Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara

Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara

Water, Beeswax/Cera Alba, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Wax/Carnauba, Paraffin, Nylon 12, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Stearic Acid, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, PVP, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Panthenol, Dimethiconol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Isoceteth 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Simethicone, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylparaben, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

I've bought this mascara twice, and also tried the waterproof version. I just don't see the hype in this. For reference, I have straight, asian lashes, and a mascara that works wonders on my eyes is Maybelline's Lash Sensational. I found this mascara to be really lacking in both volume in length, it really just all around didn't do anything for me. Another gripe I had was with the brush, it doesn't separate at all, and is too big and clunky to use on the bottom lashes. I would've preferred a thinner brush with longer bristles.

on 11/4/2016 9:50:00 AM

I love the volume this mascara gives my lashes. also, i do feel like it conditions my lashes. only thing is that it does rub off easily. But for the cheap price, I can deal with it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I know this mascara gets a lot of love here on MUA but I just don't get it. While others don't get why I like Great Lash BIG, I don't get this one. The formula is very thin and I get very little definition from this formula. It's glossy and doesn't do much to define, lengthen or volumize my lashes. It's a very boring soft look. Sort of like when your mascara is almost empty and you're trying to use it anyway, and scrape the bottom of the tube against the brush and try to do your makeup - you get very little definition. That is what using this is like. It doesn't clump and doesn't flake but where is it? I don't get the point of this product at all. Meh. Do not recommend. I guess if you have to layer it with something else, doesn't that mean it sucks?
    Pass.

Amazing product. Best thickening for fullness, hands down. It makes your lashes 'fluffy'. I use it alone for daytime and layer iconic Maybeline Great Lash (the classic) over for a more drama and length. People always ask me if my lashes are real! I will always buy this product.

on 9/17/2016 5:31:00 AM

I love this . Makes my lashes look lush with volume and it thickens the lash well without looking unnatural . It looks like real lashes just much better . Love it

Looking for a better than sex dupe and I really liked this mascara and it's a fraction of the price!

on 8/31/2016 12:33:00 AM

This was my first mascara and I've repurchased twice ever since then. I've tried other stuff, I promise! But I really like this one!!!

I have rather medium-length lashes so what I really look for is thickening. I noticed that this really doesn't thicken so it won't really help people who want that. But the mascara makes my lashes beautifully separated, whispy, and lengthens. It looks very natural overall. I love that!

While I have noticed a tiny bit to no fallout, I think you are only at risk if you have a couple layers on. That's what I have noticed at least.

Want big bolder lashes? This won't help you. But it naturally enhances the eyes quite nicely

on 8/26/2016 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this ages ago and I remember liking it. One thing I super love about this and it's silly, is that the brush is SO great I keep it after I am done with the mascara and clean it to use as a spoolie to brush out my lashes and brows. I actually have been using a few other favorite silicone brush mascaras and I'm really missing out on a spoolie brush mascara. Maybe I'm crazy, but I usually use one of each and I find that gives the best results. I really do think the brushes are what make mascara (in large part) and since I love this brush so much I think I'm going to restock on this.

Update: I got the mascara again and the brush is actually smaller than the one I have. So I'm not sure if they changed that or I just misremembered where I got it. The mascara is OK too but basically I agree with the reviewer above me.

Update 2: OK I think this is burning my eyes. I used I a few times and the same thing happened every time. I must have gotten more sensitive because I don't remember that from a few years ago. It also seemed a little flakey once it dried. Not smudgy, but a bit clumpier on the lash than I remember and mine was new. I'm returning it. So crazy, I didn't expect that....

on 8/25/2016 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

For me, this is over-hyped. Not too devastated as the price is great. I like the classy packaging. It doesn't clump. The problem with this is it doesn't give enough volume or fan my eyelashes. It does look natural and they are soft, but without volume the length feels spidery to me.
    The bigger problem and what had caused me to finally 'nope' this is it smudges and flakes more than any mascara I've tried recently. Smudges above my eyes onto my brow bone and flakes below them. Much better mascaras out there.

on 8/7/2016 4:59:00 AM

I'm surprised this isn't working for me, based on the good reviews it gets. I like a natural looking mascara that gives just a bit of length and if I'm really lucky holds a curl. If it's not clumpy and not a hard to remove waterproof one that's even better. My HG Urban Decay mascara has been discontinued so I thought I'd give this a try.

It kind of holds a curl providing there's no humidity to challenge it, and if applied carefully doesn't clump but it does flake by mid afternoon with very light wear. It's not as if I went to the gym or anything that you'd expect to cause mascara to flake off all under my eyes.

I'm glad I paid about $10 ish for it because any more than that and I'd be kicking myself. I'll use it up but won't be repurchasing.

Popular Mascaras