Laura Biagiotti - Roma

Filtered by hair type : Other
 Laura Biagiotti - Roma

4.5

on 7/4/2011 2:32:00 AM

This has been my signature fragrance for over ten years now. If you don't like sweet, strong scents, maybe this is not the one for you, but on me it just works beautifully and never goes unnoticed (in a good way!) What I smell mostly when I wear this is sweet powder- so feminine and comforting. Love it.

on 2/17/2008 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I get no mint whatsoever. What I do get is very strong Black Currant. As it wears on, this fades down to a lovely oriental base with a slight powdered feel, which accounts for some reviewers opinions that it smells 'old.' It definitely has a vintage feel and smells like nothing that's come out in the last ten years. I get no fresh floral, no bright sunshiney Rome, but I do get a softly elegant understated Lady, capital "L" with that black currant showing up now and again to keep things interesting. I may not buy a full bottle, but I wouldn't be wasting my money if I did. Very nice, very pretty, and no, not for little girls. This is confident class all the way.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Laura Biagiotti Roma reminds me of very much Guerlain's Jicky EdT. However, rather than a blast of lavendar in the opening you get a blast of pine/mint; then in the drydown there's a lovely soft amber, rather than a typical Guerlain vanilla drydown. I like both; they're similar but different. Roma is truly delightfully pleasant and easy to wear. I think I'll be looking for a bottle to add to my collection. It's FBW; and now that it's discontinued in the U.S., Roma is an inexpensive find. A European MUAer informed me recently that throughtout Europe -- LB Roma is still available in all forms. Enjoy!

Roma is a recent favorite. I first tried this in a mini form last year; I was attracted by the name and the bottle, frankly. As an old Latinist, I figured I really ought to keep this in my collection, so I eventually bit and bought a full bottle. Roma opens with a bracing shot of grapefruit, black currant bud, and mint. The mint can be pretty strong, but it's something that I like the more I smell it. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it has grown on me considerably. As it develops on the skin, Roma seems to go through a classical drydown. There is a balsamic blend that hovers in the background, adding a subtle complexity to this scent, very reminiscent of the sensual balsamic accord in Shalimar. According to Laura Biagiotti, Roma's balsamic blend, which contains N African myrrh, Siamese ambergris and vanilla, is similar to a mixture actually used by ancient Roman women. When I wear Roma, I really can imagine I'm wending my way to the Colosseum all lit up at night, or feeling the coolness of the Pantheon's interior on a clear spring day. Roma reflects the invigorating excitement and opulence of the eternally ancient city whose name it shares. Brava, Ms Biagiotti!

Popular Fragrances