Stila Starfruit Lip Glaze

Stila Starfruit Lip Glaze
No Title

4.3

on 2/17/2014 6:14:00 PM

I got this as part of a gift set from Sephora. It is a very nice medium pink with shimmer. Smells lovely, isn't sticky and appears to have good staying power. I am wearing it over MAC Viva Glam V and it also looked good over Viva Glam III.

Love this shade - a warm pink with a slight peachiness. I can see tiny golden shimmers in the tube, but don't really detect them on my lips. Decent colour pay off for a gloss and I love that it isn't too heavy or sticky/gluey like some brands (you listening, MAC?!) Refreshing fruity smell upon application which I find dissipates quite quickly - but I can take or leave scent in my lip products, so that's not a problem. I have mixed feelings about the applicator - I love applying gloss with a brush, so it ticks that box for me, but I hate that the twist mechanism is difficult to control so is time-consuming and wasteful. One lippie off for the outrageous price - a whole lot of plastic, and very little actual gloss for your 15 (UK).
Nevertheless, I'm finding myself relying more and more on my Lip Glazes for day wear - and this shade will be a definite repurchase.

I got the 8 piece set for Christmas and this was my first pick to try on. I didn't realize the color was so warm in the tube, it looked pretty neutral and pink. This is workable on my crazy cool complexion, but it makes my teeth look a bit yellowish :( Still, it's a very pretty and versatile color, and it seems to be a bit more pigmented than some of the others.
The formula is absolutely divine, I'm so glad I got a whole set!

on 11/20/2009 3:53:00 PM

I was looking forward to using this lipglaze since the reviews are so good, and I accumulated two of these - one from the mini trio from Sephora and the other from 2009 holiday collection. I was a little worried because i don't usually use coral lipstick/l/g - I am more of a plum/berry person.
But this went on lovely, not orangy at all, just juicy luscious lips. It is now my second favorite glaze (after raisin)

on 2/28/2009 1:43:00 AM

This may be my favorite gloss color ever. A golden peach that looks so good against fair skin. It has the just the right amount of pigment for me. The texture is thick and sticky, but it has pretty good staying power. Unfortunately, I hate the Lip Glaze packaging, but I will deal with it for this gloss.

on 10/3/2008 11:54:00 AM

I'm very fair skinned (NC 15) with light golden blond hair/eyebrows/lashes. I like a natural look and this color looks fantastic on me. A very natural, slightly coral, MLBB gloss with a hint of shimmer. I get so many compliments when I wear it. It works very well with my coloring. My only criticism is that it's extremely glossy and while I don't mind a heavily glossed look for evening, it's not my preference for daytime. Feels too sticky and obvious for my liking, but I love this gloss when the high shine wears off a bit. My preference is to eventually find a stila color just like this (sheer, some shimmer) but without the goopiness (I've yet to try the glaze formulation in this color -- soon).

Overall, I love this color and I don't mind the twist applicator (not my favorite but I can live with it). Stila's lip colors are very, very wearable. I will definitely buy again.

This was a gift, so I can't really comment about the price, although I'm sure it's high. I really loved the color &thick lasting texture of this gloss. The smell is pleasant also. However, I do not like the applicator. Plus, there is very little product &it lasted me about two weeks. I have a feeling that I will buy this again, though. It is just such a gorgeous color.

on 8/22/2006 6:21:00 AM

Starfruit is my first Lip Glaze. Gorgeus color, it's a warm pink with a hint of coral in it.
I like the applicator, the brush is great. It very glossy, I like. It's thicker than most other l/g I've tried. The pen is easy to use. I wish there was a little more product though. Good staying power. I will definitely try more lip glazes, that's for sure!

on 8/1/2006 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The color of this gloss is so pretty a corally pink w/ shimmer, I thought I would love it - unfortunately I do not. The color is okay on but not great, after I have had this on for a couple of minutes the gloss gets kinda dull looking. I would not repurchase.

on 12/21/2005 3:11:00 PM

This is a perfect MLBB color on me. It's a bit shimmery, but not over the top. I wear this all the time. I actually got my first tube(?) of this in this year's Grand Collection, which is a good thing, because it's definitely not a color I would have chosen on my own. I'm on my second one now and I'll definitely buy it again.