens out my texture. I use these after washing my face with a rinse off cleanser and they leave my super oily skin comfortably matte. Prevents white heads from building up throughout the day and night. Did I mention it's only $3 and some change?

on 1/12/2017 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used these for a long time, they helped maintain my oily skin a little bit because they are drying (a bit too drying, it'd make my face itch sometimes) and they kept my acne under control. However, my face started to break out very bad, so I switched to Cliniques 3-Step System instead. I stopped using them and my large blemishes cleared up. Then, one day I got a large blemish and decided to try a stridex pad to make it go down...but, the next day I had broken out again. Then, looking back, I don't think they ever helped my skin, I think they cleared up one spot and created another. These may work for people with less sensitive skin that can take a lot of benzoyl peroxide/salicylic acid, but I don't think mine could. I won't use them ever again, because they seemed to be the cause of the problem I thought they were solving. I'd give them a try though if you don't have sensitive skin, it may be worth it.

on 1/11/2017 7:13:00 AM

I purchased this from iHerb after reading a review online, and thinking it was worth a go as they seemed to be good value. I am so glad that I did, it has changed the texture of my skin in just 5 weeks of almost daily use and I've just reordered. Acne outbreaks have reduced, not gone, but they seem to come to a head quickly and settle quickly without as much post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Personally I do find them VERY drying, even without alcohol in the formula, but I follow with a good quality moisturiser quickly afterwards so its not the end of the world.

Well packaged, don't dry out, not scratchy or uncomfortable and well-saturated with the formula.

Fab product

I like using this when I have a breakout. It helps to keep my pores clear and skin exfoliated. Because it doesn't have alcohol it doesn't dry out my skin. You can't beat the price!

Popular Face Skincare Products