Studio Gear Cake Liner

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

4.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have trouble with cream and gel liners as they smear and smudge. I like some pencils, but a lot of them tend to wear off and/or smear under my eyes as the day wears on. This is a dry cake liner that works like using wet shadow, but the pigment is more intense and the texture is better for lining so the product doesn't flake or drop into bits like some shadows. To use it, just wet an angled brush, dip it in the pan and the line goes on easily, smoothly and it dries fast, but not so fast that you can't adjust the depth or thickness... it can be a sharp, thin line or a smudged, smokey shadow effect. You can keep blending it while it's still damp for your look du jour. And if you mess up, you can add just a bit more water, and VOILA you can redefine or remove the line instantly. Then, once it fully dries, it stays ON... right where you put it - until YOU decide to remove it...excellent stuff and not overpriced either!

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I love this! I have it in brown and black... I line my eyes, and then take a dampened q-tip to smudge it into the base of my lashes. Awesome.

i had high hopes for this product.. i LOVE lining my eyes with black liner... and i have always used MAC'S eyeshadow in "print" with a liner brush... but i noticed it causes a crease to appear on my upper eyelid. the girl at ULTA told me this cake liner would not budge ALL day, no creases or anything! what she stated is very true and i am pleased with that... but it's a hard product to work with. if you get too much water on your liner brush, it will brush on too pale. if you dont get enough water on your liner brush it will barely brush on. i just think there are a lot better products out there to line my eyes.. so the search will continue!