Garnier Soft Complete Cleansing Milk

Price: $

on 10/29/2011 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I hope I'm reviewing the right products here: garnier soft essentials cleanser, toner and day cream are what I'll be reviewing, they all come in pink packaging.

Not good!! I got these while unemployed for 1.50 each in tesco to treat myself to something, and figured I could use something to take my makeup off at night as opposed to sleeping in it or microwaving ev olive oil which always results in having to clean the bathroom. Well... my skin was perfect even when I slept in my makeup (I know, I know... that's bad). My skin is pretty resilient, barely anything makes it break out, but this did! I ended up with loads of bumps all along my cheekbones and temples. To think I bought this because it's designed for sensitive skin. I thankfully now have a job, some different products (soap & glory), and no longer have a red, bumpy, itchy face. A much better look!
I know it's cheap, but 4.50 when you're unemployed is still a wad of money... I would have had a better result by spending that money on cookies!

I really like this cleanser. It works well on my combination sensitive skin to remove all of my makeup, including doing a good job at removing my mascara without stinging my eyes. I follow with an eye makeup remover to completely get all mascara off, but the cleanser works well to start dissolving mascara etc first. I apply this with my fingers and massage over my face then I polish it off my skin with a muslin cloth rinsed in warm water. This leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh but not tight or dry and with no residue (I sometimes feel a little residue when just using cotton pads and no water). Really cheap too and doesn't make my skin red, lovely rose scent - I think the rose extract may even help with redness. Anyway, my fave cleanser at the moment!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product was not good on my not-so-oily-t-zone-anymore and dry cheeks. Swedish winter can really be harsh on my cheeks, so, since I was out of my Clinique soap bar mild, I thought I'd try a budget variation... (Not that much budget though, only 7-8 $ less) BIG MISSTAKE!
My skin doesn't feel cleansed at all, but has this filmy, oily residue on it, leaving it to shine - not glow - like it hasn't since I was a teen-ager.
Soft skin? Yes, but with butter-features... you know, butter is soft too. :-)
To sum up, I went to the department store today and got myself a new Clinique Soap bar Mild. MUCH better.

on 11/17/2007 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I cannot believe that it has taken me so long to try this product - I used to see it on the shelf and think "no, it's not expensive enough - it will be rubbish". I had been using Darphin Intral cleanser - thought it was ok but it still irritated my skin a little. Anyway, got this garnier pink cleanser one day on a whim and I have loved loved loved it. It is the best cleanser I have ever used. It is quite highly scented which I thought would flare my rosace - but it has done nothing but calm my skin down. I have been using it for around 6 months now and plan to never change (please Garnier don't discontinue it!). It is a better cleanser than the Intral and Ultracalming cleanser by Dermalogica. The Garnier one costs around 3 pounds in the UK but I would be willing to pay 30 for it as it is fantastic.

on 8/6/2007 11:43:00 AM

Hate to buck the trend but I hated this - perhaps the formula is different in the UK. No complaints about the price and packaging and I assume it left my face clean. What I hated was the smell (not rosy, just strong, fake "white flower" type smell) and the strange silicon-y feeling it left on my hands and face after I used it (rather like using depilatory cream). After about three uses, I gave it to Oxfam and bought good old Simple cleansing lotion.

I love the scent of this cleanser. It is just as gentle as Cetaphil but actally removes makeup unlike Cetaphil. Very gentle.