Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free

Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free

4.1

Active Ingredient: Purpose: Salicylic acid 2.0% (w/w) Acne Medication Inactive Ingredients: Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

on 6/12/2016 8:49:00 AM

I have used countless boxes of these. I have even started my middle school son on these to prevent too many zit / skin issues. I recently used up a bottle of Paula Choice BHA 2% thing to see if it was any better than these (which also have 2% BHA/Salycitic Acid). I will say the Paula's Choice left my skin feeling more moisturized and I imagine would feel less irritating to those with more sensitive skin than my sensitive skin. I think it has less alcohol than Stridex. I could drag the PC one over my eye lids no issues, wouldn't do that with the Stridex. The Paula's Choice also required me to use my own makeup rounds on top of the $30 I paid for the bottle that lasted about as long as a box of Stridex would (but the Stridex is like $7). But now that I have used both, I am most likely just going back to Stridex. It is just as effective, I noticed nothing different (on my skin) when using the Paula's Choice than when I used the Stridex. If you are in the market for a quick swipe of a BHA product...start with Stridex. The red is the normal level. Blue is the strongest (I don't use that one). The green box is the sensitive skin one.

on 6/11/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is definitely a HG product for me at this stage in my life. My skin can no longer tolerate the extreme drying effects of alcohol laden astringents and toners, but still really needs the pore cleaning capabilities of salicylic acid.

I use these twice a day, and they keep most of my acne at bay without burning or stinging my skin at all. I am not sure how to describe the sensation on my skin after applying this, but it feels like my skin is "breathing", and makes my skin feel very cool. Love this stuff!

To Read all 221 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/2/2016 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have used Stridex in the past but didn't remember why I stopped using it so when I ran out of my Clearasil pads, I stopped by a CVS when I was already out and didn't feel like traveling further to Target which is where I using go for most of my Beauty and hair care needs. Unfortunately they were out of Clearasil and only had Stridex so I took a chance and thought because they both contain 2% salicylic acid that they would likely do the same thing, wrong! I have combination skin and have occasional breakouts that are not anything major and the Cleasasil pads keep them "at bay" I only use them when needed not every day. I purchased the Stridex pads exactly one week ago and was not experiencing a breakout at the time of purchase but a few days later, pimples started popping up all over my face, some whiteheads and some rather large red inflamed ones. I stopped using it today and I will apply a natural clay mask by Freeman every night until it subsides but "rest assured" I will not be using Stridex pads again nor would I recommend them to anyone. Why on Earth would I want to buy an acne control product that causes breakouts?

This review is for the Sensitive Skin formulation in the green box, with the 0.5% salicylic acid formulation. I have very sensitive skin prone to mild acne and this has been a HG product for me for over 5 years. It has just enough salicylic acid to keep acne at bay, but not so much that it dries out skin. Also it really is non irritating because of the alcohol free formulation. The standard 2% formula in the red box is good, but it is too drying and irritating to use every day. The sensitive skin pads however are such an easy, gentle way to keep your skin clean and prevent acne without causing irritation. Unfortunately this is not an acne medication that will cure severe acne by itself, although it would help along with other stronger medicines. This is really more like a unique toner in a pad that is gentle enough to be used daily to prevent mild acne without causing the flaking skin and redness typically associated with almost all acne treatments, even prescription.

I noticed my skin needs a declogger so I tried this and my skin has been clear every since using this in combination of Up & Up's Acne Face wash. Life saver!

PROS: alcohol free
keeps my skin clear
doesn't dry out my skin terribly
cheap

CONS:
has menthol so it could bother some

on 1/14/2016 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been using these on and off to be honest. But while a lot of things have changed in my skin care routine this is the only exfoliant that has been consistently in it. Ever since I started using it my friends have commented on how clear my skin looks on separate occasions. So this has kept my pimples at bay, and faded my scars a bit. But it hasn't gotten rid of the flakiness in my face. I can specially tell when I'm wearing powder foundation. So while I'll keep this as a staple while I find something that works even better.

on 10/24/2015 8:39:00 AM

Irratated my skin

on 10/18/2015 1:31:00 PM

i have struggled with acne, particularly that tiny "under-the-skin" looking acne, for many years and have never been able to find anything that improved my skin. after hearing about stridex, i read so many success stories and rave reviews that i was expecting some kind of miracle product that would clear my skin up for good. i purged for a few weeks while using stridex once a day, and then my face seemed to settle down a bit. it was no miracle recovery like i'd read about, but my skin DID look better. using stridex has had virtually no effect on the stubborn under-the-skin acne that i thought would be helped by BHA, but it has definitely helped me manage surface breakouts. my breakouts don't look as bad, and they heal faster. after a couple months i started using stridex in conjunction with an AHA, and that has helped as well, but there is still little improvement underneath my skin.

this product is pretty cheap, and the little swipes are so saturated with product that you could double how long it lasts by cutting each swipe in half--half a swipe is plenty for your whole face. it makes my skin feel super dry after applying but i try to let it sit for at least 20 minutes before moisturizing. at like $3.50 a box, i'd say it's definitely worth it to try this stuff if you have problem skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This has been working good for my 13yr old son. He has a ton of blackheads, no actual pimples. Large and very deep blackheads. Regular acne cleasers with salicylic acid were not helping at all and his normally dry skin was starting to get a little shiny.
I bought him these pads paired with Clean & Clear blackhead eraser scrub. Together they have really helped clear his clogged pores. His whole nose was covered some on his cheeks and forehead too.
Now, a month later, there are about 3 left on his nose and the ones on his cheeks and forehead have really cleared up a lot.

I have been using these everyday for years and years. I use the original kind, not the one for sensitive skin. I found the sensitive skin one to not be as effective in ridding oil. I have moderately oily skin, sometimes overly oily. The face pads got rid of the oil, and prevented my skin from getting oily throughout the day. They did not make me break out. I do still get the occasional pimple, but this drys them out, and makes them go away quicker. They even dried up a severe rash, when no other product or rash cream would work. They don't really dry out my skin. But they are meant to dry your skin out a little so it can erase oil. So if you have oily skin it will help. It worked well at cleansing my skin of dirt and debris. The smell is not overwhelming. But if you get it too close to your mouth it will give you a bad taste. The price is very affordable for the amount of pads you get. I use them everyday, and they last me a few months.

Popular Face Skincare Products