Versace Crystal Noir

Filtered by skin type : Dry

4.1

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Notes: Gardenia, Amber, Musk

This was reformulated, and now they've removed coconut from the notes, among others like cardamom, pepper, peony, heliotrope, etc.

But I'm telling you, I still smell coconut. And that's fine with me, as I LOVE anything with coconut. I would bathe in it forever if I could.

But this is no ordinary coconut perfume. It's like a sensual, nighttime coconut.

Imagine you're on an island at night, strolling along the beach underneath the full moon and a sky full of twinkling stars.

You're waiting for your love to meet you there, when a breeze flows past you, and brings with it the warm musky scent of your love, and you close your eyes and smile as you enjoy the mesmerizing way his scent blends with the coconut and flowers around you.

You know he's about to wrap his arms around you, and life feels wonderful.

That's Versace Crystal Noir.

I really really love this perfume. From the first whiff on me, I feel so sexy and feminine. there are so many levels to this scent and each one is amazing. The scent lasts all day, even the next day i will get a slight whiff from my hair which is always a welcomed beautiful surprise. LOVE LOVE LOVE...

I find this very heavy, cloying and sharp. I do not get any powdery sexiness at all. I much prefer Dior Addict for something sexy.

Long nights and cozy winters filled with mystery and romance describes this wonderful sultry and sexy fragrance.. Its opening starts with a peppery ginger blast, then the coconut and gardenia come strolling in to cool off with a sweet Amber and sandalwood powdery finish.. It's a magnificent yet feminine fragrance, well done Versace! Oh and did mention it lasts forever, you can smell it the next day and on your clothes..

*le sigh* This is my signature scent. I've worn Crystal Noir for the past two years and I adore everything about it. Winter, spring, summer...doesn't matter. It's spicy and warm yet sweet and mysterious. An utterly delicious, magnificent scent. I get compliments every time I wear this, sometimes by the same few people day after day. It's like they can't help themselves. I've had women follow me around in stores to ask what I'm wearing.

It lasts a very long time, but it's not overwhelming. About 8-10 hours, and I can even smell it on my clothes a week later. Sillage is fantastic, too.

Crystal Noir is romantic and mysterious. I'd recommend everyone try it, especially for a first date. Best part is, since it's not a new scent, the price for a 3.4 oz. bottle is very reasonable.

I forgot to add that all the above is referring to the EDT. I've never tried the EDP and I'm not sure I care to. EDT is utter perfection.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been a fragrance freak for over 20 years and I have never come across something this different.

It's spicy and sweet but NOT overwhelming like some can be. It's gardenia at its finest and coconut. First spray I get the gardenia and peony mostly and some spice. After an hour it turns into something very unique on me. I get the coconut, musk, gardenia, spices, amber, and ginger. The spiciness in here is different. It's cardamon and ginger with a hint of pepper.

This is a very sexy, grown-woman, she-knows-what-she-wants fragrance. Very nice and worth the money! The bottle is so pretty as well. A dark smoky color with a diamond as the top.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great perfume. On paper it too sharp for my taste but on my skin it turns more creamy, softer, and spicy. I smell a tiny bit of white flowers, pepper, musk, and cardamom, and it reminds me a little bit of coconut. I know that sounds a strange and really spicy, but it is actually really nice. You should definitely smell it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Crystal Noir by Versace is classified as a floral oriental with gardenia as the main floral note and a typical list of spicy oriental notes to complete the composition. The gardenia pulls the fragrance in a soapy direction, while the “spicy” oriental part just adds a generic sweetness that really doesn’t bring that plush, warm feel I associate with woods and amber. Instead, CN turns into a typical mall fragrance, i.e., a mediocre sweet floral with detergent-y musk. The name and packaging evoke depth, maturity, and sensuality; however, the fragrance itself seems appropriate for the high school locker room.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Strong smokey coconut scent at the outset; drydown, on my skin, was eau de nail polish remover. Awful!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have a love/hate relationship with this fragrance. I'm undecided how I feel about it when I wear it, and here's why:

In my opinion, when I first spray the fragrance on me (usually on my neck, one spray) it is EXTREMELY strong and headache inducing. I sprayed it just this morning, and found myself looking for a Kleenex to wipe it off. My coworker also commented that my perfume was quite strong. When I first spray it, I get intense berry (pomegranate?) and pepper smells. Spicy, very strong and very intense.

Now, several hours later, the dry down is quite beautiful. Sweet, but not too sweet, spicy, smoky, luscious dark berry smelling. I'm not very good with notes, but this is what my nose gets. My coworker also commented that it smells better hours later.

I have also sprayed it on my pillows, and the dry down is beautiful as well. Extremely strong and cloying at first.

I usually spray my perfume right before I leave for work in the morning, so I think what I'll do now is spray it an hour or two before I leave, so I'm not knocking people (including myself) in the face with my scent.

You definitely don't need much of this fragrance -very strong, but the dry down is beautiful and sexy. The bottle is also gorgeous...I love the "amethyst" lid, and the bottle is a beautiful smoky dark purple with good weight to it.

Would I repurchase? Not quite sure --perhaps for nighttime/winter use only....I'll update if my feelings change, as I've only worn it 4 or 5 times already.

Popular Fragrances