MAC So Chaud

MAC So Chaud

4.5

on 5/25/2011 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I feel like this lipstick needs a tagline with it, "Be a hot girl without looking like a hot mess" or maybe something catchier im not in advertising lol but this lipstick NEEDS to be in every olive/tanned girls makeup bag its that good. Its a bold in your face wearable orange that attracts guys and girls like magnets even the occasional geezer or two.

on 7/7/2010 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can't get enough of So Chaud. It's my perfect, favourite 'red' ever. I say 'red', because although it is in the red family (and if pushed, that's the colour I'd go for), it has an unusual orange/coral base that means its stays bright and fresh rather than being a true, blood red. As a result I feel more comfortable wearing this out during the day than I do, say, Russian Red, because this has enough coral in it to keep it from becoming full-on vamp lips. (I am very pale with blonde hair, so a true red can look overwhelming on me, and the warm, light undertones of So Chaud really flatter my colouring). Nonetheless this colour still has a lot of impact so it's not for the meek!

I also love the formula: MAC mattes stay on longer than their other shades, but still moisturises lips nicely and doesn't dry out. A matte lip is also much more classic, which works perfectly for such a stand out colour as this. I like MAC's packaging a lot and for me the price is worth it since a little goes a long way, and it's a fairly unique colour.

on 2/4/2012 10:03:00 AM

The orange-red matte lip seems to be this winter and spring's color of the moment and So Chaud is a great way to easily achieve it. Morange (which I wear) is straight-out orange, which you either love or hate. Lady Danger (which I also wear and like) is a heavier red-orange, deeper and a little on the retro side - very much of a statement lipstick. So Chaud is just a touch lighter than LD in both color and texture, more carefree. It better captures the modern version of this color that's being shown everywhere. And obviously as a matte, it has durability. I apply it without liner, without gloss. I'm NW25 but I think this combo of orange/red/coral would have universal appeal.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have never even heard of or looked at this lipstick before today. I was looking at Morange and glanced over... I thought it looked like a persimmon orange in the store, but on my hand it was a beautiful matte coral orange red. So retro and still a cool shade to have. If you don't want a bright orange but want something more wearable this is it. It appears to be bright to most people, but it can be very sheer if you just dab it on and use a sheer gloss over that. With the matte lipsticks you don't need a liner most of the time. This is my new favorite shade for the Summer and well into the rest of the year. Update: 11/10/11 I recently found a dupe for this shade with Sula. It's called "Awake Till Sunrise", and it's just as pigmented with a slightly creamy finish. The MAC mattes get a lot of negative feedback, but they last the longest and can be sheered down or used with any balm and gloss. To me they are the best investment in the MAC brand and last far longer than any of the other finishes. If you treat your lips daily then you shouldn't have issues with these drying your lips.

on 3/20/2008 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So Chaud is an absolutely gorgeous bright orangey-red matte shade. I also agree that it's a definite summer shade, but having said that, it's good all year-round. Although it may not look versatile, I think it would suit a number of colourings. I'm NW25, blue eyes, brown hair, and it looks great on me, and it looked great when I was a blonde too. So Chaud can be worn as a full-on block of colour (although the Matte formula can be drying), a stain or with some gloss over the top. I can't see it working very well with cool-toned blushes but it looks great with warmer blushes such as NARS Exhibit A, Taos, or Alima Apricot blush. Take this lipstick, a smidgen of blush, black winged-out eyeliner and lashings of mascara and you'll be sex on legs.

So Chaud strikes me as a toned-down, slightly more orange version of Lady Danger (but So Chaud is still quite bold) that looks nice against my pale, yellow-toned skin. So Chaud also has great color pay-off. The only slightly bothersome thing about it is that it seems rather drying and accentuates any chapping on my lips, but that's the case with all matte reds and oranges. This is a great red for anyone with warmer skintones.

on 2/12/2012 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My new love! I chose this as my back-to-mac purchase. It is beautiful and striking on my NW45 complexion. At first when you put it on it is orange but calms down to a bright vintage-like red. Well, on me anyway. I would definitely purchase this again though I doubt I'll ever need to. Lasts for ages. Even through eating and drinking. I've been doing statement lips lately and I'm glad I added this to my arsenal.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Let me start by saying this is the perfect red lipstick for my NC40 skintone. That being said, it's not an actual red...lol. It's actually a very vivid orange red that just looks gorgeous on warm toned gals who have a hard time wearing the typical "true reds" that are blue based and tend to make warm tones look sick and/or washed out. The color payoff is excellent. But since it is a very vivid intense color I could maybe see where this color isn't for everyone but if you're NC30 or above and have a hard time finding a red lippie I suggest trying this. This is my signature red lippie and I always feel super sexy and sophisticated when I wear it.

on 5/12/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my perfect colour.
I am really picky on reds, because the whole world seems to look good in a blue-based "true" red, while I just look washed out and really gross. It's one of those things when it just doesn't look right and you can't quite put your finger on it.
So I tried 'Lady Danger', but that still was too pink. Then I got suggested 'So Chaud', and it's super orange, but more people should being trying it out. A more orange based red looks better on people with a more olive or gold undertone in their skin like me.
This lipstick, like most MAC's, is amazingggg, and the colour makes me so happy every time I put it on.

on 5/11/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

For the past few weeks I have been DYING to purchase MAC's "Morange" after seeing it featured in a tri with matching lip glaze and nail lacquer. Morange just didn't work for me, I looked down at the "mattes" and saw So Chaud.

It was love at first swipe. Absolutely perfect, smooth application, didn't make it's way to my two front teeth like most lippies do.

So Chaud is Lady Danger's edgier 80's-obsessed cousin that snuck into a Van Halen concert. The orangeness isn't obnoxious, the red tone is so warm.

For a gal with hazel eyes, this sure did bring out the brown in my eyes! I fixied up my eyebrows with my black Typographic e/s (shh! ... tsk tsk..) to finish the look and applied a little mineralized coral blush.

To me, this is a retro/vintagey lip colour. Something to be seen in "I Love Lucy", something Wilma Flintstone would rock, maybe Joanie from MadMen would sport this with her up-do..

If you're really digging this but are feeling intimidated by the orangeness, ease yourself into it - apply a liner underneath and allover before the So Chaud.. keep a very natural/neutral look with the cheeks and eyes.. apply some highlighter into the cupid's bow to avoid that "shadowy" look on the upper lip :-)

I proudly paid for today's lipstick in quarters and toonies.. Payday can't be every day.

Popular Lipsticks