Studio Gear Cake Liner

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.5

I wish I could give this product 3.5 lipsticks. I really love the finish and how it looks and it's staying power. However, it's VERY difficult to work with. Don't get it wet enough and there is no pigment and it drags. If you get it too wet, it smears. It's hard to find a happy medium. Plus, it kind of has a smell to it. If you're good at cake liners, I would recommend this. But, if you're not (like me), don't try it .. it's not easy to adjust to.

I have had a difficult time finding the perfect eyeliner. I found the pencils easier to use, but they always smeared through the day and made my lids look greasy. Wet liner stayed on better, but was hard to handle, always too wet.

I love this cake liner! It stays on so well, and I've found it easy to use...just make sure you don't wet it too much.

It's more expensive than a drug store liner, but not that much considering the better quality.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have trouble with cream and gel liners as they smear and smudge. I like some pencils, but a lot of them tend to wear off and/or smear under my eyes as the day wears on. This is a dry cake liner that works like using wet shadow, but the pigment is more intense and the texture is better for lining so the product doesn't flake or drop into bits like some shadows. To use it, just wet an angled brush, dip it in the pan and the line goes on easily, smoothly and it dries fast, but not so fast that you can't adjust the depth or thickness... it can be a sharp, thin line or a smudged, smokey shadow effect. You can keep blending it while it's still damp for your look du jour. And if you mess up, you can add just a bit more water, and VOILA you can redefine or remove the line instantly. Then, once it fully dries, it stays ON... right where you put it - until YOU decide to remove it...excellent stuff and not overpriced either!

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I love this! I have it in brown and black... I line my eyes, and then take a dampened q-tip to smudge it into the base of my lashes. Awesome.