MAC Cosmetics So Chaud

4.3

on 12/18/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I picked this up earlier from MAC when I went in looking for the perfect red for my skin tone and the artist suggested it. She called it coral ish and it does have an orange hint, but I would say it is more red than anything. It was $15 and I got a similarly shaded liner for $16. The lipstick is labeled as matte. It has a very dry feel on the lips, but I love the matte look for lips. Make sure you moisturizer your lips first! My skin is NC 15 in winter, NC20-30 when tan in summer. This looks sooo perfect with my skin!

on 5/22/2013 12:36:00 PM

I'm obsessed with rocking orange lips for the past year and this lipstick does not disappoint. This shade is bright, bold, and a great way to rock an orange lip when you don't want a full on orange, but a slightly softer and more wearable colour thanks to the red undertone. The formula is creamy, smooth, and has a matte finish. With the matte finish I always ensure my lips are properly pampered with exfoliation and hydration to avoid the cracked, patchy, and dehydrated lip appearance that mattes can enhance. Wear time is fantastic too.

on 5/19/2012 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

AWESOME!!! I usually don't go for bright lipstick - tried Girl About Town and hated it. This is so different. It's a gorgeous color. Yesterday I applied it with a brush and blot it down a little - added some dazzle glass - stayed amazing while I worked for 7 hours!!!! (I didn't eat anything) I am NC15/NW20, light blonde hair and blue eyes for reference.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you are looking for that perfect on trend orange red then this is it. This is matte finish, has amazing staying power and is super super gorgeous. Not as orange as morange and more orange than ruby woo. It's perfect on fair skin with slightly yellow undertones and really pops against blue eyes. Go check this shade out....it's so hot!

on 5/11/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

For the past few weeks I have been DYING to purchase MAC's "Morange" after seeing it featured in a tri with matching lip glaze and nail lacquer. Morange just didn't work for me, I looked down at the "mattes" and saw So Chaud.

It was love at first swipe. Absolutely perfect, smooth application, didn't make it's way to my two front teeth like most lippies do.

So Chaud is Lady Danger's edgier 80's-obsessed cousin that snuck into a Van Halen concert. The orangeness isn't obnoxious, the red tone is so warm.

For a gal with hazel eyes, this sure did bring out the brown in my eyes! I fixied up my eyebrows with my black Typographic e/s (shh! ... tsk tsk..) to finish the look and applied a little mineralized coral blush.

To me, this is a retro/vintagey lip colour. Something to be seen in "I Love Lucy", something Wilma Flintstone would rock, maybe Joanie from MadMen would sport this with her up-do..

If you're really digging this but are feeling intimidated by the orangeness, ease yourself into it - apply a liner underneath and allover before the So Chaud.. keep a very natural/neutral look with the cheeks and eyes.. apply some highlighter into the cupid's bow to avoid that "shadowy" look on the upper lip :-)

I proudly paid for today's lipstick in quarters and toonies.. Payday can't be every day.

Out of all the MAC lipsticks I own Id have to say this is my favourite. And the first I purchased! This matte lipstick is the perfect orangey toned red. This makes the lipstick classy but with a slightly modern twist. I would say that So Chaud is one of the creamier mattes and no way near the incredibly matte Ruby Woo. All in all if youre looking for a modern, slightly unusual red, try this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I think So Chaud is very this spring/summer. It was actually quite hard to find a flattering bright orange. So Chaud is matte, stays all day. MAC has described it well as reddish orange. I don't consider SC red. On my NC20 skin it looks very orange. I get lots of compliments. I prefer reddish orange to curry orange. I line my lips with coral-orange Lasting Sensation by MAC and if I don't feel matte, I use SC under NARS orange Wonder gloss.

on 12/22/2010 2:56:00 AM

For me, with my brown hair/eyes and NC15 skintone, this l/s was incredibly garish. Admittedly, it is a nice colour, but when I put it on...urgh! More orange than red, I think it would work better on slightly darker skintones than mine. The formula is nice, so thats a bonus. But for me, this was unworkable.

on 11/21/2010 2:01:00 PM

If you like the look of Lady Danger but it doesn't quite work for you then try this! I use Jungle Red by NARS but wanted something less "snow white" for a change. I tried Lady Danger for a while but it just didn't suit my pale skin and made me look too flushed. This is more bright orange red than Lady Danger's coral pink and works brilliantly. If you blot it then it becomes a more subdued orange which looks great in summer. I would definatey recommend!

on 10/31/2010 9:24:00 AM

Ok so i bought this because i loved the colour and thought that if i tried hard enough, it would work for me. Fail, fail, fail. Im somewhere between NC15-20 and this looks really awful on me. Its an orangy-red matte lipstick. Like most MAC mattes, this one is drying. Wish I could pull it off, but a waste of money for me im afraid!