MAC Cosmetics So Chaud

Filtered by skin type : Oily
MAC Cosmetics So Chaud

4.4

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Let me start by saying this is the perfect red lipstick for my NC40 skintone. That being said, it's not an actual red...lol. It's actually a very vivid orange red that just looks gorgeous on warm toned gals who have a hard time wearing the typical "true reds" that are blue based and tend to make warm tones look sick and/or washed out. The color payoff is excellent. But since it is a very vivid intense color I could maybe see where this color isn't for everyone but if you're NC30 or above and have a hard time finding a red lippie I suggest trying this. This is my signature red lippie and I always feel super sexy and sophisticated when I wear it.

on 8/27/2014 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Let’s keep the price factor aside (as all the MAC products are on the high price range) what we must look out is if the product is giving you that utmost satisfaction for the price that have to you pay for. Judge a LIPSTICK on the no. of compliments you get ..........as rightly said by………… me ;) ;)
So talking about this fabulous shade SO CHAUD what shall I say..... if you have a medium warm skin tone like mine this is the perfect shade of orange you will ever find (I wonder why many people say it’s a shade of red???) Anyways, So Chaud is kind of that neonish orange color that you can wear it as is or if you feel like you can tone it down by adding a red color lipstick as a base and then apply this one on top.
It another such color that I am sure I will purchase again…………….not kidding!!

on 12/18/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I picked this up earlier from MAC when I went in looking for the perfect red for my skin tone and the artist suggested it. She called it coral ish and it does have an orange hint, but I would say it is more red than anything. It was $15 and I got a similarly shaded liner for $16. The lipstick is labeled as matte. It has a very dry feel on the lips, but I love the matte look for lips. Make sure you moisturizer your lips first! My skin is NC 15 in winter, NC20-30 when tan in summer. This looks sooo perfect with my skin!

on 10/24/2013 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Such a PERFECT RED! Bcos the regular red doesn't suit everyone like myself. It has like a hint of orange. It makes any outfit pop! So amazing must buy

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Definitely bold and bright, darker girls if you feel this is too bright, try chili, it's toned down but still packs an orange punch. If you dare to be bold try so chaud. Absolutely gorgeous on deeper toned girls. Definitely a shade that can look too intense under macs notoriously horrid lighting. Bring it home and see that it's actually gorgeous nw50

on 7/17/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Gosh I wish Mac's packaging was more sexy fun like their amazing colors : ( But with that said MAC So Chaud is a BRIGHT Matte Red lipstick. I can wear this in the fall because it is matte. It does have a orange undertone so you might want to line your lips with a red lip liner first. I am a true LOVER of Red lipstick so I am very precise when looking for the best red. This is not for the shy.... It is a true attention grabber which I LOVE : )

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you're lookin for a red-orange type lipstick that will last all day or night this is what you're looking for. Ill put it on at 12:45 PM and it'll still be on at 8:30 PM without reapplying even after eating. The color is perfect for spring or summer. I get compliments everytime I wear it. I just can't get enough. Ill be buying this lipstick till the day I die!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I am NC45 and I love the way it brings the glow out of my skin and it goes great with Chickory (sp?) lipliner.

on 2/21/2010 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

A good lipstick for warmer skin toned people. This color is not your typical red. It is a warm red with a definite orange undertone to it. When on my lips, it is bold, brazen yet polished. I can wear this during the day, using a lip brush to apply the color lightly as it has the tendency to be a bit too vivid if swiped directly from the tube. Done this way, it looks more like a lipstain than a lipstick and gives that gorgeous wash of color. Top it off with a clear lip gloss and I'm good to go. I mostly use this during the night when going out as I can wear it full force and yet not look clownish. It's a matte so it's a bit drying and hard to apply sometimes. I use a lip balm underneath to facilitate ease of application. The best part is the staying power. Even after eating and drinking throughout the day, I am still left with a slight tint/wash of color on my lips.