MAC Cosmetics So Chaud

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
MAC Cosmetics So Chaud

4.8

I purchased this lipstick like three years ago and i didn't use it a lot until now, i absolutely love this color it's a very bright orange red and it's matte so it makes it very long-lasting! But before you use it make sure to exfoliate your lips and to maintain them hydrated.

on 5/11/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

For the past few weeks I have been DYING to purchase MAC's "Morange" after seeing it featured in a tri with matching lip glaze and nail lacquer. Morange just didn't work for me, I looked down at the "mattes" and saw So Chaud.

It was love at first swipe. Absolutely perfect, smooth application, didn't make it's way to my two front teeth like most lippies do.

So Chaud is Lady Danger's edgier 80's-obsessed cousin that snuck into a Van Halen concert. The orangeness isn't obnoxious, the red tone is so warm.

For a gal with hazel eyes, this sure did bring out the brown in my eyes! I fixied up my eyebrows with my black Typographic e/s (shh! ... tsk tsk..) to finish the look and applied a little mineralized coral blush.

To me, this is a retro/vintagey lip colour. Something to be seen in "I Love Lucy", something Wilma Flintstone would rock, maybe Joanie from MadMen would sport this with her up-do..

If you're really digging this but are feeling intimidated by the orangeness, ease yourself into it - apply a liner underneath and allover before the So Chaud.. keep a very natural/neutral look with the cheeks and eyes.. apply some highlighter into the cupid's bow to avoid that "shadowy" look on the upper lip :-)

I proudly paid for today's lipstick in quarters and toonies.. Payday can't be every day.

on 2/4/2012 10:03:00 AM

The orange-red matte lip seems to be this winter and spring's color of the moment and So Chaud is a great way to easily achieve it. Morange (which I wear) is straight-out orange, which you either love or hate. Lady Danger (which I also wear and like) is a heavier red-orange, deeper and a little on the retro side - very much of a statement lipstick. So Chaud is just a touch lighter than LD in both color and texture, more carefree. It better captures the modern version of this color that's being shown everywhere. And obviously as a matte, it has durability. I apply it without liner, without gloss. I'm NW25 but I think this combo of orange/red/coral would have universal appeal.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I am NC45 and I love the way it brings the glow out of my skin and it goes great with Chickory (sp?) lipliner.

on 5/15/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

A repurchase and always used lipstick for the last decade!

perfect red orange -- perfect texture (use balm underneath)....

I will always use it no matter what color hair I have!

on 10/20/2004 4:16:00 PM

This colour looks like a bright orange in the tube. I have a warmer complexion and usually wear Chili and Marrakesh by Mac. However, they lack that real 'orange' punch. THis colour has everything I'm looking for. I wear it with Chicory liner - it dulls the brightness (as noted by the reviewer before me) and it looks very sexy when you pair it with Sincere blush. I'm considering this as my new holy grail lipstick. I've always wanted a 'signature' look that's different from what everyone has - and this lipstick accomplishes that need.