Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal - Elizabeth Pink [DISCONTINUED]

Pure Color Crystal - Elizabeth Pink [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this color. I've had this lipstick for a few years now and had forgotten about it. EL lipsticks have a weird scent to me...that's the main problem I have with their entire line of lipsticks. The texture and creaminess of this is just perfect. I absolutely love this color. It's so natural. Not too pink, not to beige or too warm....love it

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

YES! I'd been searching for a non-shimmery yet somewhat sheer lipstick to pair with my everyday look (modern cat eyes, a hint of blush). I'd been looking for "the perfect nude;" throughout my journey, I came to realize that most "nudes" are either too dark or too corpse-like, too brown or too orange for me (light/medium golden complexion, hazel green eyes and light brown hair... with lips that are more of a pale pink with a bluey peach tone, not a trace of brown or red). I realized that what might fit my criteria more would be a very natural-looking, pretty peachy-pink. This lippie is sheer enough to look natural, fresh, and modern, but pigmented enough to make it a real MLBB shade. I don't mind that it isn't super long-lasting, because I prefer a creamy, moisturizing texture that demands frequent re-application to drier, more long-lasting formulas. The tube is cute enough that I don't mind whipping it out, either. :) Would definitely repurchase.

on 7/30/2006 11:59:00 PM

I used to love Crystal Baby, and it looks like this is the replacement. The color is beautiful on - medium pink that looks like YLBB - without the brown tones that so many "nude" lipsticks have. I think the bulky packaging is annoying, but having the color on the outside of the tube makes it easier to find in my drawers. Nice glossy pink for a good cause!

on 10/12/2005 3:40:00 AM

This is a fabulous lipstick. The colour is great - a lovely, girly pink. I think the Pure Colour lipsticks *smell* really nice, too. For my own taste, I wish the colour were just a little bit darker; that is why it only has 4 lippies. Although, it is great to layer over a darker hue.

Liz Hurley and I have very similar colouring. I'm brunette fair and have green eyes as opposed to blue, but I do find this lipstick looks good on me. Its really pretty with a coating of silvery pink sparkles on the outside, but the core colour is a soft petal rose.

on 2/27/2005 12:32:00 PM

This is a lovely, light pink nude that is totally my kind of color. I'm not surprised I like this one because my coloring is very similar to Ms. Hurley, though god knows she is a million times better looking. This shade is sheer and doesn't last long but makes my lips look very sensual, full and pouty. No, the glitter is only on the outside of the lipstick, but I am personally glad about that otherwise this lippie would be a sparkling platinum color. This lippie looks very natural and pretty on and I would def. buy it again except I think it was LE (?) I can no longer find it at stores or on EL's website. That would be just my luck.

on 1/14/2005 4:26:00 PM

While this is a nice shade of muted, flattering light pink, it's not what it appears to be. I guess it's my fault for not trying a tester before buying. I saw the beautiful silvery shimmery pink and bought it immediately. I was very disappointed when I got home to find that the shimmer is only coated on the outside of the lipstick (not the packaging - the lipstick itself)...not infused throughout. I have no idea why they did that. Anyway, it's not what I expected, but it is a nice shade of pink. I really wanted the color on the outside of the lipstick itself, not the creamy, non-shimmery shade it turned out to be. I agree with the person below about the larger than necessary lipstick packaging.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really expected this to be a Crystal Baby type of color, but I actually like this one better. It's a neutral light pink that has such a nice shine to it. It's overlaid with a silver shimmer with the Elizabeth Pink embossed in the side. It's really a pretty color. I'm not too fond of the larger-than-necessary EL Pure Color packaging, but the lipstick itself is just too nice.

on 11/2/2004 4:22:00 PM

It is for a good cause, but I don't really like the color that much. I thought it looked similar to Crystal Rose which I love, but on it was not as nice.