Bobbi Brown Petal gloss

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a warm peachy-pink with a hint of brown. Warm colors like this usually don't suit me, but because it's a sheer gloss and the color is slightly muted, I can get away with it. I like the color, but the staying power is terrible. Maybe an hour and a half before it disappears. For the price and size, I expected better quality.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful pink gloss. This is my favorite shade of lip gloss and I have many. I have warm, light-med skin tone and this gloss is a perfect shade of mlbb. It also works beautifully with my two favorite BB blushes; nectar and pale pink. This gloss leans warm as it has some brown tones in it, but I think it would look good with many people's coloring.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't like wearing lip gloss because it often looks way too shiny and feels goopy. This one is perfect in that way - the shine is realistic, there is no glitter/shimmer and it's not greasy looking. It adds a nice pillow-y fullness to lips that I love! Also, I've noticed it lasts way longer than any other lip gloss I've ever owned -probably because it is slightly sticky and tackier than other brands - for example, Chanel or Estee Lauder glosses.

The colour is very nice as well, a warm sheer pink that goes well with any look and lets the colour of my natural lips show through. The end result is very natural and youthful. It doesn't slide around and end up outside of the lips either which is a welcome change. My lips feel nice and soft when I remove it or when it wears off.

Overall - I'm not a fan of the packaging, it looks almost like a stubby sample gloss - and the doe foot applicator can get a bit rough. But I would repurchase because I've never found a better, more natural looking and longer lasting gloss than this one plus the colour is beautiful!

Let me start off by stating how much I HATE lipgloss. But, I decided to give this one a chance because I loved the color. The color, for starters, is amazing! It's a brownish-warm pinky-mauvy type color and will compliment many skin tones. Now, about that texture... it is not sticky at all (my usual complaint about glosses) and it actually stays on! I definitely recommend this lip gloss.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is great everyday gloss for me, seems to go well with any other blush or eye look. It gives a fresh, natural slick of neutral pink that doesn't turn mauve on my lips like a lot of glosses seem to do.
The doe foot applicator is much better than the old brush and the stickiness of this gloss is actually one of the reasons I re-buy it, I like the fact it lasts throughout the day without having to constantly reapply.

I got this gloss as part of the "Dress For Success" set available at Macy's. It's a mid-tone warm pink without any shimmer or glitter. I don't usually go for glosses like this (I typically like shimmery/pearly glosses) but have to say that I really do like this. I have pinkish lips already, and I find that this looks natural and just makes my lips look plump and pretty.

as others have said, this works well for all occasions, and you don't have to worry about it clashing or being over-powering. I did take off a lippie because the darn brush in all these BB glosses have a tendency to splay, and also, these are only like half the size of a Dior or Chanel gloss while being almost the same price.

if you find Buff too warm/orange, be sure to check out Petal. Overall, I would repurchase separately. For reference, I am NC20 in MAC, with dark hair and eyes. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

What happened to my beloved Petal??? 12 years ago the Petal Bobbi made was a lovely sheer coral pink and now its a mucky warm pink with way too much beige-orange. Very sad.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really love the color of this gloss. It's a gorgeous pinky nude that makes a great everyday staple or a great one to have in your bag because it will go with anything you put on that morning. In fact, I love all the colors of Bobbi Brown's glosses. I just have trouble with the formulation. You almost have to get it down to a science with these glosses in order to get the right amount so that it doesn't end up a goopy mess.

And the brush applicator brush. It sucks. No way around that. It looses its shape and becomes scratchy after a while. When I bought it, the SA used a foam tip wand to apply it and that was fantastic and really made a difference. I didn't know the applicator would end up being a brush.

It's hard because I love the color and will continue to use it but they really need to work on the stick factor and that applicator. Heck, other brands use brush applicators but they do it way better than BB (Bare Escentuals comes to mind).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Way too goopy and sticky. Better equivalents: Chanel Glossimer in Glow and Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Nude Lustre. I love the small size of bobbi brown's glosses though.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have bought about 5 tubes of this - a fabulous match for my fair skin, and full highly pigmented lips. It isn't about colour as much as lushness and in the end that is what we are all going for. The illusion that this is real. It is too expensive for the amount that you get. In fact the BB lip glosses fool you into thinking there is more there than there actually is. Before you know it the tube is nearly empty. But I will continue to purchase it because I haven't been able (yet) to find a comparable colour any where else. When I do I will buy it both as a gloss or a lipstick.

Popular Lip Glosses