Laura Biagiotti - Roma

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
 Laura Biagiotti - Roma

4.8

on 7/4/2011 2:32:00 AM

This has been my signature fragrance for over ten years now. If you don't like sweet, strong scents, maybe this is not the one for you, but on me it just works beautifully and never goes unnoticed (in a good way!) What I smell mostly when I wear this is sweet powder- so feminine and comforting. Love it.

on 4/17/2010 4:39:00 PM

I discovered this wonderful scent a couple of years ago and have been in love with it ever since. I never grow tired of its warm, sunny personality, which makes it stand out in a crowd.

This is a perfume for exuberant, confident women.

My favourite parts are the minty, citrussy opening ( which always fills me with "joie de vivre") and the sublime, balsmic/vanilla drydown.

I often get complimented when I wear this Italian gem. Such a travesty it was discontinued along with Venezia. Who makes these decisions?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have just bought a mini size of the EDT based on reviews here (got it at sasa.com). I'm giving it 5 because I think it's one of the most unique fragrances I've owned. I am not great at describing fragrance notes but on first application I get a gorgeous hit of citrus - it's not too sharp though. It is tempered by other fragrance notes (I think it's probably jasmine and vanilla). Not all perfumes start out so welcoming but this one really does! It eventually fades into a lovely sort of "floriental" but I can still detect that beautiful grapefruitiness that sucked me in at the beginning. Some may find it dries down a bit powdery but I really like it. It's sublte enough for the office and suits springtime in my mind. It makes me think of sunshine and oranges. Would love to get my hands on a parfum version!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Roma is my new summer love... one of the best fragrances I've had the privilege of smelling! It has left an impression on me. It's a very suitable perfume for wandering around a city like Roma. :) It's very womanly, but not very strong. However, it won't go unnoticed. It has a confident vibe about it and it sparkles with bergamot. I'm definitely getting some animalistic notes from this that are a little too strong, but softens up as it dries down. It's beautifully blended and great for dry summer weather. I agree, it has class! At first I bought a mini, and as soon as I received the mini I set sail to buy a full bottle. I use it more than any other fragrance in my collection now. When I wear it, I do have flashbacks of my memories growing up in Italy. Not particularly Rome, but it also captures the essence of other large cities in Italy. When I first wore Roma, I was a bit taken back; the first spray reminded me of - to put it honestly - cat piss. I'm going to assume it's the mix of sharp grapefruit note with sharp mint note, but at least that sharp smell goes away in a flash. After it settles for a minute, the true beauty of Roma is revealed with a minty, slightly powdery jasmine. There is definitely a lot of musk or civet, or something animalistic that is very dominant, but not overpowering. After a while, you can smell the vanilla, too. It's just a gorgeous perfume. To me it seems to be a very sophisticated, feminine fragrance, and a confident luxurious one at that. Refreshing and assuring. I'll be buying it over and over again!

Notes as mentioned on fragrantica:
Top notes are pink grapefruit, sicilian bergamot, and fresh mint, hyacinth. Middle notes are jasmine, rose, lily of the valley with base notes of animalistic notes, vanilla, sandal wood, amber, musk, and civet.

on 8/16/2007 9:30:00 AM

I like this perfume, but it's a little too "old" for me. Brings back old memories and feels a little too mature for me even though I like it on other women.

First sniff from the bottle i purchased on ebay....old, 70's (actually the 80's I believe). But i went for it and wore it out to our favorite sports bar & grill. something about it faintly reminded me of Fifi...a spice maybe...but I later compared notes and they have nothing in common. Then there is the mint. I think I'm diggin' mint in a fragrance, because I get the same reaction when my BF wears Very Irresistible for Men, which also has mint leaves. Its not a note that is there all the time, but catching that occassional whiff of mint brings my attention back to the fragrance as a whole. Hmmm...an interesting wear...I think I like it :)

on 5/12/2006 11:30:00 PM

I have had a love affair with this perfume since high school. One of my dear friends from Rome (I know, too convenient) sent me a mini, and I became obsessed. It was not yet available in the US, or at least in my home town, so I had to wait until I actually went back to Italy to get more. Perhaps the fact that it was new, and so many women in Rome were actually wearing it, fixed the (very literal) association between name of fragrance and city. To this day, it is still at the top of my list. I've never noticed the citrus/bergamot (I love both)...though grapefruit is a distinct possibility... nor do I get the mint; this is creamy amber, balsam, (cedar?), and something floral. (I honestly can't identify the floral, but it's there, part of the overall texture.) The other reviewers who described this as warm and cuddly are dead on. This is a fall/winter perfume; it only works as a summer perfume if you live in the deep south, and have the balmy, heavy night air to complement it. I simply can't praise it enough.

on 11/7/2005 5:50:00 PM

Fresh but deep and sensual. This is such a wonderful fragrance which reminds me of summer but it's just as good as a winter fragrance. There something very special about this one, it's very sharp (but pleasant) when you put it on but it develops wonderfully.

Popular Fragrances