Laura Biagiotti - Roma

Filtered by age: 36-43
 Laura Biagiotti - Roma

4.1

on 7/4/2011 2:32:00 AM

This has been my signature fragrance for over ten years now. If you don't like sweet, strong scents, maybe this is not the one for you, but on me it just works beautifully and never goes unnoticed (in a good way!) What I smell mostly when I wear this is sweet powder- so feminine and comforting. Love it.

on 6/3/2008 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Along with a couple of other great fragrances, Roma has been my favourite since it first appeared on the market almost 20 years ago. Whenever I wear this perfume I get tons of compliments. Unique and different, strong but not overpowering, it's a perfect summer fragrance as someone pointed out, although, it can be worn any time of the year. I have repurchased this perfume probably 10-15 times in the last 20 or so years and I never grew out of it.

on 2/17/2008 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I get no mint whatsoever. What I do get is very strong Black Currant. As it wears on, this fades down to a lovely oriental base with a slight powdered feel, which accounts for some reviewers opinions that it smells 'old.' It definitely has a vintage feel and smells like nothing that's come out in the last ten years. I get no fresh floral, no bright sunshiney Rome, but I do get a softly elegant understated Lady, capital "L" with that black currant showing up now and again to keep things interesting. I may not buy a full bottle, but I wouldn't be wasting my money if I did. Very nice, very pretty, and no, not for little girls. This is confident class all the way.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Laura Biagiotti Roma reminds me of very much Guerlain's Jicky EdT. However, rather than a blast of lavendar in the opening you get a blast of pine/mint; then in the drydown there's a lovely soft amber, rather than a typical Guerlain vanilla drydown. I like both; they're similar but different. Roma is truly delightfully pleasant and easy to wear. I think I'll be looking for a bottle to add to my collection. It's FBW; and now that it's discontinued in the U.S., Roma is an inexpensive find. A European MUAer informed me recently that throughtout Europe -- LB Roma is still available in all forms. Enjoy!

First sniff from the bottle i purchased on ebay....old, 70's (actually the 80's I believe). But i went for it and wore it out to our favorite sports bar & grill. something about it faintly reminded me of Fifi...a spice maybe...but I later compared notes and they have nothing in common. Then there is the mint. I think I'm diggin' mint in a fragrance, because I get the same reaction when my BF wears Very Irresistible for Men, which also has mint leaves. Its not a note that is there all the time, but catching that occassional whiff of mint brings my attention back to the fragrance as a whole. Hmmm...an interesting wear...I think I like it :)

on 6/25/2006 2:38:00 PM

Competely horrid - sharp, nasty, cheap smelling then eventually after some hours fades to a sort of poor man's Shalimar - would never ever buy.

A very happy discovery at an airport duty-free (of all places), where it was on sale. I'd heard good things about Ms. Biagiotti, and so tried Roma. In my harried state, it instantly reminded me of La Perla Eclix, but that initial impression was way too simple. Roma could be mistaken for a gourmand, but it's also many other things: an oriental (vanilla, amber), a chypre (oakmoss), a fruity-floral (grapefruit, blackcurrant/carnation, jasmine). The heart note of mint gives it an unusual coolness, almost like mint toothpaste on my chemistry, but have no fear... that quickly warms up into the comforting powder everyone below is raving about. Roma is being discounted to an amazing value online. Snag it now before this hidden gem disappears forever!

Roma is a recent favorite. I first tried this in a mini form last year; I was attracted by the name and the bottle, frankly. As an old Latinist, I figured I really ought to keep this in my collection, so I eventually bit and bought a full bottle. Roma opens with a bracing shot of grapefruit, black currant bud, and mint. The mint can be pretty strong, but it's something that I like the more I smell it. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it has grown on me considerably. As it develops on the skin, Roma seems to go through a classical drydown. There is a balsamic blend that hovers in the background, adding a subtle complexity to this scent, very reminiscent of the sensual balsamic accord in Shalimar. According to Laura Biagiotti, Roma's balsamic blend, which contains N African myrrh, Siamese ambergris and vanilla, is similar to a mixture actually used by ancient Roman women. When I wear Roma, I really can imagine I'm wending my way to the Colosseum all lit up at night, or feeling the coolness of the Pantheon's interior on a clear spring day. Roma reflects the invigorating excitement and opulence of the eternally ancient city whose name it shares. Brava, Ms Biagiotti!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am not exactly sure why I barely hear raves about Roma especially since it is a gorgeous ambery, oriental with a beautiful powdery drydown. I'm very thankful to a kindhearted and lovely MUA'er, who shared a decant of this with me. Otherwise, I would never have found out about this wonderful scent! Perfect for evenings and is definitely suited for fall and winter.
For those of you looking for a great bargain, I've seen this deeply discounted at scentiments.com.
Top notes:bergamot, black currant and mint.
Middle notes: carnation, jasmine and rose
Base notes: civet, patchouli and vanilla.
continued >>