Chanel Lumieres D' Artifices (Holiday Collection-Shimmering Lip Gloss)

No Image

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

This Chanel lipgloss in Prism is an oldie but goodie I found in my stash when moving. It is a lovely slightly pink but lifelike gloss with shimmer, but no gross sparkles. I could wear it lightly to the office just to enhance the liveliness of my lips with a bit of shimmer and moistness, but nothing out of place. Applied more heavily, it is party time! Upon looking at other reviews, it may have been part of the 2007 Think Pink gloss palette. Highly recommended

on 12/4/2005 4:30:00 PM

I bought 2 of these last year b.c they were LE. I wish I bought at least 5!!! : ( Chanel should have this product or in its line permenantly. I love the red! It is such a beautiful blue-based red. Now I am always in search of a red that looks like it. I didn't end up using pink or the gold in the middle...did not like how it looked over the red. If anyone knows of a red lipstick that looks like this one, please let me know! TIA! = )

on 12/8/2004 1:40:00 AM

Wow! The burgundy red is truly beautiful. I think this is the most perfect red I have ever seen that actually works for me. Reds are challenging for anyone but I think this cute little palette can work with so many skin tones. The pink is also very nice. Not too warm or cool. Both colors work great with Chanel Nude lipliner. The best part is the texture, very soft, not sticky, almost like a matte gel. This is a limited edition so buy it as soon as you can. I already bought a backup. Just perfect!

on 11/2/2004 12:43:00 AM

This lip gloss is just beautiful! The colors are just so shimmery and gorgeous, you can't go wrong. The colors look great separate or applied together. $38 is expensive for a lip gloss, but this one is well worth it!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this but couldn't because it made my lips itchy and sensitive after wearing it for a couple of hours. I have really sensitive lips and Chanel's lip glosses seem to aggrevate my condition. On the good side, the colors are really nice. I'm jealous of those who can wear this.

on 3/25/2005 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this on the spot because of how it looked in the pot.It's garnet with swirls of gold and pink -like a work of art. Can be worn in many different ways.It doesn't dry my lips and has a good staying power.I bought a backup bec.it's limited edition.Pricey but for me worth it.However,I don't find this a touch and go lipgloss but love it anyway.

on 10/8/2004 3:55:00 PM

Tried this at the counter. It took the SA a long time to put it on my lips but the effect was very dramatic. A deep, rich, plummy burgundy red with shimmer. This gloss is less shimmery than the Aqualumieres lipsticks but definitely not matte. If it was matte, it would be stupendous. The color reminded me of GA's #11 lipstick. Leaves a nice stain and lasts without drying out the lips. Packaging is the usual Chanel black with a healthy amount of product. Seems reusable too, once the gloss is gone. It's on my list for Christmas.

on 10/30/2004 2:39:00 PM

I have been searching for years for the perfect holiday lipstick. The closest I have ever come to it was the Dragon lipstick from Chanel- I happened to get a sample stick of it a couple of years ago, but it made my lips crack and bleed, so forget that!

When I think of holiday lipstick, I think exquisite, intense, mysterious, and opulent(did I spell that right?). Nothing I have ever found gives me that sophisticated feeling when I try to wear it on the holidays.

I was just going to visit some friends of mine who work at Chanel, when I was blindsided by the holiday palettes.

I smeared a quick slash on my hand, and my eyes literally POPPED out of my head. The look was EXACTLY what I was looking for- almost beyond words.

I was also impressed at how highly pigmented and thick that it was withouth being sticky. No fragrance, and no translucence. Hmm.

A little background- I am a makeup artist. Have a collection of lipstick that is enough to keep me in lipstick for three lifetimes, if they did not go rancid, that is. I have the ability to wear almost any color of any season, as I have learned to change my appearance drastically to fit any hair color, almost any style, etc.

Therefore, I have all kinds of reds, darks, lights, etc.

I do not need lipstick or gloss.

This palette is the most vibrant deep and lucious burgundy-red with shimmer in it. In the center of the palette are three blobs of color done like a modern painting.

One is like a cross between ROSE and MELON PIGMENt from MAC. The other is exactly like a BRONZE COPPER pigment that I have from BWC. It is also identical to FASHION FAIR GLISTEN from their holiday collection of a couple of years ago.

The third blob is similar to the current RUBY RED pigment from MAC. The shimmer is intense and the color goes all of the way to the bottom of the palette- not surface like the Revlon trick has been in the past.

The gloss wears like lipstick and I love it best with the red under and the copper in the center, but the others are beautiful as well.

With a good liner (a Sierra type color) this stuff wears for a few hours, unless you eat. Most importantly, however, IT DOES NOT DRY OUT MY LIPS OR MAKE THEM PEEL.

Neither has it been bleeding or feathering on me like so many red lipsticks do.

Most importantly, every time I have worn this stuff, I have had people literally stop me all through the mall or where I am going and ask me what in the world I have on my lips. That never happens that often- usually only once or twice in a day- not, like, twenty times!!!!

Although I can not rationalize spending that kind of money on anything else, I did manage to buy this, and the three or four months it takes me to pay it off, well, for now, it seems worth it.

One note, the brush in the container is not very good- too broad and wide. This is best applied with a small precise lip brush like MAC (can not find it so I can not remember the number).

I tried to make this very detailed, like I would want to read if I were to try to buy this stuff and needed to research first- I hope that it can help someone out there like me who loves research and information!

continued >>

on 10/26/2004 8:47:00 AM

More than I love the color is how I love the look. it almost looks like a stain....how women in the movies look like they dont have lipstick on and it wouldn't leave an imprint....thats how it looks. like its the color of your lips. a child of lip blush and glossimer. perfect!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Let's begin by saying that I have been searching for a colour like this for a long, long time. It is an incredible deep red that goes on smoothly and, for a gloss, has terrific coverage. In fact, I would be more inclined to call it a creme lipstick than a gloss. The pink, gold and red circles in the centre are the perfect highlighters - just put a dab on the centre of the bottom lip - beautiful! I'll be picking up another before they are gone for good!