Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray + Hydrating Mist

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray + Hydrating Mist
Moisture Spray + Hydrating Mist

4.5

WATER (AQUA), ALOE BARBADENSIS (ALOE VERA) LEAF*, GLYCERIN, CHONDRUS CRISPUS EXTRACT, SODIUM PCA, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CAMELIA SINENSIS (GREEN TEA) LEAF*, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL.

on 3/21/2017 4:37:00 AM

Been buying this stuff since 2010. It works wonderfully and it used to be cheap as hell.
So it had an advantage on the Fix +.

Not anymore. 24usd for the 100ml? Seriously? When it used to cost 12usd for 4 oz.

on 5/3/2014 5:37:00 PM

I'm getting married this summer, so I've been putting what seems like 1001 foundations through their paces. I'm a tough sell these days, since I have oily, acne-prone, aging, extremely dehydrated skin. Absolutely every foundation I've tried has resulted in accentuating those dry patches. I stumbled upon mention of this nifty spray on the makeup board and I thought I'd give it a try.

Completely hype-worthy, has totally changed the finish of pretty much every foundation I have wanted to toss. (YSL Touche Eclat, NARS TM, Revlon Nearly Naked, and countless others I've forgotten I had purchased). I spray this on a non-latex sponge before dipping it into liquid foundation (or the Cinema Secrets foundation palette, another amazing product), and/or as a final step after base application. This has transformed the finish of my skin. I will absolutely continue to have this in constant rotation and would highly recommend it to anyone who needs to provide extra moisture to their makeup routine.

on 2/2/2014 1:44:00 AM

This moisture spray is something you could wear daily to set your makeup or refresh your skin through out the day. If you want your skin to stay matte I wouldn't recommend this product. Applied after foundation and powder, it brings back a natural dewy glow to my skin. It's great because it sets the makeup and allows my skin to breathe and look natural without looking oily. Feels light on my face and makes it feel comfortable during the day. Sometimes my skin can feel tight and uncomfortable with makeup on and this spray stops that from happening.
The ingredients are good for your skin which means I can wear it every day which is awesome. I found that it keeps my skin moisturized even with powder on my face which is such a nice change from that I-need-to-take-my-makeup-off- and -slather-my-face-in-moisturizer feeling. Such a good alternative to other setting sprays that are too irritating on sensitive skin types. Keeps the colours of the makeup vibrant.
It has a fresh kind of scent to it- almost smells like nothing but I can smell something when I'm spraying it on my face. It's very pleasant smelling. The cost was so reasonable, I got the largest sized bottle for about $16 off the camera ready cosmetics website. Will definitely buy again. I had never tried a moisture spray before and I don't think I could go without one now. :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

So I fell in love with MAC Fix +, but this is WAY BETTER. I use it for setting, as a mixing medium with powders, for moisturizing. SUPER CHEAP AND AWESOME!!

Update 7/2014: I have been using this product consistently for a year now, and have repurchased multiple times. I cannot recommend it enough. It is great for spraying in your face to refresh it and plump up for your skin before applying makeup, or for spraying onto sponges and brushes to smooth the application of foundation, or spraying as a finishing spray after applying foundation. Multipurpose product, comes in multiple size bottles, very economically priced. Hydrating and plumping, it's HG.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Staple and HG for my dry, DSPW skin -- especially when I'm using Renova or vitamin-C products in winter weather. Every makeup -- from cream foundation to MMU -- looks better when I incorporate this into my routine.

I use this both as a moisturizer under sunscreen in the a.m. (spritz this all over, apply ss while my face is still damp to seal the moisture in) and under a lotion or cream (Eucerin or CeraVe) in the p.m. Much more effective in the long run than the cream alone.

Also, I use this over cream and powder foundations -- the spray seems to melt them into my skin to look very natural.

This seems like water, but it's quite a bit more. It's also much cheaper than other floral or vitamin waters from other companies. BTW, I bought several large refill bottles from Cinema Secrets around the holidays when they had a 50 percent off sale.

No frills, but so effective.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Sodium PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Collagen, Panthenol, Allantoin, Glycerine, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Imidazolidinyl Urea

on 11/18/2008 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used up an entire bottle of this before reviewing. I used this every day for several months to set my EDM mineral makeup. Since I stopped using it, my makeup just doesn't look the same. It looks much worse. When you use it, it just sort of makes everything blend in effortlessly and blurs the focus. You look more polished.

I also would not recommend spraying this to set liquid foundation, as some others have pointed out. It adds too much moisture. You can use it before, though. It's a lovely moisturizer!

on 9/29/2007 9:01:00 PM

I think this product works great with my Cinema Secrets Ultimate Foundation. I don't think that this is something that I could use by itself without the addition of foundation. I have scarring from acne and uneven skin tone so using this alone doesn't work for me.

However, it feels awesome when you spray it on your skin. It is great to use to moisten your makeup brushes and sponges. I don't use it after applying powder because I feel it would make my face "cakey".

That being said, it is a great primer and really helps with the application of my foundation.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love this stuff. I spray it right on my bare face as a moisturizer before I apply heavier moisturizers and/or make-up. I find it makes my skin just right - not oily in any way, and it alleviates any dryness. Make-up goes on well after it. I have also used it to wet foundation sponge before use to help spreading - it's good for this. I have sprayed it on *after* make-up application and didn't really find it did much for me that way - I'm not sure what I expected, but it really didn't do anything. I will continue to buy this as a base moisturizer though with just a little extra eye cream on top.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I started off being obsessed with their ultimate foundation, now I am obsessed with this Moisture Spray! I use acne cream on my face and sometimes i wake up with dry spots on my face (so hot! lol) and i spray this on and it takes care of it...i spritz this stuff on after and it keeps my make up lasting even longer!

on 6/18/2007 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The CS moisture spray is really nice. It keeps makeup put all day long and it gives a dewy finish to the CS foundation or any other makeup for that matter. I love the tiny bottle too, it lasts forever and it is airplane-friendly! I wonder whether the benefits are even deeper than in fixing makeupt, as the spray contains collagen!?! At least my skin used to look a lot better, without makeup too, when I was using this spray... have to go out and get a new bottle!