Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal - Elizabeth Pink [DISCONTINUED]

Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal - Elizabeth Pink [DISCONTINUED]
Pure Color Crystal - Elizabeth Pink [DISCONTINUED]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful neutral pink, and I adore the color, but I can't rate this highly for two reasons: The color only lasts about 20 minutes, and I swear I've had my tube for two weeks and it's disintegrating. It keeps mushing and crumbling and running, and I've never seen anything like it. I agree with a previous reviewer, that I can't believe EL is selling something this bad.

on 6/10/2008 5:00:00 PM

This is a GREAT looking color, unfortunately it does not last. I put it on before I head out the door, and drive 15 minutes to work and when I get in the door at work it is GONE! This has NO staying power at all, I don't understand how EL can sell this, they should've redid the formula already because there is no staying power at all.

on 2/4/2007 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried a lot of lipsticks, and this is THE WORST lipstick. It does not apply evenly; it gets kind of clumpy as it goes on, and it is not emollient at all. It sort of "floats" on top of your lips in thick uneven layers. The color itself is very nice, but the absolutely atrocious consistency was very surprising for a department store lipstick. Also, you go through the tube very quickly. I would give it a 0 star if I could. I should've returned it to Nordstrom. Don't waste your money of this awful stuff. UPDATE: 6/5/07: I finally dumped this in the trash bin after being disgusted at how clumpy it goes on my lips. I kept it for an hour or so in my pocket, and when I tried applying it, as it's going on my lips, it sort of dissolved into big clumps both on the tube and my lips. I normally never throw away unfinished lipsticks, but I could not tolerate its horrid texture. Never again Estee Lauder!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

Elizabeth pink is actualy Crystal Baby under a new name. Same shade. ( I used to work for el) Like most Lauder lipsticks they fall apart and have that awful fig smell to them. This is a light nice pink, dont expect coverage or long wearing since its in the Crystal family where all the lipsticks are sheer and not long wearing, try Electric or Pure Color long lasting if you want that. This is really only a good shade if you are very pale or use a nice lipliner underneath. But since I tend not to use lipliner I like a lipstick I can slap on and go and get color and this is not it.

on 1/14/2005 4:26:00 PM

While this is a nice shade of muted, flattering light pink, it's not what it appears to be. I guess it's my fault for not trying a tester before buying. I saw the beautiful silvery shimmery pink and bought it immediately. I was very disappointed when I got home to find that the shimmer is only coated on the outside of the lipstick (not the packaging - the lipstick itself)...not infused throughout. I have no idea why they did that. Anyway, it's not what I expected, but it is a nice shade of pink. I really wanted the color on the outside of the lipstick itself, not the creamy, non-shimmery shade it turned out to be. I agree with the person below about the larger than necessary lipstick packaging.

on 11/2/2004 4:22:00 PM

It is for a good cause, but I don't really like the color that much. I thought it looked similar to Crystal Rose which I love, but on it was not as nice.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this color. I've had this lipstick for a few years now and had forgotten about it. EL lipsticks have a weird scent to me...that's the main problem I have with their entire line of lipsticks. The texture and creaminess of this is just perfect. I absolutely love this color. It's so natural. Not too pink, not to beige or too warm....love it

on 8/14/2010 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

REVISED 7/22/2012

I originally wrote a negative review for this product. I had trouble getting an even application, and it tended to sink into the fine lines on my lips.

I now realize that the problem was my lips, and not the product. Apparently, my lips were dry and dehydrated, and I hadn't realized it.

I now apply lip balm religiously every night, and I wear this lipstick over a coat of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream (stick). It goes on beautifully and it's a nice color, too. Very creamy, with a nice sheen. It is now one of my go-to lip shades. I use it with my Chanel lipliner in Mordore/Nude.

This was my first lipstick as a teenager, and I still love it to this day. It is the perfect natural pink and the formulation is creamy, but not so much so that it melts off your lips. Unfortunately, the smell is almost unbearable to me, which is the only downfall of this lipstick.

on 8/1/2009 5:11:00 PM

The color, a subtly shimmery, glossy, peachy pink, compliments most ALL skin tones.

It looks good by itself and minimal other makeup, and it's also a good compliment to more dramatic eyes. The texture is super hydrating and the smell is good compared to other lipsticks.

Took off one lippie because my first one melted! The stick is prone to instability and melting. The color is gorgeous but it does not stay put for very long.