Laura Biagiotti - Roma

Filtered by skin type : Other
 Laura Biagiotti - Roma

1 review

Roma is a recent favorite. I first tried this in a mini form last year; I was attracted by the name and the bottle, frankly. As an old Latinist, I figured I really ought to keep this in my collection, so I eventually bit and bought a full bottle. Roma opens with a bracing shot of grapefruit, black currant bud, and mint. The mint can be pretty strong, but it's something that I like the more I smell it. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it has grown on me considerably. As it develops on the skin, Roma seems to go through a classical drydown. There is a balsamic blend that hovers in the background, adding a subtle complexity to this scent, very reminiscent of the sensual balsamic accord in Shalimar. According to Laura Biagiotti, Roma's balsamic blend, which contains N African myrrh, Siamese ambergris and vanilla, is similar to a mixture actually used by ancient Roman women. When I wear Roma, I really can imagine I'm wending my way to the Colosseum all lit up at night, or feeling the coolness of the Pantheon's interior on a clear spring day. Roma reflects the invigorating excitement and opulence of the eternally ancient city whose name it shares. Brava, Ms Biagiotti!

Popular Fragrances