Versace Crystal Noir

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favourite fragrances out there. Strong, very long lasting - even the EDT one lasts about 8-9h on my skin, someone could smell it the next day, after shower. I have weird pH which makes it harder for fragrances to layer nice. I can smell coconut and mint, which I didn't find on the note list, but... oh, well, my nose is weird.
I will definitely buy this again and again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Notes: Gardenia, Amber, Musk

This was reformulated, and now they've removed coconut from the notes, among others like cardamom, pepper, peony, heliotrope, etc.

But I'm telling you, I still smell coconut. And that's fine with me, as I LOVE anything with coconut. I would bathe in it forever if I could.

But this is no ordinary coconut perfume. It's like a sensual, nighttime coconut.

Imagine you're on an island at night, strolling along the beach underneath the full moon and a sky full of twinkling stars.

You're waiting for your love to meet you there, when a breeze flows past you, and brings with it the warm musky scent of your love, and you close your eyes and smile as you enjoy the mesmerizing way his scent blends with the coconut and flowers around you.

You know he's about to wrap his arms around you, and life feels wonderful.

That's Versace Crystal Noir.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This fragrance smells very exotic to me. I feel like I'm in the 1001 arabian nights when I wear it. I don't use it everyday because I prefer a lighter scent for everyday, but this is great for a night out. I find it to be more mature, not sure a teen would like this smell.

I found my HG scent. I bought this immediately after trying it on.

It is fruity and sweet and a bit heavy, but later on it gets a bit woody and spicy. I don't know how to describe it very well. But it smells so good, sometimes I spray it on just for fun and feel like a million bucks. This perfume gives me this powerful feminine vibe.

I'm already trying to look for backups. I wear it day and night, yes I love it that much!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is for the EDT. "Thunderstorm" was my first impression. Smells heavy & ominous, like a big thundercloud approaching. Dark clouds, heavy atmosphere, oppressive, brooding. Like a heavy blanket. Really cloying. It's strong and overtakes everything.

This smells dark & rich -- and also very woody -- and heavily musky. It's smoky, sultry, ambery, woody, kind of winey/boozy, and really musky.

Notes, per parfumo.net (2004):

Aldehydes, Amber, Gardenia, Grapefruit, Cherry, Coconut, Orange blossom, Tuberose

Contains a lot of white florals (gardenia, orange blossom, tuberose), which I'm not a fan of (they give me a headache) plus fruits, coconut, & amber -- but to me it dries down to a mostly smoky sultry amber-sandalwood musk -- mixed with a rich strong red wine note.

It's extremely heady to me -- and thick and rich -- the scent just spreads through the air -- really diffuses everywhere. Monster throw. Thick & dark & heavy & oozy & wine-like & blanketing. Sultry, for sure.

It's just too strong, rich, and heady for me, sorry. Crystal Noir has legions of fans, and I've tried to become one of them, but I can't. A single tiny spritz is very strong, gives me a headache, and lasts on my skin overnight and even through a shower the next morning. It has *extremely* outstanding staying power -- very tenacious!

For me, in spite of the amber, fruits, & coconut, it's just too white-floral -- too strong, too heady, tending to headache-inducing, even a tiny spritz of the EDT. Granted, it is a very beautiful and sultry scent, and I can understand why so many love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Eh, I thought I would like this because everyone kept on talking about the coconut note. While I can tell there is some coconut in it, the gardenia and the pepper overblasts the subtleness of the coconut. The drydown for me is really powdery and soft but not something I necessary think smells amazing. Overall I am glad I got to try this so now I don't have to obsess about having it.

It's a nice oriental spicy smell that works well for evenings, especially in colder months Has some sexiness in it. Provides decent longevity

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells like a combination of Guerlain's Samsara and Avon's Sweet Honesty. It has great staying power and comes in a pretty bottle. It's not my type of fragrance, but if you like sweet smouldering spicey scents with musky undertones, you will like this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Crystal Noir by Versace is classified as a floral oriental with gardenia as the main floral note and a typical list of spicy oriental notes to complete the composition. The gardenia pulls the fragrance in a soapy direction, while the “spicy” oriental part just adds a generic sweetness that really doesn’t bring that plush, warm feel I associate with woods and amber. Instead, CN turns into a typical mall fragrance, i.e., a mediocre sweet floral with detergent-y musk. The name and packaging evoke depth, maturity, and sensuality; however, the fragrance itself seems appropriate for the high school locker room.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this perfume after reading all of the wonderful reviews on here. So today I walked into my Ulta and spritzed on the perfume hoping for magic. What I got was far from it. I smelled like straight up bug spray. It is very strong and no one around me could stand the smell. I ended up coming home and washing it off. Maybe its just my body chemistry, but this perfume did not work for me.

Popular Fragrances