Stila Starfruit Lip Glaze

Stila Starfruit Lip Glaze
No Title

4.3

on 5/17/2006 8:10:00 AM

My favourite lipgloss. I had an feeling from the moment that I saw the tube that it would be great and it is perfect for me. A MLBB (I don't believe in YLBB since we all have different lips). For record I am a PPP with pretty neutral colouring. I tend to lean more towards cooler lip products and warmer eye shadows but I find the colour of starfruit to be quite neutral, perhaps slightly on the warm side.

on 10/3/2004 7:14:00 PM

Star Fruit is my first lip glaze. It's the new and improved lip glaze meaning there's more product for less money. I had always wanted to try them but thought they were over priced so I finally decided to stop being a cheap skate and go for it after the new line came out. There is a substantial amount of gloss in the tube but the price was still 20$. Kind of pricey but worth the money and I'll tell you why:
-The texture is gummy but not sticky. They stayed put and didn't run off like most glosses. They're a lot thicker than I expected which is a good thing.
-The smell is great, stawberry scented and it's unflavored. I hate flavored glosses so I was happy these weren't.
-The color Star Burst is gorgeous. It's a pretty rosey pink. Very girly but when layered over liners it brightens up anything. I also loved the fact that it's very shiny like glass. I'm not into glittery glosses.
-The applicator is awesome, a nice brush applicator and you turn the dial on the bottom and it pushes the gloss on top. I need to get the hang of the dial because I tend to turn it too many times and I get too much gloss.
Overall, I really am impressed with the new lip glazes and I want to buy more.

on 12/29/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Love this stuff! I know that glosses really are not exactly in right now and honestly neither are Stila products but this is my fave MLBB of all time. I wore this everyday for years. It has a warm peachy pink tone that makes your lips look movie star "natural" if that makes any sense. It's that perfect "girl next door" color in every rom-com that you've ever seen. It's a really unique color. I've searched for dupes for years and have never found anything remotely close. If you mix honey, tangerine and a soft rose together you get a close approximation of the color Star Fruit.
I will say the gloss can be a little sticky but it stays. Some people don't like the brush applicator but it doesn't bother me. It's best applied to clean dry lips to avoid it contaminating the gloss/brush. I remove it completely from my lips if I need to reapply to prevent that. It taste fruity/sweet. Over all this color makes my lips look juicy and gives them some depth.
Only con I can really think of is that is hard to find. To get it you must order from the Stila website. I originally received Star Fruit in one of Stila's holiday gift sets at Sephora, but they never carried the single gloss in this particular color. I don't love the price for the amount of product either.
If they made this shade in a matte and satin lipstick, I'd buy all three.

Best taste/smell ever! It has a tropical fruity scent (not necessarily starfruit, which is really puckery), more like passionfruit or mango. Sadly, it doesn't have too much color payoff. I got this in a trio of minis, along with Brown Sugar and Apricot. And Starfruit is the most pigmented of the three. Plus it has that wonky Stila click-click-click... it's not working... click-click... blob applicator. Oh well. I'll use it up just for the flavor.

on 10/30/2009 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Would I buy this again? YES! I've already repurchases this 2 times since May. I absolutely loves this color. I agree with the those that say it's a nice pink color with a hint of apricot. This does seem to be one of the more pigmented lip glazes. It is my go-to lip-glaze when I that perfect hint of pinky/peach color.

on 10/3/2008 11:54:00 AM

I'm very fair skinned (NC 15) with light golden blond hair/eyebrows/lashes. I like a natural look and this color looks fantastic on me. A very natural, slightly coral, MLBB gloss with a hint of shimmer. I get so many compliments when I wear it. It works very well with my coloring. My only criticism is that it's extremely glossy and while I don't mind a heavily glossed look for evening, it's not my preference for daytime. Feels too sticky and obvious for my liking, but I love this gloss when the high shine wears off a bit. My preference is to eventually find a stila color just like this (sheer, some shimmer) but without the goopiness (I've yet to try the glaze formulation in this color -- soon).

Overall, I love this color and I don't mind the twist applicator (not my favorite but I can live with it). Stila's lip colors are very, very wearable. I will definitely buy again.

This gloss is nostalgic. I was twelve years old, on my first ever trip with my parents to Las Vegas, and I stepped into my first sephora at the Veneitan. It was the first high end gloss I ever tried; I chose it for its gorgeous milky ylbb sheer coral shade and its delicious starburst smell. Of course I didn't buy it; what twelve year old buys $20 year old gloss after all? Everytime I stepped into a Sephora since, I always try this gloss again. I am seventeen now and I finally bought my first tube of, and I still love it after all these years. It is really a wonderful pretty unique great shade--I adore it.

on 2/17/2014 6:14:00 PM

I got this as part of a gift set from Sephora. It is a very nice medium pink with shimmer. Smells lovely, isn't sticky and appears to have good staying power. I am wearing it over MAC Viva Glam V and it also looked good over Viva Glam III.

on 11/7/2012 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I received this as an extra in a swap. The first Stila lip product I have tried. It's a nice nude, neutral color. You can wear alone for a casual look or use liner to change it up. Not sticky. Not long lasting.
I do not intend to purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm fairly new to buying and using high end makeup products. I've always just used brands like Revlon or Covergirl until recently. I have heard good things about Stila products and this starfruit lip glaze was my very first Stila purchase ever. I normally never wear gloss of any type on my lips so the whole experience was a new one to me. I have to agree with the majority that the packaging causes you to end up wasting product because its hard to know how many clicks to twist. I do like the scent and color is nice with a subtle hint of shimmeriness. After having it on over the top of my lipstick, I noticed it felt sticky on my lips. A very odd uncomfortable feeling. It made me not want to let my top and bottom lips touch so I did not like that at all. I read some of the reviews on this and a lot said it was not as tacky or sticky as most are. I may just stick to my lipstick only.