3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

Amazing lip balm ! Keeps lips feeling smooth. Only con is that it comes in a pot

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlack

EyesHazel

9 years ago

Love this lip balm! It's very moisturizing, and a very pretty pale pink that doesn't make my teeth look yellow like some pale pink glosses/lipsticks do. I would usually put this on before bed and wake up in the morning with soft supple lips. I'll definitely repurchase!

About reviewer (396 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

2.0

10 years ago

Born Lippies used to be all the rage at one point in time. I got this as a gift from a friend and to be honest, I didn't like it. It tasted pretty lipstick-y but it was tolerable, and for the first part it was moisturizing. But then it would dry my lips out really bad and I could feel the flakes, and I'd have to reapply. I wanted to like this but sadly I don't. I like the pot since it's different from the usual lipstick/gloss tube, but like everyone else, I think it's unhygienic.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3.0
from

10 years ago

I hate that this is in a pot. As much as I wanted to like this, my overall thoughts of it were "Meh, nothing special." Cons: -doesn't absorb into lips -doesn't really moisturize -comes in a pot Pros: -colour (it provides very little colour, but I find it evens out the tone of my lips very nicely) -smell (really good!) -taste (not too too great, but better than most lip balms) Overall, I don't think I will repurchase this one, but I'm debating on the Raspberry or Guarana :)

About reviewer (89 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

10 years ago

Personally, I love buying products in general from the Body Shop as most items are ethically sourced, high quality and they have a brillant loyalty card scheme. However, I have only given it 3 lippies as it doesn't stand out as a HG or exceptional product I would repurchase. PROS: -DOESN'T contain petroleum jelly, instead organic beeswax which is ethically sourced. -Good value for money (only £3.00 ) -A multi-purpose product. I often use this for my cuticals, and leave it on for 10 minutes and then wiping it off to soften them. -It is comparable to the Honey Salve from MAC's Naked Honey collection, except from the scent and price -Smells OKAY -Gives a nice clear sheen to lips (substitute for gloss) CONS: -Isn't absorbed into skin. I find myself in the end having to wipe off the product as it just creates a greasy layer, much like Vaseline. -It is packaged in a pot. This may be useful if you are a makeup artist and only use a brush, however for everyday use it becomes a hassle as it takes time to sanitise your finger/ brush. - Tastes HORRIBLE. This is just personal preference, but I don't particually like the taste, but don't be put of by this as many people love the taste. Would I buy this product again? No. This is marketed as a lipbalm, however as stated before, it just creates a film over your lips and doesn't moisturise them. This can be achieve just with vaseline which is much cheaper. I prefere lip balms with menthol (Carmex) for moisturisation and they are slightly cheaper. It does give a good glossy look to your lips, (much better than Carmex for this aspect) although I'd rather use a lip gloss as this doesn't have ANY colour payoff or shimmer/glitter. HOWEVER, if you are looking for: - Something to use to moisturise cuticles with -Doesn't contain mineral oil - A CHEAP dupe for Naked Honey Skin Salve - A glossy, clear, no shimmer lipbalm to use instead of lip gloss as they can be drying. THIS IS THE PRODUCT FOR YOU! Bees xx

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

10 years ago

I love the colour of this in the pot, but i wish it was a bit more pigmented on my pink lips. It goes on smoothly and you dont need a lot of it. Smells great to me but it is a little unsanitary the 'pot' but if you are using clean hands it shouldn't be too much of an issue (as with all pots). I've hit the bottom of this but there is still about half left although i probably wouldn't repurchase because i have 4 other flavours of these and i am always looking for new lip products to buy and try :)

About reviewer (142 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

from

10 years ago

My friend gave this to me last year, and I actually really like this lip balm/gloss, even though I don't reach for it as often as some of my other lip products. It is a sheer, nudish-pink gloss that is hydrating and glossy, but doesn't have and shimmer or glitter particles. It smells like watermelon, but tastes more like very sweet cotton candy -- sometimes even a bit too sweet. However, I like this gloss because it is stays on for a decent amount of time, and is thick without being too sticky or gloopy. A a really nice lip gloss overall!

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

10 years ago

bought this product a few years ago and hated it. i had tried some of the other body shop lip balms and didnt like how the colour of this one went over my verry pigmented lips. i recently picked it up again and i love how it gives a natural, mousturizing, light pink glaze over my lips. i have used up most of the pot and will be getting a new one! i highly recomend this!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

10 years ago

I actually like this packaging beacause it forces me to use a lipbrush which is the best way to apply lip products. So for those of you that use your fingers, buy a lipbrus! I'm almost out of this and when I finish, I will repurchase. I love the smell, the tint, shine,...everything! It's not sticky on my lips and it moisturizes and enlargens them beautifully. I just <3 it!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

10 years ago

I love this lip balm!!! It's really moisturizing and looks great!!! The only thing I don't love is the taste/smell. Doesn't "wow" me. But other than that, no complaints at all!!

About reviewer (136 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure