Nature's Gate Organics Persimmon and Rose Geranium

No Image

Not tested on animals

It has been a long time since a shampoo has impressed me. With all the 'new' rave for the SLS free shampoos on the market, a lot of new products have come out claiming many things and not delivering. This is not one of them. It reminds me of Alba Botanica's Plumeria or Honeydew hair wash in that, if I want a good hair day, I'll use this. It adds volume, makes my hair feel light and clean and not dry. I learned a long time ago that you can buy a $25 conditioner and your hair will still look like crap if you don't have the right shampoo. So invest in your shampoo first and you can use the inexpensive conditioner b/c the base makes all the difference. This is an amazing product and I love the fact that it's not scented like a candy or a fruit explosion of bubble gum b/c it's nice to be able to wash my hair and smell a scent that is a little more refined from time to time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love it. my hair was tangly right after the shower but when it dries it's baby soft and shiney. smells SO good.

sulfate& paraben free no animal testing and ORGANIC! : )

on 8/9/2006 12:20:00 PM

I love the smell of the shampoo, but I'm deeply disappointed with how dry my hair felt after using this shampoo even though it's suppose to be moisturising. I have to use the "heavier duty" conditioners just to get my hair to be "normal" frizzy. My scalp doesn't feel more or less itchy with this product. Will be happy to finish using this & move on to another shampoo.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The smell on this is so great. I bought this and the conditioner at Marshals and im very happy. Im always looking for a natural/ no sulfates/ shampoo cond that works. This is good for me. I use this/ the conditioner and then Beauty Without Crueltys leave in and my hair smells amazing and looks great!
*UPDATE: I really like this and my repurchase someday in the future. But im a cosmetic/beauty junkie and love to try new stuff so i just purchased Giovani shampoo and love that too. Both are great. And VEGAN!

on 12/13/2005 10:11:00 AM

The smell isn't that great but the cleaning power is surprisingly good for a poo without laureth sulfate. It's very gentle but doesn't leave hair soft until it's completely dry. Too expensive for what it delivers. (As for the matching conditioner, I reviewed it and here's my conclusion: don't bother.)

on 10/3/2004 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A new line from Nature's Gate using fruit blends is packaged in orange-amber bottles instead of the green I'm used to. The Persimmon and Rose Geranium shampoo has an energizing, tart fragrance - not in a citrus way, more like a mango about to ripen (there aren't any persimmons where I live!). It claims to be moisturizing, but I find it gives my hair more of a volumizing effect. It does leave my hair softer. But it's the fragrance I really use this for; using the matching conditioner afterwards makes the fragrance last longer. It makes morning showers more enjoyable.