Garnier Soft Complete Cleansing Milk

No Image

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua/Water, Isopropyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Glycerin, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Phytate, Arginine, Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl, Acrylate Crosspolymer, Salicylic Acid, Linalool, Citronellol, Parfum/Fragrance.

on 10/29/2011 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I hope I'm reviewing the right products here: garnier soft essentials cleanser, toner and day cream are what I'll be reviewing, they all come in pink packaging.

Not good!! I got these while unemployed for 1.50 each in tesco to treat myself to something, and figured I could use something to take my makeup off at night as opposed to sleeping in it or microwaving ev olive oil which always results in having to clean the bathroom. Well... my skin was perfect even when I slept in my makeup (I know, I know... that's bad). My skin is pretty resilient, barely anything makes it break out, but this did! I ended up with loads of bumps all along my cheekbones and temples. To think I bought this because it's designed for sensitive skin. I thankfully now have a job, some different products (soap & glory), and no longer have a red, bumpy, itchy face. A much better look!
I know it's cheap, but 4.50 when you're unemployed is still a wad of money... I would have had a better result by spending that money on cookies!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product was not good on my not-so-oily-t-zone-anymore and dry cheeks. Swedish winter can really be harsh on my cheeks, so, since I was out of my Clinique soap bar mild, I thought I'd try a budget variation... (Not that much budget though, only 7-8 $ less) BIG MISSTAKE!
My skin doesn't feel cleansed at all, but has this filmy, oily residue on it, leaving it to shine - not glow - like it hasn't since I was a teen-ager.
Soft skin? Yes, but with butter-features... you know, butter is soft too. :-)
To sum up, I went to the department store today and got myself a new Clinique Soap bar Mild. MUCH better.

Smells nice, cute packaging, but so much for being "sensitive" it irritated my skin, broke me out & made it red :[
I NEVER get break outs, & have never had spots before in my entire life, after using twice I stopped & my skin went back to normal.
I normally use a new careline for a month to give it a fair trial, however I felt like it was doing more bad then good.
However I tried using again a while later & the exact same thing happened.

on 8/6/2007 11:43:00 AM

Hate to buck the trend but I hated this - perhaps the formula is different in the UK. No complaints about the price and packaging and I assume it left my face clean. What I hated was the smell (not rosy, just strong, fake "white flower" type smell) and the strange silicon-y feeling it left on my hands and face after I used it (rather like using depilatory cream). After about three uses, I gave it to Oxfam and bought good old Simple cleansing lotion.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this cleanser after I tried to get my original cleanser, Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean but they were sold out in 3 of the Boots stores I tried :( I thought I'd try this as it is formulated for dry skin and I prefer the feel of a cleansing milk as opposed to a lotion. I smelt the cleanser in the store and thought it was a lovely, understated rose smell, but once I tried it at home on my face it was a different story. Maybe because the cleanser's on your skin and closer to your nose it smells different, but what I thought was an understated rose scent turned into an overpowering scent that nearly knocked me out. The smell was just too strong! Now getting back to the basics, it didn't break me out (hurray!) and it definitely made my skin softer and more glowing after using it, but because of the smell I'm put off using it. If it weren't for the smell this would be a HG product for me because it left my skin looking amazing and it's cheap to boot, but the smell is the deal breaker for me. Even though the Soap and Glory cleanser I use doesn't give me the same results in terms of softness and radiance - I would still buy it over this because I much prefer the smell.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with some reviewers on this product. It does leave a film on your skin after use. It leaves an oily sheen on mine and so i need to use the toner to get it off. I found that if i used the "Soft" range to cleanse, tone and moisturize, it makes my skin too oily and I'd have a breakout the next day. It would be good for dry skin, but if your skin is normal or not very dry, then try another gentle cleanser and couple it with a lighter moisturizer.

on 3/2/2008 11:13:00 PM

I won't deny that this product left my skin noticibly softer, and had a pleasant light scent. However, my face never really feels like it's "clean" when i use it. While it leaves your skin feeling soft, it also feels as if you have a film left over. Doesn't really meet my want for the clean FRESH feeling . It's a good product for removing most makeup (even putting a little on a cotton ball and taking it off) But if you want that fresh early morning shower CLEAN feel, This isn't the product. in my opinion.. :)

on 6/12/2005 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very "moderate" cleanser. Not very good quality for it's price, but I can tell that it's going to last a while.

It cleans like anyother cleanser but has a lotion like feel... I prefer foaming cleansers but that's just my opinion.

EDIT//Oh but I love-love the scent and I do want to buy it again. continued >>

on 10/10/2013 9:24:00 PM

I have combination skin and I was a bit skeptical as it is for dry skin,
but I wanted the rose one over the boring plain option so I went for it.
So glad I did as It has not broke me out *touch wood*
I use it as a cleanser in the morning followed by my toner.
The result = Bright soft skin :)
It sinks in rather quickly and makes your skin really REALLY soft.
The only thing I am not keen on is the lack of ease with the bottle. Other than that it is a good product for me.
I can't say it won't break out other people with combo skin
this is just my experience.with the product but I guess you can only Give it a go
at only £2.50 a bottle :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this product everday to remove my make up. It has a lovely creamy texture and feels nice and cool on my skin. It also has a rosey fragrance that i love. I have been using this cleanser for a long time and it has never caused my shin to break out. It is also an inexpensive product. It takes off all my make up really easily even my mascara and leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft. I will definitaly keep buying this product in the future.