MAC So Chaud

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC So Chaud

4.6

on 5/22/2013 12:36:00 PM

I'm obsessed with rocking orange lips for the past year and this lipstick does not disappoint. This shade is bright, bold, and a great way to rock an orange lip when you don't want a full on orange, but a slightly softer and more wearable colour thanks to the red undertone. The formula is creamy, smooth, and has a matte finish. With the matte finish I always ensure my lips are properly pampered with exfoliation and hydration to avoid the cracked, patchy, and dehydrated lip appearance that mattes can enhance. Wear time is fantastic too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really loving this. Asked for a recommendation when I was at MAC for a matte red lip for skin with very yellow undertones (NC25) and the lovely lady helping me suggested So Chaud. The color pay-off is fantastic. Three swipes of this and it is a dark matte red/orange. I am so yellow toned that this comes off almost brick red on my skin (see the last photo - thus far - in images above. I am pictured, in black, wearing So Chaud in front of a similarly colored wall), but I can see how others would like to wear this toned down as an orange/coral for spring and summer. The lipstick lasted 8+ hours on me, with minimal loss when I ate dinner. I noticed it doesn't come off onto a drinking glass, so this would be perfect for going out, when you don't have a lot of time, or care to make, a lot of touch ups. A little drying, but any matte lipstick will be, and honestly, it wasn't terrible at all. Overall a very nice lipstick. I just wanted to see how it worked for me, so I was just trying it out, but I think I will go back and purchase it this sunday. A perfect go-to fall lip for fair/medium golden skin tones.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Although not as orange as I would like, I do love the colour. It is more red than orange but in the right light, you can really see the orange undertones. Love the way it goes on as well. Great lipstick and colour!

Out of all the MAC lipsticks I own I’d have to say this is my favourite. And the first I purchased! This matte lipstick is the perfect orangey toned red. This makes the lipstick classy but with a slightly modern twist. I would say that So Chaud is one of the creamier mattes and no way near the incredibly matte Ruby Woo. All in all if you’re looking for a modern, slightly unusual red, try this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I think So Chaud is very this spring/summer. It was actually quite hard to find a flattering bright orange. So Chaud is matte, stays all day. MAC has described it well as reddish orange. I don't consider SC red. On my NC20 skin it looks very orange. I get lots of compliments. I prefer reddish orange to curry orange. I line my lips with coral-orange Lasting Sensation by MAC and if I don't feel matte, I use SC under NARS orange Wonder gloss.

I have a new love and it's name is So Chaud. Let me first say that I am fairly pale with slight olive undertones(my mother is native American, father is Irish and German) with green eyes and light brown hair. I have always stayed away from any lipstick as I have somewhat pigmented lips for my complexion and no matter what I put on it always has a reddish look. I was reading a beauty mag and this lipstick was mentioned. I figured I would go try it out. And wow was I won over. It is matte which I love but isn't drying at all. Today is day number 2 wearing it and it hasn't flakes or bled at all. The MAC sa paired it with the lipliner called raud(maybe?) and it's a perfect match. The color isn't overpowering for my pale skin and looks georg! I would imagine it looking fab on darker complexions as well. I would def purchase again

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I was looking for an orange lipstick from mac. Morange and Neon Orange looked WAY to bright and Lady Danger was to red. I was on Makeupgeek when I saw an article "How to Rock Orange Lips' So Chaud was on the list of lipsticks. I saw it and fell in love. Against my better judgment I bought it. While I was waiting for the package to arrive I was having second thoughts. Well, it finally came today and I am thrilled. I lasts forever and it's not to in your face. Don't get me wrong it's a really bright color just more wearable than I was anticipating. I will definitely repurchase.

I LOVE this lipstick. I have fair, warm-toned skin, and this was the absolute perfect orangy red color for me. I actually went to the MAC counter looking for Lady Danger after doing some online research, but they only carried it in the actual MAC stores, and because I was feeling lazy that day, I decided to go with So Chaud, which was recommended by the MUA helping me.

I got home, and fell in love. Paired with Redd liner by MAC, it's absolutely perfect. Like Russian Red, this is a matte color, but I don't find it to be too drying at all, like Ruby Woo can be. I just use a Nivea chapstick (blotted) underneath and it goes it really smoothly and lasts a while (but of course, with any bright color, touch ups are needed through the evening).

I think this is a unique enough color and formula to justify the price tag. I just absolutely love it.

on 11/21/2010 2:01:00 PM

If you like the look of Lady Danger but it doesn't quite work for you then try this! I use Jungle Red by NARS but wanted something less "snow white" for a change. I tried Lady Danger for a while but it just didn't suit my pale skin and made me look too flushed. This is more bright orange red than Lady Danger's coral pink and works brilliantly. If you blot it then it becomes a more subdued orange which looks great in summer. I would definatey recommend!

Last week I did B2M and I wanted to choose Chili but it was out of stock. So I was advised to take "So Chaud" instead. Now I love it! I suggest to peel the lipps before you use it. Its not so orange like it looks and I guess with light skin and the green eyes it really looks fantastic, if you like to wear a powerful warm matte-look red.The best thing is, that it doesn´t dries the lips like other matte lipsticks. Otherwise you must use a little bit of gloss or balm. The colour lasts fantastic even after cleaning my lips there are still some colour pigments left.