Maybelline New York New York Full 'N Soft Mascara

Maybelline New York New York Full 'N Soft Mascara

Water, Beeswax/Cera Alba, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Wax/Carnauba, Paraffin, Nylon 12, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Stearic Acid, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, PVP, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Panthenol, Dimethiconol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Isoceteth 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Simethicone, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylparaben, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

What can I say? There’s a reason why Full ‘n’ Soft is so popular. I’ve been using it for around a decade, and no other mascara even comes close. In a world where clumpy mascaras are the norm, this one is the rarity. It never gives my eyelashes that all too common stuck-together look, which personally I can’t stand. While it obviously can’t compete with falsies, it will make it look like you have naturally bomb eyelashes. Another thing I love about it is that true to its name, your eyelashes feel very soft afterward, almost like you didn’t use any mascara at all. It also wears well throughout the day, with none of that annoying flaking that I’ve experienced with other mascaras.

on 9/26/2018 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My HG mascara (Tarte LCL) is almost empty and has recently stopped giving me the results it used to. I'm not sure what's up with my lashes, but it seems like every time I find a mascara I love, it only works for me for about 18 months and then it just stops randomly. Anyway, I was in the market for a new mascara, and I remembered using this one way back in middle or high school, but I couldn't remember why I stopped buying it. I assumed it was just because I started trying new things and never repurchased it, but I wasn't sure, so I grabbed a tube.

Meh. I put this on the other day, only on one eye, so I could compare it to my bare lashes. I pointed at my face and told my husband "This is apparently why I stopped buying this stuff," to which he replied, "What stuff?" because he couldn't tell a difference between my blond and brown, sparse, bare lashes and the lashes with 2 coats of F&S mascara on them.

It takes 4 coats of this stuff for me to be even remotely ok with the results, and even then I'm not actually happy. It's just barely "ok." This really reminds me of the Neutrogena lash tint they came out with back when I was in high school.

I would recommend this to three groups of people: people who have amazing natural lashes (naturally curled, pretty full, kind of long) but want them to be a bit darker, people who are new to makeup and want something pretty natural to experiment with, and people who really love the "no-makeup makeup" look.

This stuff is extremely natural looking, and not in a good way. It doesn't even make my blond/light brown lashes stand out much from my face. It's also pretty wet and a little messy. I end up with it on my eyelid and under my lower lashes.

The only really good things I can say about it are that it lives up to the "soft" part of its name (no crunchy lashes), it washes off easily (I didn't get the waterproof version), and it's actually really great for my bottom lashes...when it doesn't smudge all over the skin under them.

My top lashes are pretty straight, not very long, a bit sparse, and most of them actually point down. I didn't expect this stuff to be a miracle worker, but I expected more. I expected a little volume (with fewer than 4 coats) at least. I hate curling my lashes because it's usually pointless, but I tried. I warmed my curler, curled my lashes carefully in three places, and applied this stuff. I watched the curl drop within 30 seconds.

But my bottom lashes are actually not horrible. They're about as long as my top lashes, mostly blond, and a little sparse. I have a hard time finding a mascara that looks good on them. But this stuff actually does, so I'll probably hang onto it just for that purpose.

Pros:
-Washes off easily
-I don't think it's irritated my eyes
-Looks great on my bottom lashes (after I clean up the smudges)
-Probably great for people with amazing natural lashes
-For a wet formula, it feels light
-No crunchy lash feeling

Cons:
-Removes curl from lashes
-Pretty wet formula
-Smudges like crazy
-4 coats to see results
-I would definitely not pay $6-7 for another tube because it does basically nothing
-Black formula somehow doesn't seem to really darken my lashes without at least 2-3 coats
-Not good for people who don't have great lashes naturally and want their lashes to be noticeable

I won't be buying it again most likely, but I'm not going to throw away the tube I have because it does work on my lower lashes, at least.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I have never had great eyelashes. But now I use Lumigan, out of necessity. My lashes are now longer and have more curl. I have been experimenting with different mascaras. I never thought I would like this mascara, but I do. It has a natural, full fluffy look. Not bad. No drama but pretty! Will keep on trying it.

on 4/21/2018 10:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Just an okay mascara. This gave me good volume that was clump free and natural looking but didn't give me any of the length I get from some other similarly priced mascaras such as CG's Clumpcrusher. Didn't smudge or smear. Brush is nice. If you already have long lashes and just want a little volume and definition this is a good choice for you. Would not repurchase for my short lashes.

on 2/27/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't enjoy the look this mascara gave me. I bought it as a dupe for Urban Decay's Perversion. I've been using Perversion since it came out and this is no dupe! It is a very natural look and wasn't full at all. I put on two coats and still wasn't happy. It doesn't give me much volume at the roots which is what I look for in mascaras. It also didn't give me much length. My lashes were spindly and looked sparse. It also transferred under my eye and didn't last through the day. I guess this is just a miss for me since it seems to work for a lot of people.

on 2/24/2018 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally, a mascara that leaves lashes feeling soft, not crunchy or stiff! “Full ‘n’ Soft” is a true reflection of this mascara and therefore the perfect moniker for this. Add to that the fact that this does not smudge or flake and you have yourself a winner. I only wish this was a tubing formula, then it would be the mascara of my dreams. I don’t often get compliments on my lashes (I have deep set hooded eyes) however, when I use this mascara my lashes reach my brows and I get compliments every time I wear it.

Update 5/12/18 - Had to downgrade the rating on this mascara from 4 lippies to 3 as it started to flake on me after about a month of use. And... the second tube I tried of this started flaking from the first use. Ugh, why????? I loved this mascara and even went through the trouble of ordering from Ulta and shipping to Canada to get it. Well, no more. I can find much better formulas close to home that don’t flake on me. But I’m still on the hunt for the perfect mascara - preferably tubing variety.

on 2/1/2018 11:02:00 PM

Years and years of using this fabulous product. I don't know how Maybelline got it right with this product, yet Great Lash continues to get the accolades. As I believe that all product reviews must be considered subjectively, Great Lash sucked for me and Full 'N Soft is a fabulous product. There is nothing unique about the brush, packaging, colors - literally no schtick. Yet this boring packaging with nothing spectacular about product makes me nervous it might be discontinued one day. Seriously the best mascara I have ever used. Don't know why. Hope you have the same success. BTW, it cost me $30 to ship this product to Turkey bcs. I loved it so much. For a $4 mascara. Thank goodness I'm back in the US and can pay just the additional premium at the grocery store (so husband doesn't know I'm buying makeup)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE: It turned out bad (irritation) and got an odd smell in less than a month after I start using it. That shouldn't have happened. I’m taking out one lipstick buying the new one with hopes that it won’t happen again.
Unfortunately, the new tube started irritating my eyes in less than a week. What a shame! Now I have to look for the exact same performance mascara that won't be irritating for my eyes.

ORIGINAL:
A perfect mascara for me.

The things I look in mascara:
- gives a volume and a length without clumping (I can't stand clumpy mascaras);
- curls my lashes (truly speaking almost every mascara does it for me, I don't need to use lash curlers);
- no fallouts (I hate fallouts);
- lasts all day yet easy to remove.

This mascara does it all. At first, I didn't like a big wand and a cheap packaging, but the performance of this mascara is way better than anything I ever had that hasn't been discontinued. Five stars product!

If your mascara desires are same as mine give it a try, you won't regret!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Definitely a good drugstore buy. adds volume to lashes but not in a clumpy way. does smear easily so give it time to properly dry.

on 1/2/2018 8:20:00 PM

For a cheap mascara, it's OK. It doesn't flake, it separates and the colour is fine. However it added zero volume for me - just gave me darker, slightly spindly and spiky lashes. The major problem though was that it actually undid my curl. I curl my lashes just before applying mascara. With this product, my lashes go back to straight immediately - all day they stick right out in front, making it look from the front like I have almost no lashes. This is rare for me - most mascaras hold my curl.

Won't be rebuying.