Studio Gear Cake Liner

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.3

This will be my HG eyeliner!! I've tried gels-after a while they dri up and you get flakes on your face and I feel I don't get my money's worth. I don't like the pencils -they drag across my eye and sometimes hurt. I've tried Laura Mercier's cake eyeliner but I really like the Studio Gear the best. Stays right where you put it and it last all day. It's very dark, nothing to sharpen, product won't dry up and flake off. I would recommend using a good brush. I use a Mac eyeliner brush. I believe this eyeliner was $20 at Ulta.

I wish I could give this product 3.5 lipsticks. I really love the finish and how it looks and it's staying power. However, it's VERY difficult to work with. Don't get it wet enough and there is no pigment and it drags. If you get it too wet, it smears. It's hard to find a happy medium. Plus, it kind of has a smell to it. If you're good at cake liners, I would recommend this. But, if you're not (like me), don't try it .. it's not easy to adjust to.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have trouble with cream and gel liners as they smear and smudge. I like some pencils, but a lot of them tend to wear off and/or smear under my eyes as the day wears on. This is a dry cake liner that works like using wet shadow, but the pigment is more intense and the texture is better for lining so the product doesn't flake or drop into bits like some shadows. To use it, just wet an angled brush, dip it in the pan and the line goes on easily, smoothly and it dries fast, but not so fast that you can't adjust the depth or thickness... it can be a sharp, thin line or a smudged, smokey shadow effect. You can keep blending it while it's still damp for your look du jour. And if you mess up, you can add just a bit more water, and VOILA you can redefine or remove the line instantly. Then, once it fully dries, it stays ON... right where you put it - until YOU decide to remove it...excellent stuff and not overpriced either!