MAC So Chaud

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC So Chaud

4.8

This is my go to spring/summer shade. I love this shade so much, truly compliments my nc40 skin tone.

When I wear this I always get compliments.

It goes on smoothly and does not dry my lips out.

on 12/18/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I picked this up earlier from MAC when I went in looking for the perfect red for my skin tone and the artist suggested it. She called it coral ish and it does have an orange hint, but I would say it is more red than anything. It was $15 and I got a similarly shaded liner for $16. The lipstick is labeled as matte. It has a very dry feel on the lips, but I love the matte look for lips. Make sure you moisturizer your lips first! My skin is NC 15 in winter, NC20-30 when tan in summer. This looks sooo perfect with my skin!

on 5/22/2013 12:36:00 PM

I'm obsessed with rocking orange lips for the past year and this lipstick does not disappoint. This shade is bright, bold, and a great way to rock an orange lip when you don't want a full on orange, but a slightly softer and more wearable colour thanks to the red undertone. The formula is creamy, smooth, and has a matte finish. With the matte finish I always ensure my lips are properly pampered with exfoliation and hydration to avoid the cracked, patchy, and dehydrated lip appearance that mattes can enhance. Wear time is fantastic too.

on 1/4/2013 6:05:00 PM

So Chaud is a red orange lipstick. It is great for those who want an orange lipstick but not as bright as Morange l/s. It is rather bold and has a matte finish so major lip exfoliation is necessary. I make it brown girl friendly by pairing and blending it with a brown lip liner like Chestnut. I wear this with a dark brown smokey eye or with a dark grey smokey eye to make it more modern. This color is quite long lasting too.

My god. I absolutely LOVE this lipstick. I own quite a few red-ish lipsticks such as Mac's Russian Red, Ruby Woo, and Chili (though this one definitely leans more orange), and amongst all of them, I reach for So Chaud the most. For reference, I am Chinese with medium-tan skin with yellow undertones (NC 40/42), and this lipstick looks phenomenal on. The formula is matte, so it is a bit more drying than regular lipsticks, but with that comes the longer staying power. This stuff even lasts pretty damn well through a meal too! Granted, that's with me being careful about not getting greasy food all over my lips, but still, the lasting power on this kicks ass. I highly recommend this lipstick if you're looking to experiment with a bold new lip color, as this isn't for the faint of heart! However, if you want to try out orange like Morange, but don't know if a full-on orange lip is for you, then this is an awesome alternative. Definitely more wearable than Morange, in my opinion. This lipstick is fiyaahhh ladies!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you are looking for that perfect on trend orange red then this is it. This is matte finish, has amazing staying power and is super super gorgeous. Not as orange as morange and more orange than ruby woo. It's perfect on fair skin with slightly yellow undertones and really pops against blue eyes. Go check this shade out....it's so hot!

on 2/12/2012 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My new love! I chose this as my back-to-mac purchase. It is beautiful and striking on my NW45 complexion. At first when you put it on it is orange but calms down to a bright vintage-like red. Well, on me anyway. I would definitely purchase this again though I doubt I'll ever need to. Lasts for ages. Even through eating and drinking. I've been doing statement lips lately and I'm glad I added this to my arsenal.

on 12/12/2011 9:34:00 AM

I really really like it! It's a great bold orange red shade on my NC25 skin. It lasts SUPER long too (aka I ate tons of pasta)! and it was wonderfully intact (with the right lipliner/blotting etc) My favorite way of wearing this is actually not straight on. I actually just really like mixing this with a nude color. I dab this over my foundation to get the prettiest strawberry-orange color! :) 2 lipsticks in one!

Last week I did B2M and I wanted to choose Chili but it was out of stock. So I was advised to take "So Chaud" instead. Now I love it! I suggest to peel the lipps before you use it. Its not so orange like it looks and I guess with light skin and the green eyes it really looks fantastic, if you like to wear a powerful warm matte-look red.The best thing is, that it doesn´t dries the lips like other matte lipsticks. Otherwise you must use a little bit of gloss or balm. The colour lasts fantastic even after cleaning my lips there are still some colour pigments left.

on 5/24/2010 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I went to my Mac pro store because I really wanted an orange lipstick since they seem to really be on the runway this season and also because of the girl on the pret a pepier collection. So I went looking for Morange thinking that was a really bright orange. Well it is , too bright. Its like neon or something. So then I spotted so chaud and tried it on with a chroma line pencil in basic red as a lipliner and it looked fantastic. Its perfect for that summer bright orange look with out being to scary or over powering. Trust me you will not be sorry. I am surprised this lipstick isn't more popular.

Popular Lipsticks