Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free

Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free
Red Box

4.1

Active Ingredient: Purpose: Salicylic acid 2.0% (w/w) Acne Medication Inactive Ingredients: Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

I lived a relatively self satisfied, smug, ignorant, blemish-free life until my early 30s when I started popping out kids. Then the hormone zit gods demanded their due. It was horrible. I had at least 1-3 good sized, deep seated, painful cysts. Constantly. Repeatedly. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on potions and doctors and creams and prescriptions for acne. None (except Retin -A) worked half so well as this $5 drug store staple that I had snottily dismissed as the purview of spotty teenagers. This stuff has changed my skin. I use it around my T zone, chin, jawline, temple once per day after cleansing with a pH balanced cleanser. Then I wait 15min until I proceed with the next step of my skin regimen. My skin is pretty much clear. I owe a fair amount to a ton of trial and error in skin regimen and paying attention to what I’m putting on my skin, BUT, this cheap, underappreciated, easily obtainable, non alcohol containing, appropriate pH leveled GEM deserves no small part of the credit. I love you, Stridex Red Box.... And... I’m so sorry for how I acted....

on 12/8/2017 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use these on my feet before my foot cream. Pretty fantastic booster for exfoliation. The combo works faster than foot cream alone. I’ve used them on my face, but prefer Nip Fab’s Extreme Pads for that application.

on 10/27/2017 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is one of the actives that saved my skin. In my thirties I still have to combat blackheads, closed comedones and enlarged pores while also fighting aging. This is so effective. After asking my face I use a Stridex pad once every other day. I thoroughly wipe down my face and then let it alone for about twenty minutes. After twenty minutes I follow up with a AHA product-I love The Ordinary's Lactic Acid 10%. All in all I have far, far fewer clogged or enlarged pores following this routine.

YES!! Cheap, effective!! I never bought any stridex products because I have been VERY lucky genetically and never had acne besides a pimple or two in puberty.

BUT I get blackheads on my back - EW - and I'm getting too old to contort myself into extracting them with the tool.

Two days of cleaning my skin with these pads am/pm, following washing with a back brush and st. ives cleanser, the two black heads literally fell out.

I feel so lucky it worked so quickly!

Now to maintain everytime I condition my hair - which I think is what causes them.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet. I'm in my mid-twenties and I have been using this product (off & on) since I was 9 years old. I've been through maybe 50 of these, if not more. This product was recommended to me by my dermatologist, I went to a dermatologist at a young age (9) because I was already getting acne. I had oily skin, enlarged pores, and many blackheads. This used in conjunction with retin-a refined my pores, and helped the texture of my skin.

I did purge for 6 months. I got many red pimples, and this seemed irritating. Sticking with this pays off! After 6 months I was 90% acne-free, but man the purging was tough and took a long time.

Salicylic acid is so important for oily skin because it is the ONLY ingredient that cleans oil in the pore. When you first use this, your face may become red, but eventually your skin will acclimate. My derm suggested I use only 1 side of the pad, using both sides is excessive and unnecessary. Do not use more than once a day.

My derm's instructions: Use at night, after cleansing face. Wait 20 minutes, then apply retin-a. AM: Use moisturizer with spf

This can be drying, so using a moisturizer is important, you can use one at night after 20 minutes after applying this (it takes 20 minutes for the acid to do its work) In the winter this contributes to dry skin so I don't use it every night, but a few times a week. I do NOT use this with any other acids. Sometimes I use a glycolic acid toner, but will not use that the same day I use stridex.

I've used these wipes for years now. I use these every night after washing my face and prior to moisturizing. I also occasionally use them in the morning after washing my face if I'm broken out. I really love these and the fact they are alcohol free.

on 4/1/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

(UPDATE 4/29/17): These pads are effective but it's a bit of a slash and burn approach to blackhead eradication. I slowly built up to the 5 minute target but it was uncomfortable and annoying. I would find myself checking the timer on my phone thinking....surely, it'll be over soon. I don't know....I just don't think skincare products should be so harrowing. So I'm setting these pads aside for now.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Let me add my voice to the chorus of praise for these inexpensive pads!

But I'll add that it wasn't until I saw JoshCollierMUA's youtube video (he's plagueofhamsters here on MUA) in which he recommends rinsing off after 5 minutes....that I finally realized I could probably use these that way too....as a peel. Pretty genius, right?

It is early days yet but so far, so good. I have spent the best of all last year searching for the best BHA for my skin (very clog/SD prone). Wouldn't it be ironic if "the one" turns out to be something as simple as these pads? Less than $4 for the huge honking tub from WalMart, easily available almost anywhere including grocery stores? I can't even think of how much I've spent over the past year in my BHA search....oh well, it took almost a year to find my HG vitamin C serum too. I guess I like to exhaust all the options. ;)

I will update at a later date. But thanks Josh! Excellent idea!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm on my 3rd tub of these. It completely SAVEd my skin! It doesn't dry me out either & gives me a healthy glow! I made a detailed review video on these. HOLY GRAIL!

on 3/7/2017 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These help to keep my face clear, when I use these i have less pimples and blocked pores. However at first I overdid it and I'm pretty sure they caused more breakouts. I would use these every day in the morning but this was stripping my face way too much. I now just swipe one over my face every couple of days after a shower at night, leave on for about 20mins, then I wash my face with water and follow up with a moisturiser, I find this works best for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I actually bought these on MUA's reviews when I was in search of an affordable, effective salicylic acid. I have dehydrated combination skin with flakes at times, oily t-zone, big nose pores, and a tendency towards hormonal cystic acne.

My skin has been looking really good! It's just clearer and more luminous, it definitely looks exfoliated. I also get less flaking around my nose when I remember to use this.

I cut the pads in half and squeeze out the extra moisture. I rub this on after cleansing before bed, let dry, then apply moisturizer for the night. Easy peasy.

I found that using these twice/day was overkill for me and resulted in more redness (which I DO NOT need), so I am back to once a day and quite pleased. They can feel a bit tingly, but my skin is quite thick and can handle it.

These are also incredibly effective at gently removing my teenage DD's closed comedones on her forehead and reducing her nose blackheads without any fuss. Just swiping on after cleansing.

These last forever and there is a lot of liquid included for adding more pads at the end.

Hard to find here in Canada, so I ordered on iHerb. Soooo cheap!

So happy to find these on only my second salicylic acid product try!

Popular Face Skincare Products