Versace Crystal Noir

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.5

I find this very heavy, cloying and sharp. I do not get any powdery sexiness at all. I much prefer Dior Addict for something sexy.

Long nights and cozy winters filled with mystery and romance describes this wonderful sultry and sexy fragrance.. Its opening starts with a peppery ginger blast, then the coconut and gardenia come strolling in to cool off with a sweet Amber and sandalwood powdery finish.. It's a magnificent yet feminine fragrance, well done Versace! Oh and did mention it lasts forever, you can smell it the next day and on your clothes..

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

LOVE this. I've been searching for an update for my old Samsara stand-by... I wore that for 20 years but recently got sick of it. I purchase a tiny rollerball version of this to see if it would have a lasting impression, and I ended up buying the big bottle after a month of the rollerball use. Purchased the EDT in the rollerball, and the EDP in the spray. EDP definitely has more staying power. I love the musky vanilla and gardenia in this, with dry down of sandalwood. It seems to have something more fresh and green than Samsara; a nice twist and update. I tried Atelier Cologne Vanille Incensee and bought two bottles of that in succession... I was mixing the Atelier with Carolina Herrera 212, and this is similar to that combination but with more staying power. This is heady strong and sensual. I really love it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love thick, sensual frags so when I saw this, I thought this would be another contender. The opening is thick, creamy gardenia with some woods to tone down the floral note. The drydown turns into bug spray on me. It also seems like a heavy blanket of oil and leather. Def a warm scent. I don't think it's worth a full bottle. I'll try a sniff again when the weather cools up.

The bottle looks beautiful - all dark and full of promises of a sensual frag. The spray cover is nice looking but awkward to hold when removed. Too big to hold in my hand as I spray it on. Maybe it's just my awkward self…

Update: Been sniffing this some more during cooler weather. I love the coconut mixed with the woods. Will be upping my overall rating from 2 to 3. Is on my buy-list (not at top though).

Yum!!!
I can smell the peony, gardenia and musk but as other people have noted it definitely smells like it has coconut in it. This is a creamy, musky, slightly fruity fragrance which is like a grown up version of the overly fruity fragrances that are aimed at the younger crowd. Very sexy, also very cozy and snuggly. It's not really the right perfume for me but I am seriously enjoying the decant I was given. I have ticked I would not rebuy because I have too many perfumes as it is. This is also relatively inexpensive as one ounce bottles are regularly available in Australia for around $30-40 on special. Really a very well balanced perfume, not a lot of depth or variability from top note to bottom, but at least you know what you're getting within 5 minutes of spraying it on. Give it a go.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have the EDT. The topnotes according to fragrantica (of which I am also a member) are: Ginger, Cardamom and pepper.

Mid notes are: African orange flower, gardenia and peony

Base notes are: Musk, sandlewood and amber.

Frangrance is a remarkable subjective thing. Although we can all agree on what a particular individual scent may be, once we apply it to our skin and our chemistry adds it's magic it has the potential to be different on each of us.

This is opening, mid and base notes of Gardenia on me. Massive white gardenia with peony floating in and about the Gardenia (with a capital G!).

It's pleasant and it's beautiful. Just not beautiful and very linear on my skin. Pity it is pretty.

I had sampled this in the department store once and coudn't stop sniffing my wrist! Fast forward a few months later, and I was able to pick this up for a good price. After a couple of times wearing this I realized that I just couldn't stand it. There is a coconut note in here that is just way too prominent, and irritating to me. If the coconut were less pronounced this would have been a keeper, but instead it went back.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Well it isnt great!! AND it isnt at all similar to the beautifully crafted Pure Poison!!! no comparison here between Dior and Versace...Versace's fargrances all lack in character...and Crystal Noir isnt any different..the top note bothers me, it almost smells bad to me...anyhow, I guess it isnt horrible, but surely not a top ten!!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely gorgeous smell, I love the initial smell of coconut, yum beautiful. I will definately buy this again, in edp next time the edt lasts but i want something a bit stronger. I wear this day and night....yummmmm love it!!!

Sigh! I so wanted to like this one. I love the name, love the bottle. When I saw the tester at Sephora, I made a bee line for it. But when I smelled my wrist, my head almost snapped back. Whoa! What a stench! A SA caught my reaction and stifled a giggle. How could that be? I LOVE sandalwood. And I SO wanted to like Crystal Noir. Blast my skin chemistry. That's why I gave it 3 lippies instead of one. One woman's scent is another one's poison. Bummer. :(

Popular Fragrances