Laura Biagiotti - Roma

Filtered by age: 30-35
 Laura Biagiotti - Roma

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have just bought a mini size of the EDT based on reviews here (got it at sasa.com). I'm giving it 5 because I think it's one of the most unique fragrances I've owned. I am not great at describing fragrance notes but on first application I get a gorgeous hit of citrus - it's not too sharp though. It is tempered by other fragrance notes (I think it's probably jasmine and vanilla). Not all perfumes start out so welcoming but this one really does! It eventually fades into a lovely sort of "floriental" but I can still detect that beautiful grapefruitiness that sucked me in at the beginning. Some may find it dries down a bit powdery but I really like it. It's sublte enough for the office and suits springtime in my mind. It makes me think of sunshine and oranges. Would love to get my hands on a parfum version!

I was so totally surprised to read this review! Roma was my all time favorite fragrance back when it first came out. I thought I was so super sophisticated wearing it. I haven't smelled it for such a long time and wasn't even sure that they even made it anymore. After reading the review below, I remember how many compliments I got when I did wear it. Now, I'm motivated to look for it again to see if I'm fond of it as I was back in the day :D

on 8/16/2007 9:30:00 AM

I like this perfume, but it's a little too "old" for me. Brings back old memories and feels a little too mature for me even though I like it on other women.

Somehow I cannot not appreciate this Laura Biagiotti fragrance... but it also gave me a pretty nasty headache... same thing with my sister, and my friend... seems to give that nasty headache all around... the smell is pretty nice otherwise if the headache does not get to you 1st

on 5/26/2006 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this has been discontinued. It is dirt cheap so stock up. I got this unsniffed and it's amazing. Sexy, rich and a little sweet(in a good way not a foody sweet). Great for the warmer months.

on 5/12/2006 11:30:00 PM

I have had a love affair with this perfume since high school. One of my dear friends from Rome (I know, too convenient) sent me a mini, and I became obsessed. It was not yet available in the US, or at least in my home town, so I had to wait until I actually went back to Italy to get more. Perhaps the fact that it was new, and so many women in Rome were actually wearing it, fixed the (very literal) association between name of fragrance and city. To this day, it is still at the top of my list. I've never noticed the citrus/bergamot (I love both)...though grapefruit is a distinct possibility... nor do I get the mint; this is creamy amber, balsam, (cedar?), and something floral. (I honestly can't identify the floral, but it's there, part of the overall texture.) The other reviewers who described this as warm and cuddly are dead on. This is a fall/winter perfume; it only works as a summer perfume if you live in the deep south, and have the balmy, heavy night air to complement it. I simply can't praise it enough.

Popular Fragrances