Laura Biagiotti - Roma

Laura Biagiotti - Roma

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As a perfume junkie with 80+ bottles of perfume, I rarely buy a second bottle of the same perfume--except Roma. I'm on my 3rd bottle (with a 4th in storage--Roma has been discontinued--oh why oh why?). As for the scent--on me I smell spicy powdery with hint of orange. I've smelled nothing quite like it, so I guess when the 4th bottle gets used up...:-(

I was so totally surprised to read this review! Roma was my all time favorite fragrance back when it first came out. I thought I was so super sophisticated wearing it. I haven't smelled it for such a long time and wasn't even sure that they even made it anymore. After reading the review below, I remember how many compliments I got when I did wear it. Now, I'm motivated to look for it again to see if I'm fond of it as I was back in the day :D

on 6/3/2008 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Along with a couple of other great fragrances, Roma has been my favourite since it first appeared on the market almost 20 years ago. Whenever I wear this perfume I get tons of compliments. Unique and different, strong but not overpowering, it's a perfect summer fragrance as someone pointed out, although, it can be worn any time of the year. I have repurchased this perfume probably 10-15 times in the last 20 or so years and I never grew out of it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Roma is my new summer love... one of the best fragrances I've had the privilege of smelling! It has left an impression on me. It's a very suitable perfume for wandering around a city like Roma. :) It's very womanly, but not very strong. However, it won't go unnoticed. It has a confident vibe about it and it sparkles with bergamot. I'm definitely getting some animalistic notes from this that are a little too strong, but softens up as it dries down. It's beautifully blended and great for dry summer weather. I agree, it has class! At first I bought a mini, and as soon as I received the mini I set sail to buy a full bottle. I use it more than any other fragrance in my collection now. When I wear it, I do have flashbacks of my memories growing up in Italy. Not particularly Rome, but it also captures the essence of other large cities in Italy. When I first wore Roma, I was a bit taken back; the first spray reminded me of - to put it honestly - cat piss. I'm going to assume it's the mix of sharp grapefruit note with sharp mint note, but at least that sharp smell goes away in a flash. After it settles for a minute, the true beauty of Roma is revealed with a minty, slightly powdery jasmine. There is definitely a lot of musk or civet, or something animalistic that is very dominant, but not overpowering. After a while, you can smell the vanilla, too. It's just a gorgeous perfume. To me it seems to be a very sophisticated, feminine fragrance, and a confident luxurious one at that. Refreshing and assuring. I'll be buying it over and over again!

Notes as mentioned on fragrantica:
Top notes are pink grapefruit, sicilian bergamot, and fresh mint, hyacinth. Middle notes are jasmine, rose, lily of the valley with base notes of animalistic notes, vanilla, sandal wood, amber, musk, and civet.

on 2/17/2008 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I get no mint whatsoever. What I do get is very strong Black Currant. As it wears on, this fades down to a lovely oriental base with a slight powdered feel, which accounts for some reviewers opinions that it smells 'old.' It definitely has a vintage feel and smells like nothing that's come out in the last ten years. I get no fresh floral, no bright sunshiney Rome, but I do get a softly elegant understated Lady, capital "L" with that black currant showing up now and again to keep things interesting. I may not buy a full bottle, but I wouldn't be wasting my money if I did. Very nice, very pretty, and no, not for little girls. This is confident class all the way.

on 8/16/2007 9:30:00 AM

I like this perfume, but it's a little too "old" for me. Brings back old memories and feels a little too mature for me even though I like it on other women.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Laura Biagiotti Roma reminds me of very much Guerlain's Jicky EdT. However, rather than a blast of lavendar in the opening you get a blast of pine/mint; then in the drydown there's a lovely soft amber, rather than a typical Guerlain vanilla drydown. I like both; they're similar but different. Roma is truly delightfully pleasant and easy to wear. I think I'll be looking for a bottle to add to my collection. It's FBW; and now that it's discontinued in the U.S., Roma is an inexpensive find. A European MUAer informed me recently that throughtout Europe -- LB Roma is still available in all forms. Enjoy!

on 5/11/2006 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Just arrived yesterday. First sniff, I thought I had made a mistake. Seemed powdery and non-descript. Then as it began to dry down (about an hour or more), I started to smell a lovely, soft, feminine scent - not a floral, nor a green or an oriental, but just a warm skin - clean and dressed up... black pantsuit with a lacy camisole scent. VERY appealing. Will be a favorite for work.

I also noticed this morning that it was to be found at a very reasonable price at Overstock.com

Wish I'd seen THAT a bit sooner.

SpinDiva

on 4/14/2006 10:38:00 PM

One of my all time favourites. I kinda miss it, I'm thinking of buying it again. So rich and warm, great for winter and evening. Not for the faint of heart.

Popular Fragrances