Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara

Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara

Water, Beeswax/Cera Alba, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Wax/Carnauba, Paraffin, Nylon 12, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Stearic Acid, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, PVP, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Panthenol, Dimethiconol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Isoceteth 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Simethicone, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylparaben, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

Has been my go-to mascara for more years than I can count. The mascara is true to its name and it really does give lots of length and volume while keeping the lashes natural looking and not overly crispy. As long as you are careful with application, it will keep the lashes separated and they won't get clumpy at all. It lasts all day and doesn't smear or flake. My only gripe is that mascara tends to collect on the tip of the wand...I wish it had a better stopper so that wouldn't happen. But all in all a wonderful mascara!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is THE PERFECT MASCARA if you want your lashes to look like your own, but a little fuller and longer.

It doesn't look like you're wearing any mascara when you put this on, nor does it ever clump, no matter how many layers you put on.

I'm convinced that this is a necessary product that should be a staple in every woman's stash, because there are just some days when you want to look natural and fresh, and there aren't any other mascaras on the market that can do the job as well (at least none that I've ever heard of).

It's consistently great quality and chances are good that Maybelline will keep making this for a long time, since it's such a cult favorite.

On a side note, I've come to the conclusion that I will never find that flawless HG mascara that will be so great I will never want another mascara. I'm done searching for the perfect mascara because it probably doesn't exist. I refused to accept this for a long time, but now I do. Oh well, life is so much more fun when you have variety anyway.

To Read all 3448 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/26/2016 9:31:00 AM

I was obsessed with this mascara for quite a while. It makes my lashes look extremely dark yet very natural. No flaking whatsoever. I'm probably on my 5th tube. My only issue is when its hot out it does smudge a little after a few hours. Not nearly as bad as other brands I've tried but its still a bit annoying. I recently received a sample of Dior Iconic Curl Mascara and although it takes a bit of patience to get it on perfect, it doesn't smudge whatsoever. I may switch to the Dior for summer and go back to the Maybelline for the cooler months.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok the Pro I can find is that this mascara looks very natural without getting clumpy or slaky and does make the lashes soft and much less stiff. The issue is smudging!! It smudges and doesn't stay at all! f you tend to have dark eyes and your trying to hunt down a product that doesn't create a mess beneath your eyes then skip trying this product. Doesn't hold well

on 6/9/2016 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am approaching age 35 and have been wearing mascara since junior high. Back when I was young, I could throw anything on my lashes and they looked great. I didn't understand why so many mascaras existed! Ah, youth. I miss it. Now that I am an old graying mare with sparse lashes, I realize why so many mascaras exist. It's because a lot of them suck. This mascara, thankfully, does not suck. It is, in fact, the best one I have found. It looks especially good when layered over a base like the Diorshow Maximizer (the white one). It makes my lashes look like what the name implies - full and soft. And you can't beat the price. I keep trying to find a "better" mascara, and I keep coming back to this one.

on 5/25/2016 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After many years and uncountable mascara brand experiments, I just keep coming back to this product. Put a gun to my head and force me to choose just one to keep, and this is the one from my collection I would pick.

The things I most appreciate are...
1. It really is a soft, no-lash-breakage formula. Many mascaras result in broken stubby lashes - a beauty disaster - but this really does not.
2. It's medium to good coverage, to it's easy to avoid ugly globs yet it still provides plenty of added width and length.
3. It's totally non-irritating to my eyes. Other formulae, even within the Maybelline range, cause itchy irritation.
4. It scores 4/5 on non-transfer below the eye. It never flakes, and only transfers a little bit occasionally.
5. It's somewhat water-resistant (not water-proof) in my experience, yet easy enough to remove when needed.

Seriously, it's a winner. I'm surprised it's averaging only 4.0 overall on MUA, because I've never found a formula that does a better job of offering the best of all worlds.

I did once accidentally buy a dried out tube on eBay that was rubbish, of course. Fresh product is great, and generally stays fresh and usable for many months.

on 4/21/2016 7:25:00 PM

First thing's first: Maybelline has - hands down - the best mascaras in drugstores. Sadly, this is not one of them. I wanted to fall in love with this, but I genuinely do not understand the hype for this mascara. I get that it's meant to be natural (not dramatic), and indeed it does a decent job of staying soft while separating the lashes. It's easy to remove. I really love the "feathery" look and this mascara does a great job with that, but only for the first 5 minutes. After that, it's all downhill. My main gripe is that it cannot hold a curl at all (it barely holds it upon application, let alone maintaining it all day), and it eventually flakes off - nearly disappearing completely by the end of the day. I know I'm in the minority, but I'd love to see them update this one a bit so that it's still soft but can hold a curl all day.

on 4/19/2016 2:53:00 PM

I've bought this so many times throughout the years. It's still around, and that's saying something given mascara turnaround these days. Actually...I think I can remember when I first started using it...it was either during or right after the run of Buffy the Vampire Slayer because Sarah Michelle Gellar was hocking it and I was obsessed with her!

So yeah, over 15 years.

ANYWAY. It's one of those lovely, perfect, unexciting mascaras. I can always, always, always get my ideal lashes with Full 'n Soft: black as night, long, thick, plush, soft&touchable, and with that pretty fanned out shape. It doesn't flake, smudge, run...it's not waterproof (though that version is offered) but aside from rain or watching Titanic (hey, I'm '90s flashbacking here), you're good. Easy to remove, SUPER easy to apply, no muss/fuss (go to town with it - it can go from natural to dramatic) and it's CHEAP. The tube doesn't dry out too quickly and always starts off with perfect texture.

Excellent product. I will try many more in this life, but I will continue to buy Full 'n Soft :)

on 3/29/2016 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have probably bought this mascara more than any other in my life. At least 20+ times. Both the regular and waterproof versions. I have tried MANY other high and low end mascaras and keep coming back to this one, because IT BEST.

The best thing about this mascara, and why it's not like others -- it seems to stay "fresh" for a long time. It applies well time after time after time, which allows you to create that "full and soft" look -- it doesn't go cakey or clumpy and its wand gives more volume than say, Clinique naturally glossy (which also applies in a similarly smooth subtle manner).

WAND - fluffy spool type, that rarely gets overloaded with product. Does an amazing job separating the lashes.
FORMULA - just the right consistency, not too thick, once it starts to make clumps I know it's time to pitch it (~3 months) ... it never clumps on the wand before that point. Applies smoothly, multiple coats no problem. No fragrance. No flaking, no raccoon eyes. I think the key is to just make sure you wipe any excess off the brush first - either on the edge of the tube, or with a single pass through a paper towel (nothing that will leave tissue fuzz behind).

The waterproof formula will stay on for days if you let it, you really need to use a proper makeup remover. Highly recommend for weddings and funerals A1+++

The overall look is natural, fuller, prettier lashes which is what I'm after for an all-purpose time. For more volume and obvious "mascara!" look, I go for another in my kit like Diorshow. But I have also just layered on a zillion coats of this if I'm without that.

This mascara used to be available in multiple colours (ie. a couple shades of black and a black/brown) but I haven't seen anything other than standard black for probably ?5-10 years. It can be hard to find, usually the bottom row of the Maybelline display, and sometimes you have to try different places (ie. CVS vs Walmart vs. Target vs. Shoppers Drug Mart vs Rexall in Canada) but IT IS WORTH IT and I always stock up when I see it for that reason.

If Maybelline discontinues it, we will have to storm head office, because this is one of the top rated mascaras on here! 75% of 3500 MUAers can't be wrong.

on 3/11/2016 5:57:00 PM

I SERIOUSLY LOVE THIS MASCARA!! I've been through 4 tubes of this in the waterproof formula and there's only good things that I could say about it.

First and foremost, I am Asian so you already know my eyelashes are straight and not the longest, and it's pretty hard to hold a curl. Maybelline's Full n Soft does everything for my eyelashes. I've tried various other kinds of mascara before (Benefit's "They're real", Diorshow, Lancome Definicils, Shiseido's Majolica Majorca) and they all tended to be the high-end kind. I took a chance on a drugstore product and this was the first one I've tried and I can say with confidence that it's my favorite one and the one that gets me the best results.

Pros:
- Adds a lot of volume
- Adds decent length (if you want it longer, add more coats)
- Doesn't clump and make my lashes stick together (I've done 5 coats before and it was still good)
- HOLDS MY CURL ALLLL DAYYYYY
- Waterproof version does not budge or make me look anything like a raccoon at all

Cons:
- A little tedious to take off, mainly because I'm very lazy. I use Micellar water from Garnier and after some rubbing it will take it all off but takes a couple of minutes
- When I cry and rub on my eyes, not gonna lie, it does have some effect on the mascara and it won't look as nice as before LOOOL but yeah just don't cry and rub your eyes
- Sometimes when I put it on and I'm not careful I get some on my upper eyelids kind of close to my eyelashes and I have to use Q-tips to get it off but I think that's just all mascaras really lol. Still, I hate having to use q-tips to rub it off, it grinds my gears

People ask me so often "are you wearing lashes? They look really nice" and it's just crazy because the only thing I wear is this mascara, and they think my Asian eyelashes are falsies. I definitely recommend this because I don't even bother trying to find new mascara anymore and will only try new ones if I get samples of them for free. I'll always keep crawling back to this one.