Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free

Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free
Red Box

4.1

Active Ingredient: Purpose: Salicylic acid 2.0% (w/w) Acne Medication Inactive Ingredients: Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

on 5/25/2018 8:49:00 AM

I’ve rebought these 6-7x over now.

This stuff destroyed my big painful breakouts in days. I wipe my skin down after cleansing and wait 20 min to moisturize. It does cause the acne to get flakey and if I don’t moisturize quickly I get really dry in the forehead area and look ancient. But for the price and power of this stuff I’ll rebuy for a good acne buster.

Tip- add cotton discs to container and let them soak up product as well. I managed to get an extra 150 pads made just from the excess juice in the pads.

I had tried SA products previously with no luck so worked them out of my regimen. Lately I’ve had insanely clogged pores and bad breakouts. My usual Pan Oxyl, clindamycin gel and Differin are doing nothing. I bought these on a whim and have used two pads a day as a toner after washing. On day one my nose peeled. Not painful at all rubbed off the skin pretty easily. On day two clogs were coming out super easily. This has done more for me than any other acids products including glycolic and lactic. I guess you just need the right SA product for you. Before this I was using Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner which has SA and with hazel but it did nothing. I wish I had bought these pads earlier. In fact I’m going to buy some for my 12 year old son. I hope they continue to work for me !

on 3/22/2018 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had these for a while before actually committing to using them regularly. I had gotten distracted by other *fancier* bha products. Admittedly, I wish I had used these sooner because they're what helped my clogged pores the most.

I started slowly, using them about 2-3x/week, then worked my way up to 6x/week, giving myself a one day break. I always use them at nighttime and follow up with my moisturizer. The texture on my forehead has greatly reduced and I also break out a lot less. Now I only use them 2x/week to help prevent breakouts.

They're affordable, and as far as bha products go, what has worked the best for me.

on 3/6/2018 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like these as a toner!! My skin in normal to oily, normal cheeks & oily t-zone. Unfortunately, my t-zone also has a lot of blackheads as well. Not really pimples, just blackheads & oil. Not a pretty combo.
Anyway, I use this morning & evening after cleansing. They do a great job of mopping up excess oil & tightening pores. My only complaint is they are a little drying, but I just apply oil free moisturizer afterwards & I'm fine. I do get some flaking every few days, but I just use my clarisonic dry & it takes care of it 👍 I will continue to use, especially with summer fast approaching, as these really help keep my oil in check

These pads rule! I’ve used them before in the past I have Oxy & Noxzema pads rn I prefer the Noxzema all 3 contain 2% salicylic acid the only thing that really breaks up the oil. I switched to Clinique v1.0 (formerly mild clarifying lotion) to get on my salicylic which works good for me. But when I have a painful blemish (not often) I hit it w hydrogen peroxide & i hold one of these power pads (lol) on my pimple & it takes max 2 days to heal normally 24 hoods I know salicylic acid is a good thing to have I’m regimen (ty SCB!!) this is a cheap delivery system easily available at any grocery DS store <$5 for 90 pads it’s debatable whether to use both sides; I do but I am an oil slick. And I hate waste. These are a skincare gem! Don’t discount them off as fodder for pimply painfully awkward adolescents these is a fine hi-quality product for a steal. Forget benzoyl peroxide u need this!! #winning #forgetproactiv #sayNOtoBP !!!

on 2/7/2018 10:43:00 AM

Right after I wash my face, this is my first step in my skincare routine. I just swipe one of the pads around my whole face and neck. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how much I love these - it seems like many people think they're a godsend but I don't know, it's not like they made my skin WORSE or anything but I don't feel like they've helped at all either.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have a love/hate relationship with salicylic acid. It works wonders in terms of clearing out my skin of clogs and and keeping me free from spots, but products that contain it generally dry my skin out so much that I tend to "forget" to use them. These pads are no exception, though the only thing I really dislike is the methol fragrance that I think might be unnecessary.

Having said that, I do keep these on hand and use them in rotation with Glycolic acid and Lactic acid treatments, especially for my chest and shoulder acne. I just have to make sure and compensate with a boost of hydration in follow up products.
They do work: I notice that when I stop using these I get an increase in clogs and blackheads.
They are very convenient and are not too scratchy on the skin.
The price is also very competitive. I will repurchase, although my quest for a non drying salicylic acid treatment continues.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This things are not sexy...but boy, do they work!! I use this day and night to keep the acne on my cheeks and forehead at bay. It's not the greatest packaging for travel, but it does a good job of keeping the pads moist when open for long periods of time. I was hesitant to try because it seems like it would be harsh on the skin and targeted towards teenagers. But it is the most effective product I've found for fighting acne in the 15+ years that I've had it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I lived a relatively self satisfied, smug, ignorant, blemish-free life until my early 30s when I started popping out kids. Then the hormone zit gods demanded their due. It was horrible. I had at least 1-3 good sized, deep seated, painful cysts. Constantly. Repeatedly. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on potions and doctors and creams and prescriptions for acne. None (except Retin -A) worked half so well as this $5 drug store staple that I had snottily dismissed as the purview of spotty teenagers. This stuff has changed my skin. I use it around my T zone, chin, jawline, temple once per day after cleansing with a pH balanced cleanser. Then I wait 15min until I proceed with the next step of my skin regimen. My skin is pretty much clear. I owe a fair amount to a ton of trial and error in skin regimen and paying attention to what I’m putting on my skin, BUT, this cheap, underappreciated, easily obtainable, non alcohol containing, appropriate pH leveled GEM deserves no small part of the credit. I love you, Stridex Red Box.... And... I’m so sorry for how I acted....

on 12/8/2017 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use these on my feet before my foot cream. Pretty fantastic booster for exfoliation. The combo works faster than foot cream alone. I’ve used them on my face, but prefer Nip Fab’s Extreme Pads for that application.

Popular Face Skincare Products