Stila Starfruit Lip Glaze

Stila Starfruit Lip Glaze
No Title

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm fairly new to buying and using high end makeup products. I've always just used brands like Revlon or Covergirl until recently. I have heard good things about Stila products and this starfruit lip glaze was my very first Stila purchase ever. I normally never wear gloss of any type on my lips so the whole experience was a new one to me. I have to agree with the majority that the packaging causes you to end up wasting product because its hard to know how many clicks to twist. I do like the scent and color is nice with a subtle hint of shimmeriness. After having it on over the top of my lipstick, I noticed it felt sticky on my lips. A very odd uncomfortable feeling. It made me not want to let my top and bottom lips touch so I did not like that at all. I read some of the reviews on this and a lot said it was not as tacky or sticky as most are. I may just stick to my lipstick only.

on 9/23/2010 10:55:00 AM

This is one of my top 5 products!!!

Best taste/smell ever! It has a tropical fruity scent (not necessarily starfruit, which is really puckery), more like passionfruit or mango. Sadly, it doesn't have too much color payoff. I got this in a trio of minis, along with Brown Sugar and Apricot. And Starfruit is the most pigmented of the three. Plus it has that wonky Stila click-click-click... it's not working... click-click... blob applicator. Oh well. I'll use it up just for the flavor.

on 11/20/2009 3:53:00 PM

I was looking forward to using this lipglaze since the reviews are so good, and I accumulated two of these - one from the mini trio from Sephora and the other from 2009 holiday collection. I was a little worried because i don't usually use coral lipstick/l/g - I am more of a plum/berry person.
But this went on lovely, not orangy at all, just juicy luscious lips. It is now my second favorite glaze (after raisin)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this color! I have to say that after my last Stila lipglaze purchase I didn't think I'd be buying another one because the price seemed to be too expensive for the small amount of product that you get. But I think I have changed my tune now because this gloss stays on for a long time and the color doesn't seem to fade as quickly as other glosses. I purchased Starfruit because the pretty rose/coral is gorgeous on and is just the right amount of color. This will be my new lip gloss MU bag staple! Give this color a try if you are looking for a nude gloss with just a hint of coral. It's a bit pricey, but worth it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I haven't bought one of these in years, but I was looking for a great summer coral color. This is it! I love the color and light shimmer. The scent is not overwhelming, as sometimes they can be too much. The gloss is tacky, and it lasted a couple of hours until lunch. Overall, I am happy with this gloss and would repurchase if I use up.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have two of these lip glaze - one in Starfruit and the other in Papaya and I'm simply in love with these, in terms of packaging, consistency, staying power and finish albeit expensive. Of the 2 colours however, Papaya is a way much prettier colour on my Asian tan colouring and the pretty pink colour stays that way on my lips. On the tube, Papaya looks like a cool pink but to my surpise, it suited my warm colouring very well. Starfruit applies beautifully and has very very slight frost but the colour fades to a dull'ish MLBB stain in no time! I will repurchase Papaya for sure (will be my HG) but not Starfruit.

on 8/24/2005 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love, love,love this color. Perfect YLBB. I know everybody's lips are a different color, but this is my perfect match. A little rosey pink with some nude, and maybe a tiny bit of mauve or plum to give it a bit of pigment. It is a hard color to describe, but worth checking it out. I am a MAC C3, brown hair, hazel eyes, and StarFruit works on me anytime. As a nautral, daytime look, or as a finishing touch to a heavier evening eye look. The lasting power for this gloss is a little better than most, but it is still a gloss, so you know what to expect, although a nude pencil underneath helps.